It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S in 2005 f0||0ws beirut's lead in urban warfare(1970)??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Following on to my previous thread,(civil war in the U.S, strictly US related)
what would result if this so-called "civil war" predicted by titor was to take place? urban warfare is by far the worst engagement any gvrmnt forces could engage in...could this possibly occur...we're talking 2005 here!!

something else i 4got to mention...here's a good long read for anyone wanting to be briefed on the situation regarding beirut in the 70's, it's a nice long read

www.aijac.org.au...

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
what would result if this so-called "civil war" predicted by titor was to take place? urban warfare is by far the worst engagement any gvrmnt forces could engage in...could this possibly occur...we're talking 2005 here!!

well anything can possibly happen. there could be a second coming of christ but i doubt it will happen.

i dont like predictions based on a timeline, of course thats what makes them predictions isnt it?

i think its bunk, if it does happen it wont happen until the people of this country are almost enslaved. even then they'll just be given another season of survivor and they' shut up and settle back into their ignorant stupor.

and why is this is in board questions???? someone move this please

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
urban warefare is hard.. but i doubt U.S citizens could do much against armour and choppers surely...

gunbattles in the streets would surely be a problem though.. but they would just mow everybody down with apcs. and humvees with 50.cals on them...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i mean we have all seen what happened when that guy stole a tank and went on one... imagine that but with live amunition 10,000 fold... we would be #ed ...

we cannot deffend against that...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
i mean we have all seen what happened when that guy stole a tank and went on one... imagine that but with live amunition 10,000 fold... we would be #ed ...

i wish it was possible to remove the words cannot and can't from our language, it keeps people from seeing what is possible sometimes....

sorry! carry on...just a monkey here, nothing to see folks! keep on walking....

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

what guy stealing what tank??

tell!!

and another point i'm willing to make....how is it possible an army will attack homes destroying their families for a corrupt gvrnmnt???i dont see that coming, not in a million years'

there's a link missing in the bridge, they wont do it....i highly doubt it..
o no, but wait....since they're american they lack the strength of will, since they're civilian descendants

the ones that do go with the gvrnmnt will be annihilated by the protesting army...
equipment will be shared out.
agreed...a mad man's rantings

i cant help but mention this tho:

in a worst case scenario, the protesting army is probably wiped out thru nuclear warfare, the U.S gvrmnt then stumbles on it's last breath to complete it's task(destroy the rest of the world....)
this is so far-fetched, the foundations for this argument are frail, critics will probably domin8 in the discussion

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

i wish it was possible to remove the words cannot and can't from our language, it keeps people from seeing what is possible sometimes....

I agree with that, a lot of people get hung up on the the can't and don't see what they are capable of. I'm not saying it would be easy to fight against armored vehicles, tanks, choppers, etc., but it could be done.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

point made...why is it in board questionz?

can i change it? who's fault?

well anything can possibly happen. there could be a second coming of christ but i doubt it will happen.

i dont like predictions based on a timeline, of course thats what makes them predictions isnt it?

i think its bunk, if it does happen it wont happen until the people of this country are almost enslaved. even then they'll just be given another season of survivor and they' shut up and settle back into their ignorant stupor.

and why is this is in board questions???? someone move this please

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero

I agree with that, a lot of people get hung up on the the can't and don't see what they are capable of. I'm not saying it would be easy to fight against armored vehicles, tanks, choppers, etc., but it could be done.

sometime the right mindset makes all the difference.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Titor may be an insightful writer/columnist/author, but his assertion for a "US civil war" in 2005 is way off base and is mere speculation.....just as this topic is....

His feelings on Lebenon, Israel, US,the 70's, and others is also well documented......

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   

sometimes the right mindset could end up blowing up the world, u want an examlpe? bush....does he see himself as evil? his conscience tells him he's doing the iraqi's a favour

a mindset can be misinterpreted in many forms, since in fact one freedom fighter is another man's terr0rist

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
the noise the tanks make, and knowing they are coming to get you will panic alot of people...

whats to say they wont be computer controled?

operated our on trusty mobile/cell phone network...

sure homemade explosives could take out the tracks ect ect..

but getting through the armour will surely be very hard considering what weapons the american public have..

obviously this is all theoretical of course...

maybe some american militia men have rpg-7s in thier gun shed ect ect

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
if the tanks come a rolling.. dont forget the civilians dont have leaders they will be fighting for themselves.. they wont be looking out for each other initially..

it will be a slaughter house for a few days.. maybe even weeks..

thats when the soilders get worried and they all turn on each other.. thats when we have a chance..

the best thing anybody could do is run untill we have some sort of equal chance...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i think you would all be kidding yourselves thinking we have a chance... when the tanks first come...

i am certainly going to be running into the hills and hiding in mine shafts/caves ect ect trying to hide my tracks and put false ones.. around... hopefully the dogs wont find me...

ill just make sure i put alod of snares around and get some deccent sniping possitions...

if anybody follows me hopefully luck will be on my side..

ill wait with a radio and hopefully make contact with the uprising and join the fight after the slaughter...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   

sometimes the right mindset could end up blowing up the world, u want an examlpe? bush....does he see himself as evil? his conscience tells him he's doing the iraqi's a favour

a mindset can be misinterpreted in many forms, since in fact one freedom fighter is another man's terr0rist

what about ourselves? we like to think we are never wrong but on occasion we are wrong arent we? is he so different from us? like us he is in denial, more so than us perhaps but we all have denied something before.

in a way he IS doing iraq a favor and yet a disservice at the same time.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   

i think you would all be kidding yourselves thinking we have a chance... when the tanks first come...

i am certainly going to be running into the hills and hiding in mine shafts/caves ect ect trying to hide my tracks and put false ones.. around... hopefully the dogs wont find me...

ill just make sure i put alod of snares around and get some deccent sniping possitions...

if anybody follows me hopefully luck will be on my side..

ill wait with a radio and hopefully make contact with the uprising and join the fight after the slaughter...

i see you've thought this out well....past experiences perhaps?

j/k, i dont think ur a convict

seriously now...*dodges items thrown while in bullettime*

it would be absolutely bewildering if this occurred...
europe would eat it's hat, so would russia..

.PM you're absolutely right he is in denial(bush), big time!!

i see a rebellion in the U.S as an opportunity maybe? a new world order to take place(this is all theoretical...im no coward, but im not stupid to even attempt it)
( you find a stupid leader...bush!! he's already taken tho

you look harder, you find some1 who has never been a member of parliament b4.....bush

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i just dont think..

the blade runner - vs - m1 tank

will be good odds.

but then again rambo took on a hind with a bow and arrow so who knows...

top topics

join