It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Lags World in Grasp of Genetics and Acceptance of Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Very interesting article. It certainly doesn't surprise me though, I believe we tend to be a bit of an arrogant nation that refuses to accept change when it comes to certain beliefs. I don't consider that to be a good thing in this case. Check out the relating article here

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Good thread topic!

It shows just how very similar Christian Fundementalists and Islamic fundies are, despite the fact many christians seem to think they are different.

I do find this a bit embarrassing. To be ranked with Turkey, a country not exactly known for human rights and scientific advancement?

Thats what we get when we do not keep religon and government seperate.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am curious to see what the response will be from the conservative Christian base in regards to this post. Hopefully it will allow people to question why they believe what they believe. Growing up in a very conservative Christian area (the Midwest) we were taught that questioning your faith was just the Devil trying to steal your soul from GOD. Hopefully America will see, it is that type of thinking that perpetuates ignorance. What if we still contended that the world was flat? I have never been in outer space to see for myself, so I have to make a judgment based on the evidence presented. I believe the same applies here.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
don't we also lack in all other fields of science...

though i'm sure we are far worse off in the biological sciences than the rest of the world, but we're falling behind in science

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Another example of why religion has to keep away from politics.

Just because the US is holding the advancement of research and on sciences other countries will keep on going and they will keep ahead of us.

Sometimes I feel that many people are very much ignorant of how important biological sciences are.

new topics

top topics

join