It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Makes Promise to Dead Soldier's Mom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what this article is about because it doesn't really say much. It's a story about how a family's son got killed and they're trying to track down information on his death. The family got to meet with George Bush and George Bush said he'd help them. Th

articles.news.aol.com/n ews
Karlson, 63, said that during her and her husband's "very personal" meeting with the president, she brought up her frustration in obtaining the official Army report about the crash. Karlson said Bush promised that he would look into the matter and get her the reports."It was a very private meeting and that is the way we want to keep it," she said Friday. "He is a wonderful man. How many other presidents have sat down with the families? None that I know of."

Karlson, a retired school food services manager, told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Bush greeted her with a "great big bear hug," gave her a presidential coin, signed a scrapbook she has about her son and constantly held her hand during the meeting that lasted at least 20 minutes.
"He said, 'I just love the military. There's just something about military families.' And he thanked us for raising the type of child we did. That's part of what he wrote in the scrapbook," Karlson told the newspaper.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

You can form your own opinions but I don't understand why this was a lead article on AOL. This is one of the funniest things I've read in awhile and considering it's real news, it's just great.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by CuriousSkeptic]

[edit on 12-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Is it me or does he look like evil snickering incarnate?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sounds like campaigning for the GOP to me. It was nice if he really did make the women feel better.. if it wasnt a stage, but I don't think he would have done it if it wasn't election year. He should talk to cyndy shehan, maybe tell her to shut the hell up!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What about other famillies?Where's their report?

"And he thanked us for raising the type of child we did"

Well they should be grateful for that,woun't they?

new topics

top topics

join