It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are MIB real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
alright, so what do you guys think about MIB, other than the movie? do you think they really exist? i for one, have a hard time swallowing something like this.

but let's assume there are UFOs, and aliens, in some or many forms. then i wouldn't be surprised one bit. our government monitors so many things and polices even when they shouldnt,so why they wouldnt be at least attempting to police aliens, well, that would be silly imo.

i wish there were some newer accounts around of this, rather than during the 'roswell' years, if you will. but as it stands, unless the government knows something most of us dont, why they would go around harassing UFOlogists and ufo sight seers, that just doesnt make any sense. if they really wanted to pass them off as crackpots, why would they harass those people?

hmm. if they are going around harassing people, there must be something to it. even if its not 'intelligent life' as opposed to 'alien life' or else they wouldnt be going around harassing people. right?

i know wiki is a pretty unreliable source, but then again, what isn't when you're talking about aliens and MIB? heh.

Maury Island Incident: The first MIB?

Arguably the first MIB report was made shortly after June 21, 1947. On that date, seaman Harold Dahl claimed to have seen six UFOs near Maury Island. Dahl, his son, two other men, and Dahl's dog were on the boat. Dahl took a number of photographs of the UFOs, and reported that one UFO shed some type of hot slag onto his boat. The slag, he said, struck and killed his dog and injured his son.

The next morning, Dahl reported a man arrived at his home and invited him to breakfast at a nearby diner. Dahl accepted the invitation. He described the man as imposing, over six feet tall and muscular, and wearing a black suit. The man drove a new 1947 Buick, and Dahl assumed he was a military or government representative.

While the two men ate, Dahl claimed the man told him details of the UFO sighting, though Dahl had not related his account publicly. Furthermore, the man gave Dahl a nonspecific warning—which Dahl took as a threat—that his family might be harmed if he related details of the sighting.

Some confusion and debate over Dahl's statements has occurred: Dahl would later claim the UFO sighting was a hoax, but he has also claimed the sighting was accurate but that he had claimed it was a hoax to avoid bringing harm to his family.

A 2nd Account

Historian Mike Dash writes that "One of the first visits from the Men in Black occurred in 1953, when Albert K. Bender, director of the International Flying Saucer Bureau, the largest early UFO organization, was visited by three dark-suited men who, he said, first confided the 'solution' of the UFO mystery to him, then threatened him with prison if he told the secret to anyone else. Bender was so scared by the visit that he closed down his bureau and ceased all his active involvement in the world of ufology." (Dash, 161)

i just scrolled down the wiki page, and if you continue reading there, there is some more recent sightings. i wont post them here, if you're interested, go to the links. what do you guys think? share if you have experiecnes.

[edit on 8/11/2006 by evanostrand]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Looking for a new account of MIBs? Watch these video interviews with Dan Burisch and Bill Hamilton. Both outline their experiences with MIBs in vivid detail. Very informative too. Also track down "the Voice files" at Darker Realms. All quite illuminating, helps you build the fuller picture on these things. You will indeed 'have a hard time' swallowing these interviews, but that's because the subject matter is so mindblowing, beyond our scope of regular reality, you have to hear what they have to say with an open and curious mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The idea of a secret government agency designed to keep the knowledge of ETs out of the public domain is highly plausable, in my opinion.

Just about to watch those vids RiotComing.

new topics

join