It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith the Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Okay, first, I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate category--it's not a person, per se--but the only other topic I could think of was TV, and it doesn't seem to fit there either (not in how I'm wanting to mention it.)

I don't hardly ever watch Oprah; every once in a while, my fiance will have it on and there's something that catches my eye, so I'll watch a minute or two of it, but for the most part I normally find something else to do (nothing against Oprah; just not much for TV in general.)

Yesterday's (Friday, Aug. 11th for those who catch this later) show had a segment that I actually felt the need to share. The show was about courage, surviving against the odds, etc., designed to hit the heart strings. I'm not an emotional person by any stretch, but this segment actually almost choked me up:

Faith the Dog

For those who don't want to go to the link, I'll sum it up as best as I can. Faith is a dog, part chow, who was born with her front legs deformed. Her mother was trying to smother her when this couple rescued the puppy (dogs do that sometimes, kill the weak ones of the litter if there's something majorly wrong with them.) They took the puppy to the vet, and the vet recommended putting the dog down--the only way it could move was dragging itself along on the ground. Instead of putting it down, they taught it to walk on it's hind legs, like a human.

They have a video on the page I linked to above; it's most of the segment, and show's the dog walking. Really worth checking out IMO.

I also just realized something about myself; they had several other segments on there yesterday dealing with people--even a kid who was attacked by his dad--but the one that gets me the most is about a dog... Anyone wanting to try their psycho-analytic abilities on that one feel free...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That dog is pretty cool. I’ve seen her on TV before.
The story kind of makes you feel like you should never lose hope.

new topics

join