It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush conspire to overthrow the 2 term limit?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The only way W. Bush could continue running this country after 2008 is if he becomes a dictator. That would be easier than running another election. He couldn't win the next presidential election anyway. If he does, clinton should get in the mix.
But Dictator is a big possiblity. Say another terrorist attach occurs. Something on a larger scale than 9/11. What if a city were whipped clean off the maps? It would be easy for a president to continue his duties in office, except he would be a dictator. American people are scared of everything out there, the media keeps it up, so if something were to happen, no one would object moving the presidential elections further back and further back until things are under control. It would continue until a dictator is formed.
Fortunately, I fill pretty good about the 2008 elections. I think elections will go forward and "Bush & friends" will have walked away with billions in tax payer dollars for protecting america.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BartIVFortunately, I fill pretty good about the 2008 elections. I think elections will go forward and "Bush & friends" will have walked away with billions in tax payer dollars for protecting america.

Believe me I wish I shared your optimism! I don't think this administration cares about money; they have plenty. I also don't feel it's about Political Power either.

These guys, I think have a higher calling in some mystical sence that I can't understand. I know this sounds wacky, but I think, they think, they have a connection with Ancient Egyptian Gods and they are carrying out global destiny without any regard for anyone or anything other than their devotion to who knows what.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's probable that he'll stay in office by saying something like that:

``We are at war with terrorists. It's an extraordinary situation and we need extraordinaries means. We must protect our country from the terrorists, and I'm the best to suit this responsability. Heil Bush!
``

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It's probable that he'll stay in office by saying something like that:

``We are at war with terrorists. It's an extraordinary situation and we need extraordinaries means. We must protect our country from the terrorists, and I'm the best to suit this responsability. Heil Bush!
``

Even if Bush bypass the 2008 election, he will only be able to stay in office until January 20, 2011 unless he dismantles the U.S. Constitution.

Now, about term limits... If it was me, I would modify the Constitution to allow a President to stay in office two more years after his/her two term maximum via Cabinet approval from ALL members and/or a majority vote from Congress. As of now a President CAN be President for 10 years, but only if he became President via the 25th two years into the term.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

YES.

As it is now, people will plea with him to STAY on.....to save us from the terrible evil....that's when i pack.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Come on people!!! Listen to yourselves ...... It is Hilarious at best and saddening at worst.

Why would President Bush want to keep running a country full of the same type of people that he is President of now????

I fear that you will all get your wish and another weakwilled, insignificant bureaucrat will assume the office and make all of you happy campers. Then we will get attacked again, Unemployment will go through the roof and Inflation will be rampant. Then we can all sit around and talk about how wonderful things are again. SHEEESH

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
Clinton did such things and more.

He's not comming back.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
power. money. status. a defined role after the two term limits breached. purpose..... the list goes on.

I don't think Bush is at the helm at all. i think its a repeat of the regan days. But this time its a bush in the hot seat and cheney ruling the roost.

If any thing happens to bush though, cheney will be president... and i can see him being a whole lot worse than bush could ever be - for with cheney its bare naked greed all the way, and to hell with all those he tramples on to achieve it.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I hope he does because he is a good President and it would be nice if he was the ONE leader of the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
I hope he does because he is a good President and it would be nice if he was the ONE leader of the world.

Back up your claim that he is a good president. I'm serious, list your reasons for thinking so. This will be interesting...

AAC

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

www.faulkingtruth.com...

To find the origin of Presidential term limits, we have to look no further than our first American President, George Washington, who declined a third chance at office, deferring to the belief that our democracy must have an orderly transition of power, to set the Constitution in stone. From that time forward, even with our Constitution lacking such prohibition, all of our Presidents had adhered to Washington's two-term limit precedent...at least until the phenomena of FDR came along. But Roosevelt was not to finish this fourth term, dying less than one hundred days after the inauguration and leaving his office to Vice President Harry Truman. In 1947, the Congress passed the 22nd Amendment, cementing the two-term limit into law but excluded Truman from the confines of these limitations. He was reelected for a second term in 1948 and could have run for a third, had he so desired, but opted out early on, before serious campaigning began. The Amendment was ratified by the states in 1951. www.usconstitution.net...

This is a must read because Bush maybe able to run again for a third term.
On January 5th of this year, Congress quietly passed legislation, allowing for only a handful of the elected legislators to be able to create or change laws in time of natural disaster, contagion, attack by another nation and.......oh yes, that would include TERRORIST ATTACK! This new law, tagged the "Doomsday Legislation", contradicts the Constitution, which specifically states: “a majority of each Chamber shall constitute a quorum to do business.”
Is this new bill truly for the preservation of our government, in times of great disaster...or is it just another dirty trick by the Republicans to keep Bush and his ideals in control of our government permanently? The fact that these people are writing this unconstitutional legislation, actually handing themselves the power to do away with the Constitution altogether, goes against the very soul of the Democracy and places us in the position of realizing a one party dictatorship.

Whats more, recently a bill was introduced in the House of Representatives by New York Democrat Representative Jose Serrano to remove the two-term restriction on the Presidency by rescinding the 22nd Amendment. Know I found this on rense but really could never follow it up with facts, however that amendment is there.

It would take, of course, 3 or 4 years to get it past enough states to become effective, so the timing is just right to allow Bush to assume a third term, in 2008.

Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) introduced a bill to repeal the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution (which limits presidents to two terms) on Feb. 17, 2005. Cosponsors of the resolution are Rep. Howard Berman (D-CA), Rep. F. James Sensebrenner (R-WI), Rep. Martin Sabo (D-MN) and Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ).

1www.blogesque.com... CONGRESS
1st Session
H. J. RES. 24

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
February 17, 2005

Mr. HOYER (for himself, Mr. BERMAN, Mr. SENSENBRENNER, Mr. SABO, and Mr. PALLONE) introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.

The effect of bring this amendment forth and hiding from the public eye during these times is not more then another blow against america.

[edit on 15/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
In unbelieve circumstances, that require the president to remain for extremely drastic circumstances is reasonable. Those circumstances have to be carefully examined as to HOW they came to be.
Being Theres already sooo much suspicion around this governmnet, I doubt they'd even RISK more mistakes from this administration.

secondly,

All the other presidents whom turned it down were turning down opportunities to RUN for president again, I think in this case people are expecting him to out right CLAIM the presidency..
which effectivley becomes a dictatorship.

The only way bush will remain in office, is if he makes it that way.
Because the people, and the powerful people wouldnt elect him in under ANY circumstances.

We'd be better off with a monkey at the realms during a nuclear war, than this bumbling fool.
Atleast the monkey, can talk in his own tounge.

While I dont think bush will try, or attempt to regain contol, its the member in his midst that im more worried about.

All this work the bush family has achieved, they wont simply give up, and move on because they didnt finish it.

I think it is incorrect to class the president as the leader of the US, theres a few select people, wether in the party, or outside the party that directly control and influence the nessecary people.
Bush Snr, Chenney and Rummsfield are definately in this group.
But who else outside of the publics eye, is going to emerge for the election?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It's amazing how these myths get established.

One mentioned here is that Gulf War mk1 was mostly a "precision guided weapon" 'smart bomb' war.
It wasn't.

'Smart weapons' did create a new illusion of war (the nice, new, clean, righteous, non-indescriminant 'surgical war'.....only killing and maiming bad guys).

But "smart weapons" -- the military calls them precision-guided munitions (PGMs) -- weren't widely used in 1991.
Only 244 laser-guided bombs and 88 cruise missiles hit Iraq, out of a total of some 250,000 bombs dropped during the war.

www.cnn.com...

As for term limits?
I bet every President half way through the 2nd term begins to wonder if......?

But I doubt any of them would ever seriously look into it or do anything about it - they have other people for doing any of that.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
thomas.loc.gov...:hj24:
109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 24

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

February 17, 2005
Mr. HOYER (for himself, Mr. BERMAN, Mr. SENSENBRENNER, Mr. SABO, and Mr. PALLONE) introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOINT RESOLUTION

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

`Article --

`The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is repealed.'.

If this article is right then the 22 amendment has been repealed by the senate and the house of representatives of the US. Just what this means is up to choice as for myself I tend to think tht if Bush tnds to run for a third term he is with in the Law now to do so.

The act of producing the Constitution of the US was a great experiment as to whether man can rule himself. There is no law that elected officials of this country my not change the Constitution as time go by or circumstances dictate for changes are needed!

H.J.RES.24
Title: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.
Sponsor: Rep Hoyer, Steny H. [MD-5] (introduced 2/17/2005) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 4/4/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUMMARY AS OF:
2/17/2005--Introduced.

Constitutional Amendment - Repeals the Twenty-Second Amendment to the Constitution (authorizing limitation of presidential terms).

THE 22 AMENDMENT HAS BEEN REPEALED AND IS NO MORE GENTLEMEN AND LADIES!

I hope to see some input too this if I am wrong if so more knowledge helps!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Cheney/Rove in '08? It'd be worth it just to watch the left whig out, and lose all semblence of control

Seriously though. The 22nd amendment prohibits this from happening. Mr. Bush will step down, retire to Crawford (not a day too soon, but that's another thread) to write his memoirs, and choke on a pretzel or two.

Even if some movement is, or was, afoot to repeal the 22nd amendment, doesn't it require the approval of 2/3 of the states to repeal? I think so. Not enough time.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I remember some republicans talking about Laura Bush running for President against a possible Hillary Clinton candidacy.

I was thinking ,"What a hoot!"

Hillary would eat her alive.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It would'nt surprise me at all if G. Bush tried something to get another 4 years in office. That is, if he wanted it.
I hope he's tired of it by now though.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think the current into Cuba going south is easier to ride on an inner tube than it is comming in.

Wish me luck.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

YES.

As it is now, people will plea with him to STAY on.....to save us from the terrible evil....that's when i pack.

And to that brilliant statement, I say why wait? Pack and leave now. You can avoid the long lines at the border checkpoints and perhaps avoid being put in one of those secret concentration camps. You know, the ones they're making out of old military bases.

Me, I'm investing in cattle car futures in the commodities markets.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Centuriun,

You heartless soul,.......

I dont go anywhere i dont want to go. I'm checking out islands in the Pacific far far away from you as possible.
I will invite everyone here at ATS to come except YOU.

Unless you're nice to me, of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join