It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more liquids what about textile explosives no clothes then?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A poster said brilliantly

Originally posted by iskander
Oh wow, not again, those dang terrorists again trying every possible way to bring explosives on the plane. A shoe, a nail polish bottle, trying to use nail clippers as a stabbing weapon, etc.

Did anybody watch any drug cartel related movies? There are only about a hundred thousand of them set for every decade.

So the idea of MULES smuggling drugs INSIDE their bodily CAVITIES must be a big news to everybody.

Sure, we're all supposed to believe that a MacGyver style liquid mix of peroxide, acetone and other house hold chemicals will produce an explosion larger then a couple of pounds of Semtex stuffed up the rear end of some shahid.

So what's next? Industry wide cavity searches?

"Excuse me mam, you're looking rather suspicious with that head dress you got there, I'm required to examine your vaginal cavity for possible explosives..."

Or,

"Sir, yes you in a turban, please come here immediately, assume the position right by this machine, bend over and submit to an anal exploration executed with this mission specific probe by Ratheon industries."

Liquids, Ipods, please.

On top of that what about when there is a plot to use explosives made of woven material fitted like clothing then will no one be allowed to be clothed.

More realistic is the real threat of what iskander said people can just stuff semtex up their anus instead of bringing nail polish remover in a snapple bottle.

That is why this is the most absurd thing ever and does nothing to address the real problem of terrorism at its core wich is being proactive in stopping them not reactive when an arrest is made.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, it's silly - but it makes a good point.

With that said and considering some of the fellow passengers I've flown with, if it goes this far, I'm walking.

*goes to get an ice pick to try to gouge the mental picture out*

[edit on 8-12-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, if it gets so bad to the point where people are going to have to board planes naked, airlines are sure to go out of business. Talk about having your rights stripped away from you. So, obviously, if airlines go out of business, then our right to even travel will be taken away from us (except for the small percentage of nudists who would enjoy this type of thing). What next?

[edit on 8/12/2006 by jeepin4x4girl]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Very good point. Smugglers have been known to carry drugs in... ahem... intimate places. The customs here once caught an old lady with coc aine stuffed up her whooha. Who says that terrorists won't do that with explosives?? Everyone would have to pass through a body check then.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
WoW, I would love to fly naked
! But seriously, if they ever banned textiles, I think that people would hardly travel at all, and airplanes would once again, be used only by the rich and powerful.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well guys, just look on the brighter side of such a "cavity bomb" discovery.

I'm sure that FOX will have a field 'WEEK" with it, saying something like;

"We all know the dangers America faces from Radiological Dispersal Devices (RDD), but who knew that the real DIRTY BOMB would be hidden in Habib Hassans' kaboose?!" ha-ha, back to you Rick...

When crap like this turns into a part of our culture, why do we get surprised when people from the rest of the world at times feel a certain disposition to our mentality?

It's not a trick question.

edit:spl

[edit on 12-8-2006 by iskander]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
and not a damn thing you can do about it !

I just hope I don't get caught on a flight with the underarm hair appreciation society.

What about having everyone that flies trussed up in one of those hannibal lechter suits. Then we could be attached to trollies (headphones included) that get inserted straight into the plane .They could have food, liquid and waste tubes built in. The food and liquid comes from a secure central server and the the waste tubes are blast proof. There, problem solved.
[/pithyness]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa

What about having everyone that flies trussed up in one of those hannibal lechter suits. Then we could be attached to trollies (headphones included) that get inserted straight into the plane .They could have food, liquid and waste tubes built in. The food and liquid comes from a secure central server and the the waste tubes are blast proof. There, problem solved.
[/pithyness]

I think this might just work. Good idea!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well they will probably provide you with those paper like surgical suits the hospital uses, after they have done a complete body cavity search and made you take a shower to wash off any possible explosives you might have applied to your body, while they watch to make sure you actually shower everywhere. And then of course they might make you submit to an enema just in case you have ingested any liquids that might be explosive. If this nonsense keeps up and people keep believing the lies; being required to toss all liquids in bottle might be referred to as the good old days.

Less people will fly so then all the other modes of transportation will be required to do the same to their passengers. Of course all ticket prices will increase to cover all of this extra expense, so you are going to actually have to pay extra to cover the cost of all these indignities. But don't worry there will always be someone around to say, well if it keeps me alive I'm all for it.

Fahrenheit 911 showed where they actually were allowing people to take matches and a lighter on board the planes at one time, I wonder if they still do this?

[edit on 13-8-2006 by goose]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

Fahrenheit 911 showed where they actually were allowing people to take matches and a lighter on board the planes at one time, I wonder if they still do this?

[edit on 13-8-2006 by goose]

The last time I was at the airport was back in March for spring break. The security checks allowed us to take matches but no lighters at that time. I bet if I looked of middle eastern descent this wouldn't have happened.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The shoe bomber was American if I recall correctly so I don't think they are just allowing certain people to have certain things, I think it would apply to all. I think it is foolish to demand everyone dispose of their liquids and still allow matches.

IMO This is of course due to the tobacco industry powerful influence and the fact that many passengers want to light a cigarette as soon as they get off the plane and as a former smoker myself, I understand this need, but I don't understand the airlines to care so much about that to the point of putting everyone's lives in danger just so the passengers can smoke immediately after leaving the airport, crazy that they would do this and toss all liquids.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Seriously (for a moment only!) there was a guy who was part of the 'drills' for 7/7 on Sky the other day saying the air travelling public were going to have to get used to - and I quote - 'intimate cavity searches' in the near future.

They are also saying they are going to use blood pressure scanners to scan passengers for 'hostile intent' - that's gonna work isn't it. How many bad tempered businessmen travel daily?

Plus with no makeup the air hostesses are going to look awful!

Obviously the solution is to inject everyone BA Baraccus style once they check in. Welcome to Coma Airlines.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Obviously the solution is to inject everyone BA Baraccus style once they check in. Welcome to Coma Airlines.

Finally! Sense of humor. Good job.

Other then anesthesia, in order to ease loading/unloading, proper packaging must be developed.

I picture some sort of vacuum sealed condom like cocoon, connected to oxygen feed with a hose, along with a hose extracted waste disposal system.

To ease transport to and from the plane, passengers are to get "packaged" in restroom like facilities, and then hooked to a ceiling mounted conveyor system, like the one in a dry cleaners.

Now that's a way to travel!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
time to make transporters.

or put us in deep freeze for shipping.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This may be off subject but i cant post it, i heard it on TV.

Supposedly now, an explosive can be made with some kind of aluminum that you just cut to the shape of the shoe. It goes undetected by the xray machine. So now, they will be analyzing the inside of the shoe more closely.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
The shoe bomber was American if I recall correctly so I don't think they are just allowing certain people to have certain things, I think it would apply to all.

No, Richard Reid is British.

Flying naked.......I like the sound of that!

Supposedly now, an explosive can be made with some kind of aluminum that you just cut to the shape of the shoe. It goes undetected by the xray machine. So now, they will be analyzing the inside of the shoe more closely.

God, I hope they dont get checkers in who have foot fetishes........

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well, they may as well have fun on the job.

BTW, who gets to keep all the stuff the airport removes from people??? Airport personnel??? Just curious....

I know when i worked at Delta and Eastern airlines, they kept stuff for a certain amount of time and if unclaimed, lost and found would have a day when you could go in and get what you wanted. hm........ I'm not talking suitcases, i'm talking items found at the terminals.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, they may as well have fun on the job.

BTW, who gets to keep all the stuff the airport removes from people??? Airport personnel??? Just curious....

I know when i worked at Delta and Eastern airlines, they kept stuff for a certain amount of time and if unclaimed, lost and found would have a day when you could go in and get what you wanted. hm........ I'm not talking suitcases, i'm talking items found at the terminals.

Yes the airport personal can keep the products, I heard on the news they were interviewing a screener at LAX and he said that after th ethreats and no liquids allowed on planes that lots and lots of people had to leave their expensive colognes and perfumes and that all the workers at the airport were sntaching them up as quickly as possible.

In regards to your comment about the aluminum bomb thats the point that if someone with above average intelligence wanted to blow up a plane it can easily be done and I do mean easily.
50 caliber gun (easily attainable) being fired at decent or take off
smuggling plastic explosives like a drug mule inside ones body while a partner smuggles in the detonator in thier body.
bringing aboard iron oxide powdered aluminum and a magnesium strip to make thermite in the bathroom.
bringin aboard mercury which is wickedly horrible for aluminum causes it to rust in minutes
and many others, obviously some are easier and more realistic than others but that point is that taking away bottles of perfume and toothpaste and wine will not make anyone safer.
Only by getting to the root cause ie the terrorists directly will we be safer in the sky. Spend more money on paying higher rewards for information and hiring training spies to infiltrate cells then next time you fly dont need to worry if the guy next to you is having indegestion from the food or from the 2 pounds of semtex up his anus.

top topics

join