It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Don't See On TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
To many times you see on these boards all the reasons why the USA went to Iraq. Whether it is for oil, revenge or money, the fact remains we are there. All the time on the news and on these boards we see "American Soldiers Kill Innocent People.." or the broadcasting of Troops torturing people. However, there is a postive side to everything that you dont hear about. A large majority of the US and UK soldiers over there are really good people who just want to help. Regardless of the governments policies and conspiracies the soldiers are just doing there job. SO I figured I'd share some pictures I found that show another side of American Soldiers. Figured I'd enjoy, I dont support the war, or Bush or out government but I damn well support the young men and woman wearing that uniform.

Photo Source: msnbcmedia.msn.com

Photo Source: newsimg.bbc.co.uk

Photo Source: defendamerica.mil

Photo Source: middle-east-online.com

Thought you guys might enjoy.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Excelent post raas32. Although it does happen, the lamestream media alomst never brings pictures like this to the American people. There is no drama in this to get ratings or further and agenda.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The media isn't supposed to be a FRIEND.

They are out there to get more people to watch their network.

What attracts a larger audience? A report on friendliness between US Soldiers and Iraqi civilians... or a report about soldiers abusing Iraqi civilians.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
nice PR shots (not supprsing most us forces would inetract with the people around them to gain their trust)
there are always diffrent sides to war

brutaility and this

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yes, its a shame that we don't get to see better images like this.

You wont because there is no such thing as balanced media. Both the pro and against factions always have an agenda to tout and pictures to show.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
PR shots....probably.......I also believe that there are a large amount of troops out there that believe they are there doing the right thing i.e. liberating and creating a democracy......I also believe that there are those that, in thier heart of hearts, are there because they genuinely care........and there are those that are there cos' they've watched too many vietnam movies.

Not sure the last shot would be considered a PR shot, does this soldier believe these kids are carrying weapons in thier lunch boxes?..........

I can only assume that raas32, didn't spot the metal detector in the soldier's hand.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by War_Monger
Excelent post raas32. Although it does happen, the lamestream media alomst never brings pictures like this to the American people. There is no drama in this to get ratings or further and agenda.

Yeah...there's some logic for ya!

Here, let's try some of that...

Happen to know who the little tyke is? Remember Elian?

Oooooo....Let's look at these:

And my personal favorite!!!

Talk about a vacuous sense of perspective... :shk:

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Both the pro and against factions always have an agenda to tout and pictures to show.

So true...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
LOL as the poster above me said, a lady with a detector wand waving over some childrens lunch boxes isnt exactly one that makes you g "AWwwwww"... though it is nice they provide security in schools.
From my friends that have been in Iraq most talk about how they hand toys and candy out to children when walking or driving around, they also mostly agree there is always one @!$% in the group that slams racial slurs left and right. Most I would agree do care. I have a friend that came back about 8 months ago, his job was to respond to terrorist bombings, he was a medic of somekind not sure what it was he actually did. Well anyways he could speak arabic, and said that when an Iraqi would walk up to soldiers and cary on conversations, they always slipped in "Fag, Bitch" and other words ATS won't let me say in the middle of their sentences.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Loam. Bravo.

I just don't have the ability to search a retreive such links. But I was thinking exactly the same thing. Bottom line, people believe what they want to believe. Now if the those same people understood that, perhaps they could see more objectively. AAC

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey Loam,

Good pictures, the one thing is they are of government leaders not just the average joe private. The leaders are looking for a photo op. The average joe is not out for the photo op just the chance to come home.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLUMBER1
Hey Loam,

Good pictures, the one thing is they are of government leaders not just the average joe private. The leaders are looking for a photo op. The average joe is not out for the photo op just the chance to come home.

non sense, all american soldiers are evil satanic pigs who rape and pillage. more propaganda from the zionist 9/11 conspiring bush administration.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pugachev
non sense, all american soldiers are evil satanic pigs who rape and pillage. more propaganda from the zionist 9/11 conspiring bush administration.

^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||

And then you have the opposite example of a vacuous sense of perspective.

:shk:

[edit on 12-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||

And then you have the opposite example of a vacuous sense of perspective.

:shk:

And how is that?

I'm sorry, but comparing hitler and castro to American soldiers is just plain idiocy in my opinion.

And please, dont lay that "define good and bad" crap. I'm seriously getting sick of that.

[edit on 8/12/06 by pugachev]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but comparing hitler and castro to American soldiers is just plain idiocy in my opinion.

Huh?

Are you saying Hitler and Castro are BETTER than American soldiers????

I'm confused...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Huh?

Are you saying Hitler and Castro are BETTER than American soldiers????

I'm confused...

Perhaps you didn't understand me earlier. I was being sarcastic talking about the "evil american soldiers".

[edit on 8/12/06 by pugachev]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Perhaps you didn't understand me earlier. I was being sarcastic talking about the "evil american soldiers".

You're right...I didn't... On this site, you never know...

But I think you also missed my point. I wasn't equating American soldiers to Castro and Hitler, but making the point that a "few good pictures" hardly provide an accurate sense of reality.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Not sure the last shot would be considered a PR shot, does this soldier believe these kids are carrying weapons in thier lunch boxes?..........

I agree. This picture hardly makes me feel all warm inside...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

I agree. This picture hardly makes me feel all warm inside...

LOL!! It's the first thing I noticed when I took a look at all of the picts.

It took only what, 15 posts to catch up to that one?

No, it's not a weapons check, it's the American educational system being introduced to the Iraqis.

What you don't see, is that another soldier on the other side of the fence is handing out Eminem and 50 cents Cd's, and since everybody already has AKs, all they need is bag pants and graffiti, while immediately on the other side, some CBN Jesus Christ International Incorporated "agent" is handing out Bibles.

That's democratization for you.

As far a soldiers go, some of them are sticking in out for their buddies, some genuinely believe they are helping Iraqis, some can't wait to get back to their families, and some get drunk hit golf balls and can't wait but to catch some Iraqis, rape and kill them just for fun.

It's War, we started it, and that's how it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There have consistently been positive stories in the media about Iraq. People who say there haven't been don't consume mainstream media. They just repeat what other people tell them.

But because we know of torture and murder of suspects imprisoned by coalition troops; because we suspect there have been mass murders and rapes by coalition troops, we have to recognize that borh sides exist.

How many sweet moments between soldiers and does it take to offset a murder? A rape?

The fact is that the soldiers we send over there are ordinary people with the good and bad they bring with them. Repeatedly extending tours has overstressed the troops, which increases the potential for evil acts against civilians.

It's a civil war and outside troops are put in the position of being policemen -- something they aren't trained for/

Going there was the worst mistake made by the US in 20+ years. The sooner we leave, the fewer of our soldiers will die.

top topics

join