It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA footage; Discovery shuttle films UFO's changing direction in space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is some new footage of UFO's by NASA, this time from the Discovery mission. You can see several lights movin from the bottom of the camera to the top, atleast one is abruptly changing direction, you see that at about 9 seconds into the tape.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Cool footage, id say some of those are shooting stars, but they cant all be.
Nice find.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
None of the objects show intelligent control. They all just move straight ahead as if they are being controlled by the orbit or something. Probably shooting stars and sattelites...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
None of the objects show intelligent control. They all just move straight ahead as if they are being controlled by the orbit or something. Probably shooting stars and sattelites...

Not the bottom light at 9 seconds, it moves from right to left towards the aim and then when it is at the aim it moves from left to left.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
With all due respect, do you guys know what "shooting stars" are?
It's kind of a slang generalization used in place of the word "meteorite". Or "Meteor", whatever....
These are not meteors or meteorites, meteors don't glow until they hit the atmosphere.
It seems that the camera has a motion sensor or someone is moving it by hand. The white objects aren't changing direction at all, the field of view is......

The objects may be UFOs or they may be flotsam and jetsam, but they are moving in a straight line relative to their own space.

They could be space debris that might cause a meteor to appear to a lucky observer, but they have no intelligent motion.
Stand back a little farther from the puter and watch the whole video, don't concentrate on the white specks, you can see the clouds move also,,,,, IE; the camera is moving.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The change in direction, if any, is hardly dramatic, and could easily be the result of the shuttle or the camera changing direction, or just its relative position to the object. The "UFO" is probably a satellite or meteor. They could be meteors if they are reflecting the sun's light to the camera. Could be a UFO, but very unlikely.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If those are meteorites or shooting stars or space debris or sattelites, they all must be some new kind because i've never seen any coming out from the earth, or so does it look like.
If those things are in orbit a big mac has no calories. And it has a lot. It looks like the Sereda's ufos, coming out from the earth, ignoring earth's gravity pull, high speed. Some of those things move so fast that it makes the shuttle look like a can of beer sitting on the side of the highway.
Meteorites fall on the earth, period.
Junk is just junk. Please.
Sattelites are orbiting devices, they don't leave their orbits.

It looks like we have a ufo people. Okay i'm just kidding. The point is, there's no way those things are any of the above cited.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Does anyone know why all footage from these missions suffer from such low quality? I mean, every single one of them are pixelated almost beyond recognition and it´s not exactly rocket science to set up a good quality livefeed through satelites these days. There´s probably a perfectly good explanation for this...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In the last part of the video, you can see a glow-pulsing object coming from above, going to the top-right and CHANGING its course. Somebody knows from what mission is this footage?

I must add: in the precise moment this object appears at screen, the camera turns to the right, to the direction where the object is moving. Coincidence?

Adiotionaly, at the very start of the footage, in the exact middle of the camera, from above something is going up in straight line and changing its curse to the right while moving.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by JackHill]

[edit on 12-8-2006 by JackHill]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
First, not all meteors fall to Earth. If they did, we would have more craters than the dark side of the moon. Many simply get a slingshot around Earth. Also, the objects (whatever they are) may appear to be going faster simply because they are in a much lower orbit than the shuttle. This would also explain why they appear to be coming out of the Earth. When the object is in front of the Earth, you have no height reference. However, when it reaches and passes the horizon, it appears to be rising, and leaving Earth. I do believe some UFOs are real, but I'm going to need a little more evidence, preferably scientific evidence, that this one is. Also, don't know why the resolution isn't better. Could be a bandwidth issue.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
debris that might cause a meteor to appear to a lucky observer, but they have no intelligent motion.
Stand back a little farther from the puter and watch the whole video, don't concentrate on the white specks, you can see the clouds move also,,,,, IE; the camera is moving.

The object that appears at the bottom of the screen at about 9 seconds into the tape changes direction without the camera moving. It comes from the bottom moving towards the aim from left to right in about a 120 degrees, then it abruptly changes direction to about 60 degrees. Later in the movie the camera is moving, and it is easy to see that it is, but not at the first object that turns at about 9 seconds into the tape.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
The object that appears at the bottom of the screen at about 9 seconds into the tape changes direction without the camera moving. It comes from the bottom moving towards the aim from left to right in about a 120 degrees, then it abruptly changes direction to about 60 degrees.

I do beleive we are being visited, however i would like to play devil's advocate here, sorry.

What do you suppose happens to a multi-ton object in zero-gravity (in other words it weighs nothing) when it is struck by a microscopic peice of anything travelling at very high speeds?

Edit to add:
Just because the effect of the cause and effect can be witnessed, does not neccesarily exclude all causes other than being controlled by otherworldly intelligences.

I tried to view the link, however the computer i am using gave me this message:

The Site You Are Trying To Access Is Prohibited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category: "Personal Pages;Streaming Media"
Reference AFI 33-129, Web Management and Internet Use, paragraph 2: "The activities listed in paragraphs 2.2.1 through 2.2.14 involving the use of government-provided computer hardware or software are specifically prohibited: 2.2.1 Use of Federal government communications systems for unauthorized personal use."

Monitoring of Your Internet Activity is Being Performed
IAW AFI 33-219, Telecommunications Monitoring and Assessment Program (TMAP), Paragraph 13

If the site you are trying to access is mission essential
please contact your local NCC Help Desk to request access.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a Department of Defense computer system. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices (specifically including Internet access) are provided only for authorized U.S. Government use. DoD computer systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that their use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. Monitoring includes active attacks by authorized DoD entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal information, placed or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this DoD computer system, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring of this system. Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse action. Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.

I sure hope i am not a government dis-info agent.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
What do you suppose happens to a multi-ton object in zero-gravity (in other words it weighs nothing) when it is struck by a microscopic peice of anything travelling at very high speeds?

Are you saying that if a microscopic piece of anything travelling at very high speeds would struck the shuttle, the shuttle would change direction?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expose

Are you saying that if a microscopic piece of anything travelling at very high speeds would struck the shuttle, the shuttle would change direction?

"There is an equal and opposite reaction to every action"

Perhaps the space shuttle would not change direction, like a bullet perhaps a microscopic piece of anything would just penetrate it. Incidently, this microscopic pieces of matter that penetrate our space craft is the same reasonning NASA officials give as being one of the top reasons manned space missions out into the solar system are hindered, (ie, radiation)

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Actually, objects still have weight in space. Gravity extends beyond Earth's atmosphere, therefore weight does as well. An objects weight is simply its mass times the accleration due to gravity. Also, a small piece of anything would theoretically have an effect on a large object (such as the shuttle). The interaction would be determined by Conservation of Momentum, or (m1)(v1)=(m2)(v2). However, for a small object to be moving fast enough to cause a significant change in thwe shuttles direction, it would be moving fast enough to pierce the skin of the shuttle, or at least cause damage.
Looked at the video again, and I see the direction change you're talking about. Still hard to tell though. The camera might not change position, but the shuttle could be turning. Unfortunately, there are no other lights in frame to see if they are all turning in the same way. If one light were turning while the other(s) stay straight you would have something a little more interesting, but unfortunately I only see one light in frame at that time. Possible UFO, but still not enough scientific evidence to be convincing.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by engineer2005
The camera might not change position, but the shuttle could be turning.

If the shuttle was turning you would see the horizon moving. Its pretty obvious to see that neither the shuttle is turning or the camera is moving at 9 seconds into the tape in my honest opinion. Now we can disguss this forever, I just use my eyes on this one and they are telling me that neither the camera is moving or the shuttle is turning. The object changes course from 120 degrees to 60 degrees in an instant, simply turing the camera would not cause such an effect, the shuttle would have to change its trajectory for that illusion to occurr.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think you might be seeing something called parallax. A good ananlogy is driving down the highway. The objects at the side of your car appear to be moving more than distant objects to the side of the car. The shuttles turn may make the object appear to change direction much more than that of the Earth, which could be much further away. We don't know distances or sizes, so its tough to determine whats moving and whats not. If the object were small (space junk, which is plentiful) and relatively close to the shuttle, the result would be what we see in the video. There simply is not enough information available to say what it is with any certainty.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by engineer2005
I think you might be seeing something called parallax. A good ananlogy is driving down the highway. The objects at the side of your car appear to be moving more than distant objects to the side of the car. The shuttles turn may make the object appear to change direction much more than that of the Earth, which could be much further away. We don't know distances or sizes, so its tough to determine whats moving and whats not. If the object were small (space junk, which is plentiful) and relatively close to the shuttle, the result would be what we see in the video. There simply is not enough information available to say what it is with any certainty.

If the shuttle turned you would see it because you have the earth as a reference point.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

"There is an equal and opposite reaction to every action"

Perhaps the space shuttle would not change direction, like a bullet perhaps a microscopic piece of anything would just penetrate it. Incidently, this microscopic pieces of matter that penetrate our space craft is the same reasonning NASA officials give as being one of the top reasons manned space missions out into the solar system are hindered, (ie, radiation)

You implied that those turning objects (multi-ton) were struck by microscopic particles. I don't know much about physics but if the object travelled at 10.000mph let's assume, and were struck by a microscopic particle it wouldn't make any difference. An average sized object would create a blast and depending on the power of the impact the object could eventually chage direction. But you would see the other object and you would see the impact debris.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have to say , more than a year ago almost 2 I used to post here under another name , and Nothing has changed -- same old arguments - same old vids

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join