It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baseball field at area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

On google earth i searched area 51 came to this base and was surprized to see a baseball diamond...Im not sure if it's area 51...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
thats where they've been practicing for the intergalactic baseball league. i think we have a pre-season game against Nereid (a neptunian moon that lies 5,513,400km from the earth and has a 360.16 day orbit), aparently they have an excellent ball club due to the fact everyone inhabiting that moon is shaped like a baseball bat.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That is Area 51, the USAF base at Groom Lake.

The baseball diamond is for R+R, as is Sam's Bar which can be seen just to the right of the diamond. The 15 pairs of thin parallel buildings are dormatories where some employees stay for longer periods so they dont have to take the JANET (air taxi for area 51 worker) back to Vegas every day. Apperently there are financial incentives to employees for staying in the dorms.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
During Project OXCART (development of the Lockheed A-12 "Blackbird"), recreational facilities at Area 51 included a gymnasium, movie theatre, nine-hole golf course, and a softball diamond.

The Area 51 softball team was called the 8-Ballers. "The Bulletin Board," an unclassified newsletter published by Reynolds Electrical & Engineering Company (REECo) for Nevada Test Site (NTS) employees regularly posted articles about Test Site sporting events. Throughout the 1960s, headlines such as "Area 51 Wins Slow-Pitch Tournament" were common and many of the players were listed by name. I've had the pleasure of meeting several of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
During Project OXCART (development of the Lockheed A-12 "Blackbird"), recreational facilities at Area 51 included a gymnasium, movie theatre, nine-hole golf course, and a softball diamond.

The Area 51 softball team was called the 8-Ballers. "The Bulletin Board," an unclassified newsletter published by Reynolds Electrical & Engineering Company (REECo) for Nevada Test Site (NTS) employees regularly posted articles about Test Site sporting events. Throughout the 1960s, headlines such as "Area 51 Wins Slow-Pitch Tournament" were common and many of the players were listed by name. I've had the pleasure of meeting several of them.

you got any links to newspaper articles with that head line, I would love to see it ??

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Your wish is my command, yuanshao101.

You can see a scan of the newsletter here:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't see the diamond. Point it out to me!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I don't see the diamond. Point it out to me!

just look for the only patch of grass :S

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Got it.

Nice. But it's not in scale with the other objects.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i dont know man...
it's google earth...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
it must get pretty lonely there if they have a bar, a movie theater, baseball field... i wonder what else they got?!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aurora51
it must get pretty lonely there if they have a bar, a movie theater, baseball field... i wonder what else they got?!

That's about typical for a military base, along with some sort of Post Exchange store...heheh. It's about the same in White Sands, stopped by there to get gas, last week while driving thru that area.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
That's about typical for a military base, along with some sort of Post Exchange store...heheh. It's about the same in White Sands, stopped by there to get gas, last week while driving thru that area.

Your location shows as Ashraf, Iraq, your ISP is occasionally in the Netherlands, and you visited White Sands in New Mexico, USA last week?

Busy travelling schedule!?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aurora51

Strip Club
, just kidding, well, who do they play? Do they really have thier own team?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
hey if they need entertainment why doesnt universal make thema theme park...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by bg_socalif

Your location shows as Ashraf, Iraq, your ISP is occasionally in the Netherlands, and you visited White Sands in New Mexico, USA last week?

Busy travelling schedule!?

Yes, i was on vacation...first took the family to Hawaii, then a road trip thru the Southwest. Yes, i'm now back in Ashraf Iraq to finish out my contract. As far as the ISP goes, our satellite internet provider (Tachyon) is located in the Netherlands, i guess.

Believe me the jet lag is hell.... lol Love the frequent flyer miles though.

top topics

join