It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody here used Tiny Personal Firewall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My pc crashes when I close the activity moniter.
What files would I need to replace inorder to unistall it without causing my comp to crash every 20 seconds once its gone?
:bnghd:

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Rahizial]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
With norton?

I had the same problem..

use somekind of registy cleaner..

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
With Norton? No, its not a Norton product. I'm sure if it was they'd have their logo splashed all over it. I'll try the cleaner though. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I know it's not a help to your problem...

But I would recommend using BlackIce or Zone Alarm for your firewall needs. I have tried so many other firewall programs and have found these to be the best in my oppinion.

With BlackIce (Aswel with others I expect) you can see exactly who has tried to gain access or port scanned you. It tells you the IP address and the DNS. So you can get back at them
Lol no seriously... They are really good programs.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I use Norton Firewall 2002. For some reason, it decided not to work all of a sudden. I made no changed to the registry on my own, it just happened. I'm not sure what do to because it thinks I'm not logged on as the "admin" user and I can't even uninstall it either!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thinks your logged in as the "admin"? Do you have multiple user profiles on your computer then?

If so... Then maybe you need to be logged in as Admin to uninstall it? Just an idea. I haven't used Norton Firewall, so I can't really help, sorry.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
you guys should try outpost v1.0

it works great, tells you everything and is 100%free

and it uses very little resorses , and for antivirus try AVG 6

im runnong both on a 366 220 laptop, running good

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I haven't heard of outpost... I may give it a try

I agree with AVG for anti-virus yea... I use that on all my computers on our network. Great program!

top topics

join