It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the ultimate Concealed carry Gun?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have found that my Kel Tec P3at is by far the easiest gun to carry in my collection. It has lightest weight of any .380 auto (11.1 oz. fully loaded) and when with 6 + 1 Hydra Shocks it is proficient in close quarters confrontation IMHO.

www.kel-tec-cnc.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
PPK, Walther PPK (in 9mm).
cue the Bond theme here....

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lakewoodrealtor

I carry a Sig P229, You can get it in 9mm 357, or 40cal. It is the most comfortable, accurate, large cal. carry pistol. I previously had a p89 Ruger and it is a night and day difference. Make sure you get the sig night sights they are worth every penny.

[img]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by xyankee]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by xyankee]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Well I have been looking for a good CCW gun as well and I talked to my brother, who served overseas as a green beret, about it and he suggested the Kel Tec PF 9. He said that he has heard and read nothing but great reviews about it. The best part about it is that you can by this little clip that attaches to the side of the gun that can be used on pockets or just hooked into the waist line of the pants and is concealed on the inside of the pants. There has only been one complaint and it is that the recoil is pretty crazy but that is mainly because it is such a little gun with a good amount of force, but that's never bothered me. Also it is cheap and Kel Tec does free maintenance. If it wasn't that then I would go for the Ruger KP90.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I like the idea of the .410 pistol so I'm gonna go with The Judge Taurus Handgun. It chambers both .410 and .45. Hell if the shotgun don't stop em the .45 will. The only problem is the .410 will begin to spread at a short distance due to the rifled barrel and that could be bad news being around a crowd. Its not exactly compact but its no dirty harry either. Its geared to be more of a short range weapon but hell you don't see people sniping people with pistols nowadays. Most of the time its close quarters so why not go with a handshotgun?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crzyeyes89

I carry a .45 1911 Kimber Ultra CDP II with Crimson Trace laser sights, but I'm about to grab the Ruger LCP.

Look at the LCP.

That's going to be my backup.

Ruger really though this one out.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Seecamp .32 cal

So small even Daisy Duke could conceal that lil sumbitch'.

www.seecamp.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
For the Dainty:

www.hellinahandbasket.net...

For the balance:

upload.wikimedia.org...

For the power:

i130.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Man do I hate these threads!

You get people telling the poster a bunch of bunk! For starters, silencers are ILLEGAL anywhere in the USA unless you have approval from BATF. Only those with such approval are permitted to own a Title 2 weapon. To put that in perspective, ...
~snippage~

[edit on 18-11-2008 by kozmo]

That information is incorrect.

If it's allowed where you live, generally all you have to do is file the proper paperwork (form 4) and pay the $200 transfer tax to legally own a silencer.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by tjack]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

To the OP first...........8 pages, and all the boys bringing out their toys, not one flag???? So, star, and first flag for you. The perfect concealed weapon??? It's a loaded question, or each to their own. I personally carry a glock 21 with ***factory loaded*** Hydra shocks. I like the glock because it doesn't rust, or need care as long as it uses factory ammo. I have magazines which hold 18 rounds, and a laser under the barrel. Not my favorite weapon, but for me the ability to carry it without worries of failure are good.

Dooper??? Kimber?? I had a Kimber, and it was 'decent', but that was it. It was stainless steel, and the worst rusting weapon I've ever had. It felt like an expensive liability. I ended up changing out the barrel, hammer, trigger, and safety to chip Mccormick parts because the factory parts had all rusted.

I didn't expect it to rust so badly, and hadn't paid attention to it because of being stainless, breaking it down was a pain in the *ss..........imo a relying on a kimber is asking for failure; just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
~snip~
... carry a glock 21 with ***factory loaded*** Hydra shocks. ~snip~

I'm glad you said that, because it reminded me of something else crossing my mind as I read thru this thread.

DON'T use "roll your own" or hand loaded rounds in a self defense weapon, as some in this thread have suggested/bragged about. Gung-ho prosecutors have been known to use your choice of hand-loaded "killer" rounds against you in a self defense trial.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
For me it is the Sig P220 Carry DAK.

The P220® Carry is the latest step in the evolution of the P220 – the most accurate out-of-the-box .45 – and a perfect choice when it’s time to carry the ‘big caliber.’ This “commander” sized pistol features a full size frame with short slide and 3.9” barrel making it ideal for concealed carry. And like any P220 it performs above and beyond because the SIG SAUER® design allows for unparalleled performance regardless of bullet type or weight. This 8+1 capacity single stack pistol is available in the revolutionary DAK™ trigger with a smooth 7.5 lbs trigger pull and features a durable Nitron® finish, Picatinny rail, and either post and dot contrast or 3-dot SIGLITE® night sights.

Item Number 220R3-45-BSS-DAK
Caliber .45ACP
Action Type DAK®
Trigger Pull DA 7.5 in
Trigger Pull SA N/A
Overall Length 7.10 in
Overall Height 5.50 in
Overall Width 1.50 in
Barrel Length 3.90 in
Sight Radius 5.70 in
Weight w/ Mag 30.4 oz
Mag Capacity 8 Rounds
Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
Grips Black Polymer Factory Grips
Frame Finish Black Hard Anodized
Slide Finish Nitron®
Accessory Rail Yes
Features DAK Trigger, Accessory Rail
MSRP $853, $920 w/ Night Sights
CA Compliant No
MA Compliant No

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

A real life bear story (I was carrying):

Last week I was fishing in the Alaska wild in bear country. No one else around. I was fishing in one of those hot once a year salmon holes. What I didn't realize was that I was fishing right where a brown bear like to fish. I was taking his spot.

I had strapped on my 357 mag for the first time in a couple of years, don't know why, just did.

I looked down stream 20 feet and saw a small brown bear coming my way and acting aggressive. I no sooner had the thought to watch out for momma bear when she charged out of the woods, made a loud woof and stopped. I drew the 357 and was about to snap off a few rounds when she disappeared.

In retrospect having a gun was good, having it right handy was good, I just think a bigger caliber would have been nice as that bear was large and it was coming on fast. Since then I have done some target practice to see if I could hit anything and guess what, at first I was missing a lot. Occasional practice is also a good thing!

I have fished Alaska 35 years now and have seen bears many times while fishing. This is the first time I was charged by a bear. I have rarely carried a weapon and I own maybe 50 or so of all calibers.

BTW, I had a friend who was killed by a brownie. Not much left of him after.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Glocks will function flawlessly with factory rounds; they'll go into the 10 of thousands of rounds functioning without cleaning.

A Glock with reloads??? bad idea on multiple fronts. Many guns will handle 'whoopses' in regards to pressure......POW, WOW!!! that was a hot load, but in a glock they'll just blow up with a hot load. Many of the .40 calibers have done just that.

Yep, I think a prosecutor could make a case out of thin air. Their job is to make money for the state.

I trust my reloads, but I trust factory loads more often, Given a good brand, with precision machine manufacturing they'll go off everytime without hesitation. Also, I just don't recommend them in a glock due to lead being used in reloads often, and that increases barrel fowling which increases chamber pressure; which leads to the catastrophic chamber failures.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: my choices would vary amongst the following according to the job its required to fill.

Walther PPK AKA Bonds Weapon of Choice!
Note that it comes in various calibres!

Revolvers
I'd have anything between a .22 and a .38 due to to my physique and their reliability!

Super Shorty! Small Shotgun!
I dream about owning one of these!

Uzi's! The smaller ones like the micro and the pistol!
Classic firepower on tap! And once again they come in a range of calibres!

Personal Disclosure: As I was researching for info for this post I came across this webpage titled Surviving in Argentina: Reply: Weapon of Choice. [I was searching for secret service weapons of choice!] and some of what was said was quite interesting, but the bit I loved the most and I quote it here was "Subcompacts are intended as backup. If I were you I'd carry a standard or compact as a main carry gun, nothing smaller, plus a subcompact in the same caliber.
I know its more comfortable, but it's not a pair of panties, it's a gun for life and death situations. You want all the capacity, power (short barrel reduces fps) and accuracy you can get. ".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Sorry you had bad luck with your Kimber. I've bet my very life on weapons before, and I'm betting my life on this Kimber .45.

Rust?

I have weapons that are forty and fifty years old, not counting my black powder weapons that date back to the late 1800's and I've never, ever had a rust problem on any of them.

Not once. Not one weapon. Not the first time.

Of course, I take care of my weapons, and then they return the favor. Stainless doesn't mean rust-proof.

To say you don't have to clean or worry about your Glock? While a Glock is the last pistol in the world I'd carry, that's just a very bad approach. You can get away with that mentality for a while, but events will eventually catch up.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hey, I just threw out my opinion, and experiences. Kimber has changed ownership since they came out, and I got one of the lower quality ones I'm sure.

I carried it up north were climate was a big issue.

I carry the Glock in Guatemala/Honduras where climate is of issues as well. Never ever had a problem with the glock...

On the note of a 1911 style; Now when up north I've settled on my Colt 1911a1. It's an older one with low profile fixed sites, but I put a crimson trace laser grip on it, and it's great. I've never had the problems of rust with it; which the kimber had.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Thanks for the clarification as I was scratching my head over the Kimber.

Yeah! I live in Florida and while that's not the same as the places you have been, humidity here is a royal bitch.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I think the ultimate concealed gun is the Micro Desert Eagle. It is a minaturized Desert Eagle and is great for close quarters shooting.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 25-2-2011 by LightCraft because: old thread

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join