It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution to ending air travel terrorism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The real problem with civilian air travel is that security people have no way of knowing how the customers are going to behave. Perhaps, like the subjects of the current investigations in UK, some travelers plan to assemble a bomb after they get airborne, and take control.

So here's my solution:

Sedation Air Travel

Taking my inspiration from sedation dentistry, wherein the patient is rendered unconscious for the duration of the procedure, sedation air travel would involve a general anasthetic for airline passangers. Instead of stewardesses, just have nurses. You could save money, because the passengers will not eat, use minimal oxygen, and could be stacked several humans deep in bunks.

If they are unconscious, then they cannot sabotage the airplane.

imaginary conversation at airline arrivals desk

You: "I'm here to pick up my boss, Stan Blathery. He's arriving on the 5:10 from New York."

Nurse: "The plane landed just a few minutes ago. Mr. Blathery is still in recovery. As soon as he regains consciousness, he can have two visitors. He came through the flight just fine, and the doctor plans to release all passengers in a few moments. . . ."

See, easy for you to meet your guest. Easy for the airlines, easy for security.

Problem solved. You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Not to mention, perceptually the duration of the trip would be instantaneous for the traveller. Closest thing to teleportation.

Brilliant!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'd like to see them just pump the plane full of laughing gas instead of oxygen. Nobody would want to commit a terrorist act while high on laughing gas. Also an added bonus to that would be the calming effect laughing gas would have on those with a fear of flying.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think you were trying to be funny but thats actually a pretty good idea. Id do it. and so long as the nurses are freaking hot whats the worse that could happen?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
if this was ATS and not BTS then i would say that would just be an axcuse for you to be implanted with Mind control chips by the NWO.

However since this is BTS...
Yeah go for it hot nurses, instant arrival and why not have surgery while you fly.

Oh yeah turbulance, they better make ti free then

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Doesn't seem as easy as it first seems. Aneasthetists are licensed professionals for a reason. The amount of sedation needed varies from person to person. What may keep me (6'4, 240) out for 6 hours may be enough to put a slight woman in a coma or, god forbid there's a baby on the flight when they pump the cabin full of happy-gas.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You couldn't fill the cabin with gas, for reasons that have already been mentioned.

You could put each passenger down individually, but then you'd be looking at a huge increase in the cost per passenger, which would, of course, be passed on to the people flying.

The fact that you wouldn't have to sit through a boring flight would be excellent. The fact that you might never wake up, if the dose is off - NOT EXCELLENT.

Paying more for a flight that has a reduced chance of bomb-related death, but a greatly increased chance of drug-related death, doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

It's not such a bad idea I suppose, in special circumstances - but there are probably more people afraid of going under than there are people afraid of flying. And as far as saving money..not bloody likely, last I checked anesthesia costs more than a packet of pretzels...

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I once read on ATS that the solution this very problem would to be to make the planes out of bacon.

and I agree.

mmm bacon... better have spare bacon to keep me from eating my chair.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
just dont let muzzies fly that will end it

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here's a few solutions to that problem. I Know it may sound a little corny but it may work.

1. Put as much things that would make a terrorist so freaking scared that they wouldn't try to do anything. I. E. blasting AC/DC over the public address system like what the U.S. military did to bring Noriega out of his safehouse in Panama.
2. Instead of having in foight movies, you have in flight auto racing on the tube to please the race fans.
3. Make the cargo hold smaller so that people (except for the flight crew) can play footbal (any kind) while in flight.

Just a few suggestions.

top topics

join