It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by thematrix
The UK PR show that started yesterday has also taken the focus of of Lebanon.
Lebanon had objected to the absence in the previous version of an explicit call for the withdrawal of Israeli troops and the powers of a new UN force to be deployed in the south of the country.
In contrast, the US and Israel favoured a withdrawal only after the deployment of a robust international force.
As the diplomats finalised the draft, Israel radio was saying that troops had been ordered to seize ground as far as the strategic Litani River.
Israeli officials said they were still gearing up for an expansion of the army's ground offensive in Lebanon, although it could be halted at any time if a resolution was passed.
There was no let-up in violence. Israeli attacks killed at least 22 people in Lebanon on Friday, including three killed when a drone fired rockets at a convoy of cars fleeing the south. An Israeli soldier was reported killed in fighting and Hizbollah rockets wounded seven people in northern Israel.
Originally posted by Jewish_hammer
What I keep hearing?
are thes ROCKETS ?
yep,still a rain of rockets....
I hope that the leatest Events just showed you how "peacefull and political " is the Extream Islam...
IAF drone strikes refugee convoy; 7 reported dead, 36 wounded
By News agencies
An Israel Air Force drone fired missiles Friday night into a convoy of refugees fleeing attacks in the southern town of Marjayoun, killing at least seven people and wounding 36 others, an Associated Press photographer traveling with the convoy said.
The Israeli army confirmed it carried out an air strike on the convoy, saying it had acted on the mistaken suspicion Hezbollah guerrillas were smuggling weapons in the vehicles.
"The attack was carried out based on a suspicion. It was found to be incorrect," an Israel Defense Forces spokeswoman said. The IDF said
it had not granted permission for the convoy.
Originally posted by thematrix
I saw a bit on the news today that made me chuckle.
Remember how Israel is saying its telling civilians to leave the area's before they attack?
You know what they also told civilians?(and an earlyer post here showed that they actualy do just blow cars of the road for being there)
That the civilians can't use cars or any other form of motorized transportation or they'll be subject to bombing.
How the heck can these people leave the area when Israel doesn't just fire on their vehicules if they use any, but also took out bridges, roads and all other important transportation methods?
Originally posted by xmotex
They've been hitting any moving vehicle, including cars, trucks, ambulances, and even motorcycles. If I have to go hunt for pictures, I will. It's a free-fire zone, and civilians seem make up the bulk of the targets.
They seem to like the ambulances particularly, using the red cross on top as a handy aimpoint. This has been documented repeatedly.
Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
1. Yes it's basically over, that's why no news
Israeli forces battled Hizbollah guerrillas in a push deeper into Lebanon on Saturday and up to 17 Israeli soldiers were reported killed, as both sides said they would obey a U.N. resolution on a truce