It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

member status q's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
whats the deal with member status? how many are there, how do you get them? i've seen a few, like moderator, writer, scholar, etc. what do they mean? i have a feeling they let you do special/specific stuff on ATS.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I used to jump in and help answer useful questions like this before I got lazy.

For all the member statuses I was not familiar with, I U2U'd William who provided a helpful response.

Writer posts on Collaborative Fiction forum.
Scholar posts on Research forum.
Fighter participates in Debate forum.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
deafence#,
Greetings and belated welcome.
I can answer some but not all........
Moderator is sort of self-explanitory...they are "mods" which "own" our collective butts while we are here and posting at ATS.

Seriously though.....they moderate the forum and make sure everything is going as needs to....or appropriately.
They enforce ATS guidelines and are quite helpful when asked....great folks.

"Scholar" is a status or recognition for being on a "research project". One must be asked/invited to join or start a research topic. This must go through the moderator known as "Toltec".

"Writer" and others...I have seen but have not determined how to get them but it must do with some writing 'project' or something to that degree.

I hope this helped....peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
thanks to both of you, i sorta figured that they had something to do with specific areas, just wasnt sure. i also tried looking it up on the FAQ's, but couldnt find anything there or on doing a search on the entire board. but now i know, and purhaps i'll try and become one of those in the future.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
deafence#,

yeah and don't let any of those 'titles' go to your head!

just kidding.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
deafence#,

yeah and don't let any of those 'titles' go to your head!

just kidding.

lol, i dont even know if i even want one. don't really care, that is... could be fun participating though.

new topics

top topics

join