It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi from the Arizona Desert USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm old and love the desert heat. Born in California a blonde surfer so you may have to say things twice for me to understand. I'm a dog lover, come by to say hello, scroll down and meet the cats.

www.rightpov.com

Don't expect a young thing as we all are considered seniors. I've been involved in politics for years and have been a Republican until I woke up in 1989 and have not voted GOP since that time. It took me a while but you can teach an old dog something.

I sometime would like to link to an internet site and need to know how to do that.Text

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hello Sandy, hope that you have a great time here on ATS. If you need any help, just U2U me. Have a great time "Surfing" this board.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Welcome, Sandy Price!

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Grady

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
arizona is great haha but hot ahhhh

anyways i hope you are enjoying your time here and are finding the world of ATS very interesting

hey if you need any help you can just check out my signature right below here, it has the ATS Help Link

it will give you direction to many places on ATS

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted by Sandy Price

I'm old and love the desert heat. Born in California . . I'm a dog lover, come by to say hello . . Don't expect a young thing as we all are considered seniors. I've been a Republican until I woke up in 1989 and have not voted GOP since. It took me a while but you can teach an old dog something . . “ [Edited by Don W]

OK on the heat. I live in Jax and at 6 PM, it is 95 deg on my Yahoo opening page. Like most “free white and 21" types, I have an ac house, and ac car and wherever I go, it is ac so in one way of looking at it, I don’t much care what the temp is. That is selfish I know and that embarrasses me. I suppose to be fair about it, we ought to pay a tax based on a recording thermograph we are compelled to carry about. Inversely proportional, of course, the lower the temp, the more the tax and vice versa.

The other day I was posting here and reminded some that the Federal deficit - about $8 T. is 80% attributable to our so called defense spending. Defense, VA, and debt service being the larger part of the discretionary budget.

The so called entitlements - mainly Social Security and Medicare - are still in the black, that is, taking in more than they pay out. That is in fact, are in surplus. This despite all the dire warnings of B43 last year that the sky was falling. Dating back to the abolishment of the old Post Office and the creation of the quasi government - say private - Postal Service, in 1971, we have gradually privatized our government, which I see as a disaster in the making. I have also called B43 by his favorite moniker, "Dumbya."

Well, I’ll have more to say on other threads. I’m glad to have another old person onboard. I being born in 1934 in Ky.

[edit on 8/12/2006 by donwhite]

top topics

join