It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of airplane would this be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Is anyone familiar with an airplane that doesn't have blinking lights, but instead has a the entire bottom of it lit up with lights that take the shape of the airplane itself? I saw one flying by late last night after a loud helicopter was around. The airplane moved in a very straight line and as it passed over I saw the lights on the bottom. Athough it may be very comman, it's a first sighting for me.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sounds like some sort of advertising craft or something similar.

Where do you live exactly?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Skadi

I live in Independence, Mo, right by KC. The airplane lights were covering the entire bottom of the plane like alot of circle lights coming close together making it solid along the body and the wings. It was midnite and didn't appear to be advertising anything that I could tell. And it was pretty loud as it passed over.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Its funny you should mention that because i see something like that all the time but im pretty sure its a conventional plane

Yours on the other hand isnt. I dont believe ive heard of a plane that has it's belly envolped in lights but to tell you truth it sounds somewhat conventional although the lightin is exotic
Just punch in some more details and ill get a better fix ex:
What is its shape? How fast is it going? Does it make a sound and if it does what does it sound like?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I've never heard of anything like it. My first thought was some sort of VTOL aircraft like the Harrier, which must have a heap of lights on the bottom, but I really have no idea.

Could you describe more accurately what the lights looked like, and where they were located on the underside? i.e. did they go all the way out to the tips of the wings?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Okay, let's see if I can be more clear.
As it came my direction it appeared as a solid light. As it approached closer the light took the shape of a V, like the nose would be shaped. It was solid light, no blinking. It seemed to flow in the sky, in a very straight line coming toward the east which is unusual for this area because they usually are going north and south. It passed directly overhead and I looked up and saw the bottem completely engulfed in light. The lights did cover the entire wings, the wings were farther back and closer to the plane than the usual passenger type. The lights appeared to be like three tracks of lights, one going down the middle and one track on each wing. The lights were like individual round "bulbs" which touched each other giving the appearance of total coverage.

I didn't hear it until after it passed and then it was very loud, like it broke a wake after it. The speed was average, but the smoothness of the flight was unusual.

Thanks for your efforts on this, I always look up and don't often see unusual things so this did get my attention.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Wings were farther back and closer to the plane than the usual passenger type.

Like this?

And I don't really think that you could really judge the smoothness of the flight from the ground. If it were on autopilot or in the hands of an experienced pilot they can get it going dead straight at a constant speed.

But this light arrangement does sound interesting, plus the odd flightpath. How high was it? Crashing into chimneys, or at 10, 000?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
OK, here is the really weird part. I saw a plane go overhead two nights later that looked JUST like the pic you offered. I know it seems I am following along, but honestly, it did. My daughter and I were sitting outside and it flew over the opposite direction of the lighted one. It was very loud and flying fairly low and we could see those two things behind the wings that looked like a weapon plane.

Obviously I am an amatuer about such things, but I do know strange when it presents itself. I would say Yes, the lit up plane looked like the weapon plane only with lights and without the weapons behind the wings. It seemed smooth to me maybe because it had no blinking lights.

It was low enough I could make out the separated circles of lights, it wasn't so high that it looked like one big light.

new topics

top topics

join