It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the terrorists have won

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
don't you think by the goverment taking away all our minor liberties in the light of a thwarted terrorist attack that the terrorists have essentially won? they are inflicting 'terror' on people, yes, but for our government to just be all chicken and say no, you can't have phones, ipods, laptops, drinks, etc etc on a plane...the terrorists have basically won. we are scared and we are going to sacrafice everybodies basic freedoms because of it. . .

what do you think? i'd rather take my chances. when your time is up, it's up, you know? better to be brave and be able to do what you want instead of living in fear.
luckily i don't fly that much, but i feel sorry for the business people that need to use their laptops/pda's regularly on flights to get stuff done...

just my .01 cent.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
[edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire previous post]

You my friend are a * snip *! I will not take that statement back. THe terrorists have won! Jihad Jihad! BS, If the terrorists had won about 3000 people would be dead right now, millions of dollars in equipment would be destroyed, and the 3,000+ people would have been a fraction of the people who may have comitted suicide due to the power of fear struck into there souls and the emotional scars implemented by friends and family dieing. The terrorists were caught therefore they lose, I feel more comfortable knowing that the authorities have captured them obviously that means we have a step up on them which actually makes me feel safer. Thanks.

Quoting – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
the govt isn't scared..it is what they want..problem reaction solution..problem-terrorist..reaction-fear/do something to protect us..solution..introduce anti terror laws along with sacrificing freedom for security..again and again and again

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth
You my friend are a * snip *! I will not take that statement back.

ignorance has one, it seems...

[edited quoted content]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You my friend are a * snip *! I will not take that statement back. THe terrorists have won! Jihad Jihad! BS, If the terrorists had won about 3000 people would be dead right now, millions of dollars in equipment would be destroyed, and the 3,000+ people would have been a fraction of the people who may have comitted suicide due to the power of fear struck into there souls and the emotional scars implemented by friends and family dieing. The terrorists were caught therefore they lose, I feel more comfortable knowing that the authorities have captured them obviously that means we have a step up on them which actually makes me feel safer. Thanks.

thank you for calling me an idiot. very mature of you. ok yes, nobody died. who cares. they still won. you are able to do less things you were before. that is what terrorism is. to inflict terror on people. we are afraid...so the govt not letting the public do what they could before because we are scared. YOU ARE LOSING YOUR RIGHTS.

and oh yea, they still cost a few million dollars to the travel industry by stopping multiple flights...so there you go.

[edited quoted content]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

You my friend are a * snip *! I will not take that statement back.

ignorance has one, it seems...

THANK YOU!

[edit on 12-8-2006 by psilogod]

[edited quoted content]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
...one man's terrorist is other man's freedom fighter....
Who is realy terrorist for you?!
Man 6000 miles from you blowing things away or man close to you taking away your freedom?!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't believe the terrorists won. I believe they failed. They got caught with their pants down. As far as losing our rights or conveniences of taking certain items on board a plane, I wouldn't be surprised if there are less restrictions in the future. I'm not sure how a terrorist could blow up a plane with just a laptop. Airports may start selling bottled water past certain checkpoints or maybe other drinks past the checkpoints and allow this on board a plane in the future.

What I thought was surprising about this whole incident was that I heard today that terrorists already tried doing something similiar to this (bringing chemicals on board a plane) in the Pacific traveling to destinations in California many years ago. I suppose the authorities didn't act until they found some people trying it again. It would be nice if there weren't a bunch of suicidal idiots on the loose.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Who's winning the war on terrorism? Well for one thing it's a war that cannot be won in the first place, or at least not in our generation. All we can do is take measures to stop the attacks before they can materialize.

i'd rather take my chances. when your time is up, it's up, you know?

So you'd rather the western world keep minimum security on airplanes just like pre 9/11? THEN the terrorists would win, because they'd be doing the same attacks over and over again. When they commit a terrorist act, or are caught conspiring to commit one, we learn from those acts and try to find ways to stop them from happening again. Sometimes that might mean waiting an extra hour at the airport, and not being able to bring your lipbalm.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
No, since I find it hard to believe any terrorist cares at all whether I can take my iPod on a plane or not. We might be losing, but they're not winning based on minor erosions in our convenience.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by b_selig]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whiskey
Who's winning the war on terrorism? Well for one thing it's a war that cannot be won in the first place, or at least not in our generation. All we can do is take measures to stop the attacks before they can materialize.

i'd rather take my chances. when your time is up, it's up, you know?

So you'd rather the western world keep minimum security on airplanes just like pre 9/11? THEN the terrorists would win, because they'd be doing the same attacks over and over again. When they commit a terrorist act, or are caught conspiring to commit one, we learn from those acts and try to find ways to stop them from happening again. Sometimes that might mean waiting an extra hour at the airport, and not being able to bring your lipbalm.

yes exactly. i will throw down againts anybody that has boxcutters and i'd hope any american would do the same if some event should occur again. who knows, mabe the detenators would not have even worked at all.. we don't know that for a fact...i'm glad they stopped the attack, but come on...not cell phones or no ipods for god sakes...ipods are the only thing that get me through a 3+ hour flight...or a laptop for that matter....

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hmmm Lets see its been How many years since 9/11 and alqeda still exists and is able to plan and execute terrorist operations worldwide. We are still fighting for control of Iraq and Afganistan. I won't come out and say they are winning the war on terror, but I will say we don't seem to be winning it.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The REAL terrorists are LOSING, those terrorists wear neat suits and reside in places like Washington, London, Brussels, Bern, and Jerusalem. They are the globalists, the owners of all the terrorist organizations, and all the governments. They are using terror to scare the population into submission of their rights, and want to keep a society of fear, so that everybody is on edge and begging the government to protect them.

The government moles in the media do such fine jobs programming the minds of the people to go along with agendas, and to cowar down in fear of some islamic "extremists" thousands of miles away, while at home your government continues to increase in its level of corruption, and complete disregard for public safety and security.

The borders are wide open, the dollar is dropping fast in its value, the economy is taking huge hits with major layoffs at major corporations, oil prices at an all time high, all kinds of scandals of major government officials happening all over the place; while on the other hand the government goes and says what a great job theyre doing, and how great they are, and how they are taking care of us, and then go and give themselves multiple raises, and pass anti-terror legislation that take away civil liberties, and they create these fake terror scares to rachet up the fear, and they go and have homosexual relations at Bohemian Grove in Northern California, they go and send more american children to the war to be killed so they can make extra profit selling arms and war materials and machinery, then they go and tell us how we are TERRORISTS if we disagree with all their evil policies.....ARE YOU SICK OF THIS # YET!? ARE YOU TIRED OF YOUR GOVERNMENT WALKING ALL OVER YOU AND TREATING YOU LIKE SCUM!? Cuz I can give you 100 more examples of how your government is trying to dumb you down and control you.

Good news is, I personally monitor the news and world events every day, and I see a great change that is coming. The news now is starting to tell more of the truth about government policies and more and more truths keeping coming out. They are cowering in fear over the awakening of the people, and are desperately trying to maintain control by creating these phony terror scares to keep the people in fear and begging to be regulated. Makes me sick, but thats whats happening. Facts are facts. If you cant see that, your blind man, your blind...

Theyre time is up. They cant possibly achieve their goals now. Its only a matter of time until the people rise up and take charge of their government. I can see it coming. I can feel it coming. The news seems to point in that direction. Government actions seem to point in that direction. Off world intelligences say thats whats happening. There is no reason to believe otherwise.

Knowledge is power. Go do some research all of you who doubt my claims. Its not my responsiblity to do your learning for you, and spoonfeed to you all the info you need to wake you up. You are mature human beings, you can go out and research it yourself, much like I have. First learn ALL the info out there, than discern what is truth for yourself. You will find, inevitably, that it always points in the same direction....corrupt Elites who are obsessed with controlling their population.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
when in a war, such as the War On Terror, it IS a war of ideology. And, in a war of ideology the moment you compromise your ideals, you have already lost the war

that is precisely what we have done in this case. We have helped the terrorists goals more than Al quaida could ever have mustered. Just like NORAD standing down on 911; the implimentation of such traitorous Acts such as the PATRIOT ACT are not of Osama's doing but our own.

We say we must not let our lives be changed by the threat of the terrorists; but then the politricksters go ahead and change everything. They tell us how great the forfathers were but conveniently forget about ole Ben Franklins quote(see my sig).
They tell us that the Terrorists wish to destroy our way of life and they come out with massive snooping on all our electronic communications. they tell us how important the Constitution is .. and the POTUS makes over 150 COnstitutional challenges in an unprecidetned 800+ signing statements(which are basically operating procedures for the exectutive branch. They tell us this and they do that... over and over and over again.... yeah I am as sick of it as anyone else.

and thats about it for my $.02
thanks for your time,
TONE23.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, here's my view.

The folk who fight terror have lost, not because they have let those dafties run free and blow stuff up, but it's because they can't win. If ya get me.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I lied I take it back... The fact still remains. Ok in the sport of soccer the goals is to score goals, whoever makes the most goals wins correct? Well in this terrorists attack the goal was to destroy 10 planes and kill over 3,000 people. This terrorists attack failed. YOu say that it's supposed to striker fear in us Terrorism, but seeing Authorities catch them makes it obvious that we have one up on them therefore we are winning. We caught them, im more comfortable knowing that my country is watching out for us and making it safe.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I agree with the original poster. I remember when 9/11 happened, Bush told us to keep going to the malls and to live our daily lives the same as we had the day before. Because this would show the terrorists that what they did has not changed us. So much for that.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EddyX
I agree with the original poster. I remember when 9/11 happened, Bush told us to keep going to the malls and to live our daily lives the same as we had the day before. Because this would show the terrorists that what they did has not changed us. So much for that.

I still go to the mall, I still Fly, I still go to movies, I still go to hspitals, I still go to hotels, Terrorists ahve not changed my life, they have motivated me only to hate. To honestly say the terrorists have won is letting them when...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"Murdoch uncovered Prince Charles-Gordon Brown plot to oust Blair. Phony terror plan cooked up to derail political coup plans."

"After Blair met with Bush in Washington, he flew to California where on July 30 he attended Murdoch's News Corporation private corporate executive conference at the posh Inn at Spanish Bay golf resort in Pebble Beach. Blair met with Murdoch, Israeli former Prime Minister Shimon Peres, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Newt Gingrich, and various Fox, Star, and Sky News executives. The final touches were agreed to by Blair and Murdoch on how the fake terror plot would play out in Murdoch's media empire."

www.waynemadsenreport.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think that pretty much sums it all up for you right there

new topics

top topics

join