It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS's Mike Wallace: Iranian President Ahmadinejad IS NOT an anti-semite

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
In addition to thepieman's post can I ask for some proof that Ahmadinejad wants to "kill every jew"? Or are we just allowed to make stuff up and post pure fantasy now?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
doesn't this guy want to "wipe israel off the map"???

i am confused

Yes, he want's to wipe Israel off the map, but not the Jews.

The Jews will remain, hovering above the sea, in suspended animation.

Therein lies the difference. Please pay attention.

I want to thank everyone for posting their opinions here. It has helped me to solidify my theories about the political leanings of certain members. And I am serious about that.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

what

let's not get religious on this thread...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

That is an intentional mistranslation, the correct translation is "wipe the Zionist regime from the pages of history".

He is refering to the Ayatollah who advocated regime change in Israel.

I want to thank everyone for posting their opinions here. It has helped me to solidify my theories about the political leanings of certain members. And I am serious about that.

What political information can you glean from this thread?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

lol
I always get a chuckle when people do that.

Why do you think he wants Israel wipped off the map? Because he's jealous of their trees or something

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't believe in all the hype that the Iranian president is evil, and hates and wants to kill all the Jews and will go nuclear on Israel BUT, he is not a good guy. Let's be honest with ourselves. These leaders today are not good. If the Iranian president was so good he would not support Hezbollah killing innocent people. You mean like the US and Israel? Yes I do. You talk bad about the US and Israel, yet say the Iranian president is a great guy. Great way at being balanced.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I said he's not an anti-semite, not that he is a great guy. We're being rail roaded into this mindset which will facilitate an attack on Iran and it's bogus. I'm doing my part to help dispell some of the psy-ops campaign aimed directly at the West by Israel and the United States.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Anyone who can respect the vile venomous retoric that spews from this guys mouth has their priorities all screwed up. But then again, there are people in the world who worship Satan.

many of the world's most ingenious have worshiped satan.

Dude, that Ascended Master guy looks just like Chris Angel!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It has helped me to solidify my theories about the political leanings of certain members. And I am serious about that.

What exactly is that supposed to mean?
Care to elaborate on this?
I haven't noted people on this forum as being particularly shy about their "political leanings".

And as for "regime change" != "extermination"... I'm kind of annoyed that an intentional mistranslation is being used to promulgate a myth that Iran is calling for genocide. While I'm no fan of the Iranian regime anyway, this kind of distortion is an extremely disturbing propaganda tactic aimed at increasing the chances of war.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Thats correct

I dont know his intenntions for who is to govern Israeli lands, most likely Palestine and Syria. The jews would co-exist inside Palestine, with other arabs.

Do you have any proof that he wants to kill the jews, or make the jews hovering above the sea in suspended animation?

What is this surpose to mean? Im sure if you asked any memeber of the board they would inform you of their political leanings. This situation is not about you separatists ideas of liberal vs. conservative. This thread is simply stating that the Iranian preident is not a anti-semite, again semites are arabs aswell. He is what i would call a anti-zionist, he calls for the dismantling of the zionist regime. Not the end to freedom, democracy and all those virtues that the media makes believe he wants to take away from you.....

Again though i will state, i do not agree with or condone the actions of the Iranian Regime. I believe the Islamic state should be overthrown, but not with American, or European intervention. The people of Iran are a strong proud people, when they feel they are independent or outside influence they will overthrow the regime themselves. It will probably be bloody and devastating but still would you expect other nations to overthrow your own government, or would you want to overthrow them your selves.

Sorry for the ramble.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It's not that he hates jews. They make up a large portion of his population. He hates Israel being in Palestinian land. And he is aware of the threat of their control there. He doesn't see the reasoning behind them being given that land. The conventional wisdom is it is because of the Hallocoust. So he rebufs with, "Give them european land then."

It is not so crazy of a position to take if your living on that side of this problem. It doesn't make him any crazier than other world leaders. AAC

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
What exactly is that supposed to mean?
Care to elaborate on this?
I haven't noted people on this forum as being particularly shy about their "political leanings".

Just thinking out loud, that's all, nothing more than a personal observation.

Just tryin' to learn, tryin' to learn...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
It's not that he hates jews. They make up a large portion of his population. He hates Israel being in Palestinian land. And he is aware of the threat of their control there. He doesn't see the reasoning behind them being given that land. The conventional wisdom is it is because of the Hallocoust. So he rebufs with, "Give them european land then."

Maybe I just don't understand why he wants to make it his business. Did Iran lose land to the Israeli nation?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Maybe I just don't understand why he wants to make it his business. Did Iran lose land to the Israeli nation?

Just like the Jewish are a "people." As are the "Arabs" They had a historical hatred before the US and Britain birthed them. 1948 was just a smack in the face. Since then, they have watched them get bigger and "cockier."

It's like this, a few jewish people moved into the palastinian land. No problem. A few more. No problem. Then more come and bring with them their homes. No problem. Then more come. Then they start building buildings and industry and naming cities. It started to become a problem.

AAC

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

He's exploiting it for political capital at home and across the region.
Israel is a hot button issue with Muslims in the Mideast due mainly due to the Palestinian issue. He knows that by railing against Israel he has an instant support base.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Oh what walls has Iran built surrounding Jews ?

Err...I mentioned some in an earlier post…walls need not be physical...perhaps you could read rather than react?...

Do jews have curfews in Iran?

Define curfew please…your version…

What houses of Jews have Iranians been bulldozing
Has Iran confiscated Jewish taxes from Jewish Ports somewhere?
Are Iranians dumping solid wastes as well as toxic wastes in jewish backyards and properties?Are Iranians culling sick poultry and then burying them on jewish lands? Please point me to any of those if you can find them. Who is out to kill who in reality and not in words of fantasy?

Nice…OK…I’ll use your broad brushed apologist logic….

What houses of Iranians have Israelis bulldozed?
Has Israel confiscated Iranian taxes from an Iranian port somewhere?
Are Israelites dumping solid wastes as well as toxic wastes in Iranian backyards and properties?
Are Israelites culling sick poultry and then burying them on Iranian lands?
Please point me to any of those if you can find them.
Who is out to kill who in reality and not in words of fantasy?

So your point on the topic of this thread was….?

The chronic use of the word “Jew” rather than Israeli (there are other people than Jews living in Israel…yes?) is telling…or shall I assume you mean “Muslim” in every instance you mention Iran?...typical.

mg

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A lot of you guys have missed the boat on Ahmadinejad... he is a visionary.

What's worse is he is one serious man of action.

If you want to see the end results he is daydreaming about just LOOK at Lebanon in ruins. THAT is his vision. THAT is almost entirely Irans (and Syrias) doing.

When Iran gets the bomb, it will be used. Cuz if there is one thing that has been proved by recent events in Lebanon, is the Iranians don't care whatsoever happens to ANY Arabs... they just want to KILL Jews... at pretty much ANY cost.

The proof is in the pudding. And the pudding is spattered all over Lebanon (and northern Israel).

Ahmadinejad likes pudding.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Judging by the confidence it was proclaimed that Ahmadinjead wants to "kill all jews" I thought a request for some proof would of been easy to handle. But as yet there is no evidence showing Ahmadinejad wants to kill a single jew, let alone all of them.

Infact I've got direct quotes from Ahmadinejad where he says he is against all bloodshed. whether it be Muslim, Christian or Jewish. But that get's ignored whilst deliberate mistranslation which have been proved as such get released into the echo chamber of faux journalism (read propaganda machines) and become "fact".

Oh well, still waiting for some proof.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Infact I've got direct quotes from Ahmadinejad where he says he is against all bloodshed. whether it be Muslim, Christian or Jewish.

Since he says that, we should believe him? If he was against all bloodshed he would stop supplying bombs and resources for Hezbollah to kill civilians. I mean, you guys talk endlessly about how evil the Western leaders are, yet you bring up this?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
A lot of you guys have missed the boat on Ahmadinejad... he is a visionary.

What's worse is he is one serious man of action.

If you want to see the end results he is daydreaming about just LOOK at Lebanon in ruins. THAT is his vision. THAT is almost entirely Irans (and Syrias) doing.

As much as I know you'd love to free Israel of responsibility for most of their crimes, those were Israeli jets,israeli helicopters ,Israeli boats and Israeli soldiers ,bombing, blockading, strafing and murdering people.
What you can also take credit for, is alienating the 40% of lebanon that was against Hizbollah and made them into heroes for about 90% of the country now. Turning those 40% against Israel as well. Your country also made Hizbollah heroes throughout the Arab and islamic countries all over the world and caused an even larger hate base for muslims against americans.

Not only was this a major military loss for your country, it was a financial loss, as well as an image loss for your country So for the 2 hostages that you should have swapped for, since they knew they were kidnapped as well, you got dead people on your side and dead people on Lebanons side, and still no kidnapped soldiers from Hizbollah or Hamas. Political and Military geniuses NOT
The only one with brains in your government turned out to be the one with the high-heels and she was against it from day 2. Tzipi Livni understood what was going on and did not encourage further attacks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join