It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is running our country???????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Over the last few days amidst all the news of the "Foiled" terror plot who the hell is running our country.

Blair refuses to cut short his holiday despite over 100 requests from MPs and British newspapers using their front page to urge him back.

The Deputy PM has not been seen since all of this began and it would seem the Home Secratary John Reid has been left in charge of our country.

Why is Blair being so ignorant is there something he is trying to steer clear of that is imminent over the next few days????

Especially with Israel and Lebanon escalating further over this weekend and the fact that the whole country is in chaos over the presumed terror plot where is our main man.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Ever think maybe that was all to do with the timing of this latest terrorist plot?

Take the heat of TB over his stance and dwindling support for Bush, and by extension, Israel over the situation in the ME.

It was reported that TB knew of this plot in advance, so given the disruption and scale you'd think he might stay to run the show. Or maybe it does not warrant his presence and is all a scam after all?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Im starting to think the same. Surely a leader would be back in a flash to reassure his country and public. I believe from the BBC today that over 100 MPs have wriiten a request for him to return for him to ignore the requests. Even the press are finding it odd that he has not returned.

Obviously a reason behind it but i definitely think he is staying away for a purpose. Whatever that purpose is i dont know but it does seem a bit of a strange coincidence giving the happenings of the last few days

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The Queen

nah, i have a theory that John Reid is really in control.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I thought it was weird him and Bush went on vacation at the same time. Then again Bush is ALWAYS out of the white house usually on a vacation when something big comes down. Everytime he goes away i know something is gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I have a theory that these terrorists attacks are all controlled and set to go off whenever the public starts thinking for themselves

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by babette
I have a theory that these terrorists attacks are all controlled and set to go off whenever the public starts thinking for themselves

so all the terrorist over the 200 years on the United Kingdom have all been a conspiracy then?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Jayzuss wept, who cares what the politically motivated press here have to say?
As if they are the arbiters of sense and reason.

TB delayed his holiday.

If he had not gone at all it would have been shouted long and loud that he didn't trust any of his cabinet and that his 'control freakery' was in full swing.

I he prefer he do what he is doing (he is away bit in daily if not hourly contact with those responsible for the various proceedures here in the UK).

I quite like it that our leadership get a break of some sort.
I like it that they give at least some time to their families and life something at least approaching real life for a week or two (and he is no GWB when it comes to vaccations).

Better that than a stressed out person quietly suffering the damagae or destruction of his family through complete lack of attention on top of everything else.

I like it that they have families.
I like it that they take a break.
I don't think they need to be here 24/7 365.

By that kind of reasoning they should only ever be single men and never leave their desk.
I know certain large corporations take that view (and have a pecking order based on family ties when considering advancement) but I'm glad our country is not led by such people.

IMO we need more reality in our elected government representitives, not less
(and holidays and family life are a little part of that).

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
TextNO ONE

thats who, no one section of our government knows what the othe is doing. The y can guess but thats about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Jayzuss wept, who cares what the politically motivated press here have to say?
As if they are the arbiters of sense and reason.

TB delayed his holiday.

If he had not gone at all it would have been shouted long and loud that he didn't trust any of his cabinet and that his 'control freakery' was in full swing.

I he prefer he do what he is doing (he is away bit in daily if not hourly contact with those responsible for the various proceedures here in the UK).

I quite like it that our leadership get a break of some sort.
I like it that they give at least some time to their families and life something at least approaching real life for a week or two (and he is no GWB when it comes to vaccations).

Better that than a stressed out person quietly suffering the damagae or destruction of his family through complete lack of attention on top of everything else.

I like it that they have families.
I like it that they take a break.
I don't think they need to be here 24/7 365.

By that kind of reasoning they should only ever be single men and never leave their desk.
I know certain large corporations take that view (and have a pecking order based on family ties when considering advancement) but I'm glad our country is not led by such people.

IMO we need more reality in our elected government representitives, not less
(and holidays and family life are a little part of that).

Well yes of course he is a family man but he has a duty to his country at the same time. Him and his wife both new those responsibilities when he ran for the position of PM.

When i was in the forces if i was on leave at home and was called back and refused i would be punished ie Military Jail or a fine or even worse done for desertion. Why? Because i had a duty to my country and swore an oath of allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen. Blair should take his bermuda shorts off and get home.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
david icke is running your country

it would explain why he's come up with so many illuminati theories

top topics

join