It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ok, I've booleaned, googled and can't find this subject anywhere but did lose a former post to that "this subject is already here' message!

And, why isn't there a science/technology conspiracies forum? All other sectors are subject to conspiracy theories, but I've already noticed that when I posted a subject about science conspiracy I got a lot of hater posts following. Anyway, this is NOT a complaint, it is a comment on the mystery.

Here is what I originally posted and which was erased by the warning message:

I think that some form of "thought police" really are listening. To you, and me, simple citizens that we be.

One plausible way is that DSL, for example, is a two way street, in that it not only ships info into your house, it is perfectly capable of carrying info out as well, ie, what shows you are tuning into, maybe even conversations or even taking pictures is possible.

Yet it seems way too complicated and messy for reason, I mean how would the info from those thousands of homes be processed? Still, we who have worked in the field are well aware that at least some of the technology exists. (And we are slowly becoming aware as a species that all things are within reason given enough information.

Hints and flashes of insight bring about musings and enough of these can show as manifested in the outer world from what was "only" accumulative reasoning within, if we pay close enough attention. (Einstein and Eli Whitney thought up or dreamed their successes before they were proven able to manifest in the outer world.)

And I am totally convinced that advertisers would use everything in their power to know what we are watching and when, and to what advertisements we are responding. I've done many market surveys and am aware of the big bucks paid for a lousy phone list, how much more a list of what people are talking about and what they are doing?

Who better to fill the hunger than the technies that bring about the technology that fills the bill?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There is a science and technology forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is where you can discuss everything from the latest tech to conspiritorial factors about new tech.

However, when it comes to technology being used for surveilance, mind control, ect, there are numerous forums it can fall into.

The NWO, Education and Media, Government Projects, Medical Conspiracies, Website related discussion, just to name a few.

Because technology is so all encompassing and is used for different things, it can fall into many categories.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hm. Well, I'd have to say I can't see how.

First, if you have a digital cable box, it can be polled to see what you're watching. I'm not saying anyone does, just that it has the ability to do so.

The DSL comes in on the phone lines. It can't really tell poot about the TV.

Next, on the listening thing, well, this is probably not a BIG giveaway, but ur, you can plant a rootkit on someone and turn on the microphone in their machine (especially laptops) without them knowing it, even with the volume control panel showing it's muted. The OS can also conceal that it's sending voice packets from whatever line monitoring program you have installed, so BlackIce or whatnot won't tell you anything about a process making connections.

As far as seeing you goes, if you had a webcam or something hooked up, you can use the same trick on it.

But just a DSL line, nah. It can't "pick up voices" or images or whatever.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
There is a science and technology forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is where you can discuss everything from the latest tech to conspiritorial factors about new tech.

However, when it comes to technology being used for surveilance, mind control, ect, there are numerous forums it can fall into.

The NWO, Education and Media, Government Projects, Medical Conspiracies, Website related discussion, just to name a few.

Because technology is so all encompassing and is used for different things, it can fall into many categories.

I placed this on one of the sites you suggested. The Science and Technology Forum has no conspiracy related posts, that is none that I could find. I find that rather amazing considering the amount of conspiracy theories that fuel the other forums. Medical conspiracies? Government Projects? Education and Media? Hmmm. I'm failing to see how any of those are a purely technology related forum.

I also think that technology and science are the "gods" no one is supposed to rant on or bash in this lovely age we are living in.

top topics

join