It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda 101

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
What follows is not meant to imply anything. It does not outline my personal beliefs. It is merely an attempt to show something. The following are all matters of documented fact.

The US supplied intelligence support, moral support, bilogical tissue cultures and possibly weapons to Saddam Husseins Iraq.

Donald Rumsfeld appears on video being warmly greeted by Saddam Hussein.

The US supplied weapons to Iran.

Sections of the American community supported the IRA and funded them financially. The US government knew this but did not stop the funding until the Clinton Administration.

The US supplied weapons to Osama Bin Laden's Al-Quaeda, under their former name of the Muhajadeen in Afghanistan, in order to promote their fight against the Soviet Union.

George W. Bush has business ties to oil companies that also had ties to Osama Bin Laden.

The US supported the Taleban regime in Afghanistan in its struggle against Soviet forces.

From these statements - all of which are true and are written as blandly as possible some people may conclude that the US is grossly hypocritical, supports Dictatorships and funds terrorists, and that Rumsfeld and Bush are personally compromised.

Dot them about in a random article with emphasis on the points, maybe highlighting them in bold to make them stand out, or using italics, slightly larger letters than the background text, bold letters,or underlined words and you present a farly good subliminal message to the brain of the reader who, if uninformed on the subject matter, is likely to take that message in and process it as being important and a matter of fact.

Repetition of, for instance, the US is grossly hypocritical, supports Dictatorships and funds terrorists, is very powerful, because if you read something like the US is grossly hypocritical, supports Dictatorships and funds terrorists often enough it may become established fact in your mind without you realising it. Of course saying the US is grossly hypocritical, supports Dictatorships and funds terrorists is not true

So while you are reading today, see what you can find. Subtle hints. Bland statements, playing with words. Its all out there and people need to be wary of it.
And thats before the visual stimulus, and subliminal messaging

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Another propaganda tactic:

Taking clips and statements or facts out of context and putting them in bold.

Various websites use the tactics you mentioned. You ever been to Alex Jones website? he does the same thing. Even though I agree with alot of stuff Alex Jones says, I am aware of the fact that he does use clips, blips, and bold things out of context and combines them with other things to create his own "truths".

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The US supplied intelligence support, moral support, bilogical tissue cultures and possibly weapons to Saddam Husseins Iraq.
When they were allies against Iran.

Donald Rumsfeld appears on video being warmly greeted by Saddam Hussein.
When they were allies.

The US supplied weapons to Iran.
When they were allies and indirectly when Israƫl selled Iran for 500 millions US$ during the Iran-Iraq war.

Sections of the American community supported the IRA and funded them financially. The US government knew this but did not stop the funding until the Clinton Administration.
The US administration funded them themselves.

The US supplied weapons to Osama Bin Laden's Al-Quaeda, under their former name of the Muhajadeen in Afghanistan, in order to promote their fight against the Soviet Union.
And to accomplish mission all around the world when he was still affiliate with CIA.

George W. Bush has business ties to oil companies that also had ties to Osama Bin Laden.
Families in the ME are very big.

The US supported the Taleban regime in Afghanistan in its struggle against Soviet forces.
Of course, and then they blamed them when they didn't agree about the pipeline. They even went to White House about this pipeline in 97 I think.

They funded people when they could gain anything from them, even if it was illegal, killing civilians, supporting massacres, things like that.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Families in the ME are very big.

That's the most desperate excuse I've ever heard!

top topics

join