It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I tire of the self-minded, feudalistic dreamers that think a single action will destroy the will of desire.
I'm scarried.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am doing nothing about it for at least 4 reasons.

First, I am on vacation, so I leave those problems for those who are working.

Second, I live in Portugal, probably most people don't even know where it is, so they would bomb Spain or some place in North Africa if they intended to bomb Portugal.

Third, all the things that are supposed to happen do not happen, the only ones that happen are the ones that were not predicted.

Fourth, if the worst happens, I am not worried with the consequences, I do not expect to life many more years, I do not have children to worry about and I am already tired of this life.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
im sorry to hear your tired of life. however to me no matter where or who gets hit i will be extremely saddened by it.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I feel safe and secure.
What will you say to that?
And you know why, I feel safe and secure? Because it won't happen.
I look forward to telling you: I told you so.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I will say that is so nice that you feel safe and secure. I hope nothing ever does happen. however it does look as if disasters happen regularly whether natural or man made.

i'm just wondering how prepared are people for disasters especially the man made ones.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I mostly read on here but have only posted one time. I am a news junky but haven't watched it in the last couple of days. What is being said on Fox News/CNN. Does anyone have a link? Anyways as for me, my family and friends I think we would be alright and preparred. I try not to think about this stuff simply because I want to enjoy my life as much as I can. My granmother once said before she passed away with heart problems "It's not the quantity of life you live but it's the quality of life. So I enjoy everyday to the fullest. Enjoy my pets, my lovely wife, my coworkers(yes it is possible) and my neighbors. Just my 2 cents.

L8r,

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If you do a search ("August 22"), you come up with some hits:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

It might have something to do with this:

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
i'm just wondering how prepared are people for disasters especially the man made ones.

As said earlier in this thread, the media just loves to stir the pot and keep us, well, terrorized.
I'm not saying there aren't a lot of people who wish others ill and will go to great lengths to inflict pain and sorrow. Those who will stop at nothing to further their greed or their agenda.

But, I also think there is an organized effort to keep the masses controlled. Fear, aka as terrorism, is a great tool to keep those masses focused on the fear and not what is really going on. To promote fear so that those masses will be grateful when nothing happens. And even grateful enough to offer their government more power over their citizenry.

As far as personal preparedness, I think most people are woefully unprepared for even everyday unexpected happenings.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I would find a friend who can trust,within 5 mile like John Titor said.

Practice to not eat too much and prepare for combat.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
For sake of actually citing sources (gasp!), could the OP that has stated CNN and FOX have been airing insider information..

please...

.. post ..
... a ..
.... link ..

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
For sake of actually citing sources (gasp!), could the OP that has stated CNN and FOX have been airing insider information..

please...

.. post ..
... a ..
.... link ..

That is what I am trying to get.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Heres a few links about August 22. I am trying to figure out how to get the interview on here with the man in silhouette who talked about the 22 as being a disaster for both the United States and Israel.

Nobody likes to say his name. It is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and he is the leader of Iran. Last month he told the Western world it would have to wait — until August 22 — before Iran would respond to the international proposal for a cessation of their nuclear efforts. A typical game of diplomatic stalling? Not at all.

August 22 is the end of the Iranian month of Mordad, and this year corresponds with the Islamic date of Rajab 28, the day Saladin conquered and entered Jerusalem.

www.foxnews.com...

As WorldNetDaily has reported, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has urged his people to prepare for the coming of an Islamic "messiah," raising concerns a nuclear-armed Islamic Republic could trigger the kind of global conflagration he envisions will set the stage for the end of the world.

www.wnd.com...

Also important to note is that fact that August 22 of the current year also corresponds with the Islamic date of Rajab 28. This day is the same day on which the great Saladin conquered and entered Jerusalem, further evidence of Ahmadinejad’s belief in the regional importance of the date chosen by him to report to the West.

www.albawaba.com...

english.people.com.cn...

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Shar]

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Shar]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
problem-reaction-solution anyone? so the doctors are at it again, spin something like 'duh.. lets create hysteria among the mass, we could try and connect to the dates ahmedinijad gave us and tada! it'll sounded credible enough if we mentioned the significance of the prophet Mohammed ascension to heaven on that same date.. so here we go, blink! red alert! red alert!

then BAM!! there goes iran.. and another one bites the dust.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
toilet paper and water - learn it, love it, live it.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by Valhall]

Don't forget your duct tape and plastic wrap...

Aug. 22...isn't that the date the prez of Iran is going to give his answer (thumb his nose for the 100th time) to the UN or the IAEA or something?

Me, I'm not into dates. I have a hard enough time keeping track of which season it is.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i translate my fear into two things...

a thirst for information...and more and more of it.

and secondly..a desire to do something about it.

whether you believe this or not...and i think you DO beleive...

there are others out there just WAITING for someone to step up to the plate and kick start what we all think about doing...

its just the thought of rejection or consequence that keeps us ...grounded.

we've been conditioned by fear...and respect....

we must lose the fear and ditch the respect...until then..i will keep my fingers crossed...

but boy oh boy...what a day that will be...ive said this once before plenty of times..

there is STRENGTH in numbers...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
August 22? Man that list of doomsdays is getting long. I predict we'll have to start recycling dates within several months.

Over the last many years I have slowly equipped my home and family with all the essentials to self-support for an extended period of time. We have a written 'Family Emergency Plan' that provides guidelines and refence for a range of security issues and the actions we need to take to stay ahead of it as best we can. It covers both shelter-in-place and cut-and-run scenarios. That's about all anyone can do: prepare as best as possible and have all critical information locally available in case communications networks come down.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thats great that you are preparing for a major disaster whether man made or natural.

It dosnt seem like to many people does. Cause in the beginning I believe most people did try to prepare and nothing major happens. The more people hears something the longer it takes the more they get use to it the less they prepare.

I hope you the best if something does come down.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Just a quick Bible reference:

Is this frame similar to Revelation 9:15?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Bothered
Just a quick Bible reference: Rev. 9:15

Please elaborate more on how you feel that this is about the angels' slaying of the third part of men.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If there was to be a nuclear attack- why the hell would he basically announce it to the world? The only terrorist motive I can see is the terrorising of people living in fear of that particular date- nothing more, nothing less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join