It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the worst place in the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
WHERE VER IT IS WE SHOULD GO THERE AND MAKE IT BETTER! ADANDON YOUR COMPFORTABLE LIVES AND GO TO THE HOT ZONE AND MAKE IT BETTER. WHAT PLACE RIGHT NOW HAS THE MOST WAR, HUNGER, DEASESE?

Mod edit-Try and not use all caps to post, )

[edit on 11-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This place has so much crap going on in so many of its countries, that no humanitarian aid effort could ever fix it all. And so so many people say, "why try?"

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yeah, or the Middle-East, i mean wouldn't it suck to live there?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
New Jersey is by far the worst, and i've been to some dumps. I've been here for a couple years now, and i'm still searching for the Gardens that this state is named for. Now as for Gangs, Drugs, Homeless and lots and lots of Garbage littering the streets. New Jersey is the place....I don't know, maybe some of you are into that sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

This place has so much crap going on in so many of its countries, that no humanitarian aid effort could ever fix it all. And so so many people say, "why try?"

I am one of them, you see so much action going on there. Various goverments tried to help the countrys of Africa. But it seems like it do not change the behaviour of the "clan-wars" of the african people. Just my opinion...

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Africa is one of the richest country in the world both in Natural Product and Natural Resources (Oil, gold, dimonds). Yet some how it remains one of the world poorest areas.

How you may ask? getting zulus drunk so they sign over dimond mines to Europeans might be something to do with it.....? Europeans were raping the natural Resources of Africa before the creations of the U.S. Its been going on for centuries and is still today.

Raping their economic situation in regards to trade might also help? All developed nations make more profits from Africans goods then Africans do. Aid is no where near as effective as fair trade prices.

Fact is, you NEED Africa to be poor for our countries to maintain there current state. Do you honestly think our govenments would allow Africa develop technologies of there own (mass produce), allowed to become an Economical power house? Our govenments are scared enough of India (some of the worlds poorest are also here, strange world we live) and China (and here). Imagine the power Africa would have!

Thats it from me, the subject is very very very deep and hundreds of years old.

As for the worse place to live.........Earth the way its going.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
Fact is, you NEED Africa to be poor for our countries to maintain there current state. Do you honestly think our govenments would allow Africa develop technologies of there own (mass produce), allowed to become an Economical power house? Our govenments are scared enough of India (some of the worlds poorest are also here, strange world we live) and China (and here). Imagine the power Africa would have!

Thats it from me, the subject is very very very deep and hundreds of years old.

As for the worse place to live.........Earth the way its going.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by 7th_Chakra]

Absolutely True! Good to see that someone put this in words. It's all a big, massive vicious circle. You have to be a part of a goverment to steer the "rich community" in a other direction.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
AFRICA??...pffffff.....

HAVE NONE OF YOU BEEN TO LIVERPOOL????

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
AFRICA??...pffffff.....

HAVE NONE OF YOU BEEN TO LIVERPOOL????

haha! I was going to say England in general!

What a dump! I gotta move!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Haiti. The strife there is unbelievable
I went to the Dominican Republic, which is the other half of the same Island.
I have never seen anything the likes of Haiti.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Africa, it should be one of the richest continents on the planet but its not, the continent is not so much a third world as more a not even mentioned place. I hpoe things will improve for the people of Africa because weve been looting it for years.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I would love to visit the ME and am making plans to do so! I would love to visit the great biblical sites in Iraq, also the Holy Land.
I would also love to visit SE Asia..

new topics

top topics

join