It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the ultimate Concealed carry Gun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here's a question. Is a .44 magnum hard to stick in your pocket? Could it accidently go off?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
An MP5k on a short sling under your coat. That will bring some serious firepower to the table.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There's more to concealed carry than just choosing the right weapon. The right to carry is very important, but that right is not guaranteed in every nation or even in every jurisdiction in the United States, where we have the Second Amendment to our Constitution. We have some savvy gun people on this forum and I would like to invite you all to join in the discussion of gun rights on the Social Issues forum:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

I do my best to encourage intelligent debate on this forum and I'm sure those who post here could add a lot of insight to this issue.

[edit on 2006/8/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I carry a Glock 35 which is a long slide auto load. I use a belt slide holster in a strong hand, when driving in a cross draw holster.

Roper

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Here's a question. Is a .44 magnum hard to stick in your pocket? Could it accidently go off?

This is a serious discussion about firearms carry and personal protection. Your previous post precludes any response to your question.

May your next post learn from your last.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I am unaware of any .44 magnum that can be effectively concealed in a pocket. A properly maintained .44 magnum is no more likely to discharge "accidentally" than any other revolver.

Some typical .44 magnum double action revolvers.

S&W

Tuarus USA

The Sturm, Ruger & Company site is not responding at the time of this post, but here's their link:

Ruger Firearms

[edit on 2006/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

This is a serious discussion about firearms carry and personal protection. Your previous post precludes any response to your question.

May your next post learn from your last.

Retseh

Thanks for patrolling this thread! It is nice to see some people actually care about the integrity of this thread.

I would like to thank everyone so far for his or her input; I greatly appreciate everyone’s thoughts. Everyone that has actual daily experience in concealed carry I would like to hear from.

Here are my thoughts, I am 5 11 and weigh around 185. Always wear a sport coat or suit coat. I have been shooting since I was 4yrs old, had extended experience with the following types of weapons. .22 pistols and rifles, 300 win mags, 308's, schutsen target rifles, very large caliber double rifles such as 400 nitro express Holland and Holland, Holland and Holland paradox, .50 cal bolt Barrett, Mac 10, m16, ar's, a number of different AUG's a number of .44 pistols allot of .40 pistols. I have never carried a gun before so this is something new to me. I am fully confident of my abilities just concerned about comfort, concealing it and the logistics.

Thanks to the ATS community

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The more I look at this piece, the more convinced I am that it could be used as a concealed carry weapon, for those so inclined. Not in a pocket maybe, but a fanny pack, for sure.

www.taurususa.com...#

Actually, I didn't know that this revolver was in the Ruger inventory. It's twice as heavy as the Taurus, but with a 2.5 inch barrel, the more hardy among us might feel comfortable with this concealed on his person.

www.ruger.com...

Also, available in .454 Casull/.45 Colt and .480 Ruger.

It wouldn't be for me, mind you, but for the Schwarzenegger types, maybe.

[edit on 2006/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here is something it doesnt have much to do with my thread but i think those in the know will appreciate it. This is a load sheet from a Holland and Holland i picked up a few weeks ago.

H & H 450 3 ¼” BLACK POWDER EXPRESS

LOADS FOR HOLLAND AND HOLLAND DR. 450 3 ¼ BPE SN# 7890 WORKS # 35759 CASER: H. HANBLING 1883.

Loads: Original bullet weights: 270 gr. 310 Gr. 325 Gr. 365 Gr.

Powder: 4 drams black.

120 Grains Black powder – pressure 11 tons.

270 Gr. bullet, lead copper tubed Muzzle Velocity 1,975 fps. Muzzle Energy: 2,340

310 Gr. bullet, lead solid – Muzzle Velocity: 1,800 fps. Muzzle Energy: 2,240

325 Gr. bullet, lead, copper tubed. Muzzle Velocity: 1,775 fps. Muzzle Energy: 2,280 Ft.Lb.

365 Gr. bullet, lead solid – Muzzle Velocity: 1,700 fps. Muzzle Energy: 2,340 ft. lbs.

Conversion loads: Heavier bullets: 48 to 50 grains 4198 plus 15 grains of Dacron over wad.

Lighter bullets 270 Gr and 310 Gr. 50 to 54 Gr. of IMR 4198 plus 15 Gr. Dacron.

Conversion rate: 40 to 45% of original black powder load using IMR 4198. 45% for light bullets and

40% for the heavier bullets.

Primer : Fed #215

There are two rim thickness for the 4503 ¼” : 1. thin rim for the Black Powder Express and 2. thick rim for the 3 ¼” Nitro. Nitro brass is also thicker then Black Powder Express brass and will not chamber without swaging.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry about getting off track but... I just had to show you the kind of stuff i enjoy.. I hope every one likes it. It really packs a puch
I just collect this stuff

Now back to the real reason for this thread.

E--

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Are everyone in the stats are THAT loaded with guns?
makes a civil war in the US a scary thought

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm under the impression that Israelis are a pretty well-armed group, even compared to the US.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
lakewood:

Have you ever checked out the IDPA or IPSC? I'd bet that there is a chapter of one or the other near you.

If you're going to start packing, and you're serious about it, it's a world of fun and pretty decent training. A great addition to range time. Not knowing where you are in Texas, I don't know what might be around, but both sites have a "what's near me" lookup.

One of my friends once said, if you ran a mile or two, did a couple of poppers and had your IRS agent chase you into the course with a summons, an IDPA course could be almost like the real thing.

- edit -

Here are a couple of links, in the US the IPSC is called the USPSA

www.uspsa.org...
www.idpa.com...

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer
Are everyone in the stats are THAT loaded with guns?
makes a civil war in the US a scary thought

there are so many guns here (in the US) it would make your head swim. i have seen people with more firepower than anyone should ever have and it was all legal. let alone the fact anyone can get a gun on the streets that wants one.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What do concealed and carry mean? Like Roper, I had a glock 35 but I wouldn't call it conceal or carry. Still, I guess any gun can be held in a fanny pack. But for real usefulness I'll take a model 27 sub-compact .40 for concealment. Glocks rule.

Anybody ever seen a "Downsizer"? I've never shot one but I read a review that said it was pretty accurate. Comes in .45 .357 and .38. Only one shot but could be useful in close quarters.

[For some reason the member upload page is not working for me, but you can see a downsizer at the link above.]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420 i have seen people with more firepower than anyone should ever have and it was all legal. let alone the fact anyone can get a gun on the streets that wants one.

Firstly, who says what level of firepower someone should have, secondly, anyone can get a gun ILLEGALY who wants one, but not legally.

Since only the law abiding obey the law, when you pass gun laws you disarm only the law abiding, felons always have guns. The UK found that out the hard way as they now have runaway levels of gun crime and yet centerfire handguns are now banned - go figure huh.

The country with the highest level of firearms ownership is Switzerland, and they also have one of the lowest levels of gun crime - counter intuitive isn't it? - no it isn't.

Lakesiderealtor - love your H&H info - classy posts.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The ultimate Concealed carry gun?

Is this it?

Oops, forgot you said it had to be easily available on the open market. Sorry.

[edit on 8/13/06 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is my idea of an 'ultimate concealed carry gun'. Might as well make a sleeve gun, the question is kinda erronious.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact .45. Great handgun. Reliable, safe, and it makes enough noise when fired to send any perp running.

Bersa

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Grady im a big fan of taurus myself. Although i have a gp 161 and an anaconda, my taurus 454 casull is my favorite. I own 2 taurus autos also but my preference for conceal and carry is this one.

357 hammerless

Im a big fan of revolvers as u can see. No jams, no stovepipes, reliable to the last shot.

Any caliber can kill folks. its all a personal preference. If you find you have to make the decision to take a human life, and i sincerly hope you never do, please be proficient in your guns. Visit the range often and know them well. Shoot them in different situations also, ie... off hand, laying down front and back. A perfect, prominent hand shot may not always be available to you. If you want to conceal and carry, do it legally. Take the classes, get your CCW and be a responsible shooter.

Just my 2 cents in the matter.

PS, that model 444 ultralite is a sweet gun, i hadnt seen that one. thanx for posting that link Grady. Dammit its not on the California approved handgun list...argh typical. the 686 was there one week, gone the next when i went to purchase it. I hate Cali's laws.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join