It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What are you doing if anything to prepare for August 22?

Do you believe or not believe that something big is going to go down on this date?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What is so special about this date again?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nukes are supposed to be detonated somewhere.

I think I'll take my chances and take a nice long nap that day.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites
Nukes are supposed to be detonated somewhere.

I think I'll take my chances and take a nice long nap that day.

And where does this "prediction" come from?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Only that fox news and cnn has had a man speaking in silhouette that the USA and Isreal both are seriously going to be hurt. Possible Nuke even. Just something very big.

Alot of folks on here are even talking about August 22. So I was hoping to get answers of what people are doing.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Shar]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Given the current state of terrorism, they would play out something ironic.
Like blowing up something that looked like a missile housing, and hoping for panic.

Hopefully, the media will be downplayed.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well, I'm a level 72 paladin. So, I guess I'll get the ol' Long sword and tower shield ready.
Or, perhaps I'll just stick to my lazer firing nipples.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Nothing. In the 3+ years I've been here, we've had dates with this type hysteria surrounding them come and go and come and go and come and go. Everything from impending comet impacts to nuclear attacks.

I'm going to get up every day, go to work, work on my house, enjoy my family, and just stay aware of the events around me at a level that the world's situation merits - but not much higher than that. I'll try to keep sufficient drinking water and toilet paper on hand, and that should get me through anything that could happen.

toilet paper and water - learn it, love it, live it.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thankyou for posting and giving me your thoughts. I too try to keep essential items on hand. But it never does seem as though we can do enough especailly if a major attack does come down. I fear there will be more of us hurting than not.

I still hope to hear what others are doing also if anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nothing, no one is doing nothing. Does this mean everyone feels safe and secure and they are not worried about this or anything else.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Nothing, no one is doing nothing. Does this mean everyone feels safe and secure and they are not worried about this or anything else.

It probably means that no one is taking this threat seriously, as is the case with alot of predictions of attacks.

Like Val said, for the past three years, numerous predictions of doom and disaster have come and gone, and none have really come true.

There are more provable things to be worried about.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Excuse me, what are you wanting us to say? Are you needing some one else to join in some "fraidy hole" mentality about this or something? No, I don't feel "safe and secure" - and there are a multitude of reasons I don't, from a national interior policy standpoint to global geopolitical instability standpoint, to there are people out there that really hate our guts standpoint.

But exactly what the heck are you wanting? The only reasonable measure is to "stay aware at a level to which the events of the world necessitate" - past that and you're wandering off into paranoid-land.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes, but theres a major difference this time cause cnn and fox news have both been talking about this date. To me this is something more serious. Cause cnn and fox does not talk about predictions. like the bible codes or anything else. But they are talking about this one.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What exactly can we do to prepare anyway? I dont know where there's a bunker that would protect me from nuclear attack. so i dont think hiding under my bed is gonna save me. And in any case surely the earth would be uninhabitable for decades after it happened, so i doubt that water and a few rolls of bog paper would help much in the aftefrmath.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yes, but theres a major difference this time cause cnn and fox news have both been talking about this date. To me this is something more serious. Cause cnn and fox does not talk about predictions. like the bible codes or anything else. But they are talking about this one.

They both talk about whatever drama they think will up their ratings. And I suspect that as they run out of real-world things to spin to this effort, they'll have to move more and more into shadowed figures speaking of impending doom.

Turn the boob tube off and turn to the written word - it's harder to embed drama in the written word. And it's much easier to get to the facts of the matter.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
When faced with any predicted doomsday, tragedy, Catastrophy or any other type of unpleasantness, we down at Dew Drop Inn, like to ratchet up the Party a notch and play songs by the Doors like, "The End" or Roy Orbison, "It's Over" you know the type. Makes people feel better.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Lets just say that for the sake of argument something does come down. Its bad like a nuke just one. but the stock market crashes and all businesses like gas stations and all stores closes down. Its in your area not 2000 miles away, but in your territory.

What would you do.

You can tell by looking at the hurricane katrina disaster how much chaos that caused. So tell me how would you survive. Are you going to stay in your own home or are you now on foot. Do you have a tent or tarps for some type of shelter. Do you have a backpack with this stuff. Or are you going to gather in one place screaming wheres the government why are they not here helping.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, I'm kinda prepared for the worst. Dirtbike, .306, .38. backpack with essentials, maps, first aid kit; but most importantly, a group of like minded friends with a plan.

But to tell you the truth; I don't think nukes will be brought into play; Chem,Bio will though and there is probably no defense for that stuff unless you are one of the elite and have been vaccinated.

If the puppet masters decide that they want the world with out all the rabble; we're TOAST. I just hope we are all afflicted with unwarranted paranoia.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
on the 22nd i'll probably watch snakes on a plane after work

and then eat a nice hogie, or maybe some other sort of sandwich, with a significant other

then i'll laugh at how people were all paranoid about the 22nd, and be happy about how i lived the day to it's fullest

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Lets just say that for the sake of argument something does come down. Its bad like a nuke just one. but the stock market crashes and all businesses like gas stations and all stores closes down. Its in your area not 2000 miles away, but in your territory.

What would you do.

You can tell by looking at the hurricane katrina disaster how much chaos that caused. So tell me how would you survive. Are you going to stay in your own home or are you now on foot. Do you have a tent or tarps for some type of shelter. Do you have a backpack with this stuff. Or are you going to gather in one place screaming wheres the government why are they not here helping.

If something did happen, the response would be horrific; given the state of everyone's mood.
Could trigger a significant war action.
BTW, I don't scream.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join