It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another prediction? (Alex Jones Predicts Major Terrorist Attack By October 2006)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
I hope you guys aren't going to go grey worrying about someone's prediction of disaster. Personally, I am quite confident that this prediction by Jones will not happen just like the countless other predictions that are always being made by assorted psychics, futurists, and self-proclaimed prophets.

Some of these guessers-of-future-events can sound very convincing. They are probably convinced themselves, but no matter how believable they may seem the predictions always fail. Although I cannot see into the future, I can almost guarantee that this prediction will also fail.

I've noticed that predicters, almost without exception, will make the claim that they have successfully predicted major events in the past. Of course, there is never a record of these "successful" prognostications. They also make outlandish claims about the precentage of accurate predictions....85% is a favorite figure. They get away with it because most people have short memories. Many of us can't remember what we did yesterday and the "psychics" count on this to pull off their scam.

The truth is men cannot foresee the future. At times we can make intelligent inferences about coming events which may turnout pretty close to what happens, but these are the result of careful evaluation of prevailing conditions and patterns of developments. Even then, there are more things that were unforseen than had been expected. The unexpected almost always happens.....regardless of how carefully we try to anticipate and out-maneuver the future.

That is the one thing we can all count on -- the UNEXPECTED. This is why life is an adventure.

No, men cannot predict the future, they can however look at events and find the probability knowing how certain people act and the wishes they want done, and determine a probable outcome

Elections, war, new terror threats, the fact that Bush WANTS to invade Iran, problems in the UK, Israel have PR problems, the fact that Israel wants Iran gone and the fact that quite simply, whether you want to believe it or not a mass murder with 100,000's of thousand dead Americans WILL consolidate power within the president. Don't forget.

Dictators will be welcomed by the people with open arms.

In the chaos the ensues after such attack the government could force millions into camps, maybe not to kill I do not think they would do that, but to seperate people to prevent "mob mentality" to let the people understand that they are no longer in charge of their lives, to prvent flow of information and to allow a smooth transfer of dictoral powers to the "president"

Don't think that is possible? Study history, then allow the fact that America is in no way immune to the ways of man.

Also understand that such a warning is not for us to prevent an attack, that is not possible. We are subject to what ever the men incharge decide and nothing you do will stop it. As of now.
The point is to realize that in the event that this EVER occures, with in October or 5 years from now, never EVER give up your liberties, understand it is staged and defend your family at all cost. Be an American and stand up to the inevitable opressivness that will overwhelm the nation. Take our reaction to 9/11 times a thousand. Think we will be understanding to Middle Eastern men anymore? Think we will give a damn about civil liberties for Muslims and other Amricans the Government has taken upon themselves to deem a threat??

9/11 was a coup, our government is in the hands of those in charge, they have for the past 5 years been poking the population for a reaction, Katrina was a test to see what internmint camps will do, what dividing families will do, what going house to house to force people to give up guns would do. We did nothing, we took it like cowards and as a result 9/11 conspirators can do what ever they want now.

I hope nothing of the like happens, that we can carry on our American way of life and be done with this war.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

... Jones is kidding us right? The tape is edited (badly) with a bit stuck on the beginning saying it's July 2001..

Pfftttt.. Even Lionel Hutz can splice a tape better than that.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Pfftttt.. Even Lionel Hutz can splice a tape better than that.

That just had me on the floor laughing! Simpsons rule!!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It occurs to me that if or when a terrorist attack actually happens, the people who have been making predictions about such a thing will be the most surprised, and terrified of all of us. No one will be more shocked, nor dive for cover faster, than those who have been pretending to know everything that is going to happen ahead of time. Some of them are so convinced that an attack is about to occur at any moment that if a car backfires they will jump so fast they'll leave their skin behind.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, wait till you see the tape Lardo. it's even funnier.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I find myself admiring Mr. Jones' tenacity while listening to this. Whether or not you believe what he says, you have to admit that there is a quiet beauty in his love for his country and the original foundations from which it came. He puts himself out there...albeit somewhat hysterically....for his fellow countrymen.

[edit on 8/11/06 by sdp333]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
well i think he says it just the way it is. i remember within three days after 911 i got in it with my dad cause i told him i believed it was an inside job. i told him how things were going to change. just like these so called attacks yesterday, with every stut like this our freedoms get taken away more and more. yes i believe its going to get very bad. never to go back to what we remember as normal. its just a matter of time mths or a couple of years before the chips must be implanted in everyone. dont go along with it and youll be consider the next terriost.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
No, men cannot predict the future, they can however look at events and find the probability knowing how certain people act and the wishes they want done, and determine a probable outcome

Elections, war, new terror threats, the fact that Bush WANTS to invade Iran, problems in the UK, Israel have PR problems, the fact that Israel wants Iran gone and the fact that quite simply, whether you want to believe it or not a mass murder with 100,000's of thousand dead Americans WILL consolidate power within the president. Don't forget.

Dictators will be welcomed by the people with open arms.

In the chaos the ensues after such attack the government could force millions into camps, maybe not to kill I do not think they would do that, but to seperate people to prevent "mob mentality" to let the people understand that they are no longer in charge of their lives, to prvent flow of information and to allow a smooth transfer of dictoral powers to the "president"

Don't think that is possible? Study history, then allow the fact that America is in no way immune to the ways of man.

Also understand that such a warning is not for us to prevent an attack, that is not possible. We are subject to what ever the men incharge decide and nothing you do will stop it. As of now.
The point is to realize that in the event that this EVER occures, with in October or 5 years from now, never EVER give up your liberties, understand it is staged and defend your family at all cost. Be an American and stand up to the inevitable opressivness that will overwhelm the nation. Take our reaction to 9/11 times a thousand. Think we will be understanding to Middle Eastern men anymore? Think we will give a damn about civil liberties for Muslims and other Amricans the Government has taken upon themselves to deem a threat??

9/11 was a coup, our government is in the hands of those in charge, they have for the past 5 years been poking the population for a reaction, Katrina was a test to see what internmint camps will do, what dividing families will do, what going house to house to force people to give up guns would do. We did nothing, we took it like cowards and as a result 9/11 conspirators can do what ever they want now.

I hope nothing of the like happens, that we can carry on our American way of life and be done with this war.

I agree with much of what you say. The difference is that you see these things as possibilities and are not predicting that they are about to happen.

It is possible to get a general idea of some future developments from observing and carefully evaluating conditions in the present. This I already mentioned in one of my posts above, but even the best of our insights into the future outcome of present developments there will almost certainly be additional developments that we did not expect.

There is an adage about the best laid plans of mice and men going awry. Why is this? It is true because we cannot know in advance everything that will happen. So, no matter how well we lay out our plans, they often go awry because they were based on our very limited ability to discern the future.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It does not matter if we predict an event, so long as our reaction to that event is not ignorant. "Predictions" like this only serve to let us know of the possibilities so that the few who head them will be able to mentally prepare if such an event occures. That is the one and only thing that can save people if a horrific event like that happend, that they do not let them selves sucumb to the powers of organized military re-location or any other nasty by prodect of the intention for such an attack. I don't want to sound hystarical or anything but honestly I have excepted that I do not know what happend on 9.11.01 I do not know who did it or why, no one knows all the facts but those who pulled it off. I do not know what our president is planning, I know he is planning war on Iran but why I do not know. We are left with bits and pieces of various truths and because of that I understand it is possible someone may do the unimaginable things outlined in mine and others post on this thread. That small possibility is enough for me to be ready in the event something like this occures. There will be no standing in front of a TV for hours with a stupid look on my face for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Already predicted it couple of days ago, and i think he's right(duhuh, or else i would not have said it)
Why was the reaction then: your dumb, and when alex says it, OMG?!...
strange

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Grey Shield.

I'm going to be keeping an eye out for other predictions/warnings via FTA.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I don't want to sound hystarical or anything but honestly I have excepted that I do not know what happend on 9.11.01 I do not know who did it or why, no one knows all the facts but those who pulled it off. I do not know what our president is planning, I know he is planning war on Iran but why I do not know. We are left with bits and pieces of various truths and because of that I understand it is possible someone may do the unimaginable things outlined in mine and others post on this thread. That small possibility is enough for me to be ready in the event something like this occures. There will be no standing in front of a TV for hours with a stupid look on my face for me.

You don't sound the least hysterical, but you also don't sound as though you have been put into a zombie like trance from all the propaganda that assaults the general public through the mainstream media. I suspect there are too many in our country who accept everything their government tosses at them because they have been manipulated into thinking that they are being patriotic by accepting, without question, what the "powers on high" declare. You are not one of these victims.

Yes, it is good to prepare as best we can for what lies ahead, but always expect the unexpected. Our preparations can only serve us so far. We will probably need to make many adjustments to our plans as events unfold. Nothing is set in stone. The future is very malleable, and so an essential part of any "plan" is to remain flexible. Adaptibility is the key to survival. The time may come when we may be forced to abandon our plans and make decisions on the spur of the moment...from moment to moment.

Yes, it is good to have a plan of action, but alternatives also, and ready for anything. Under pressing circumstances, men are able to surprise themselves at what they can accomplish.

Whatever the future has in store for us, I hope to see you there.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you believe what Alex Jones has to say, then it's time to stop talking and actually DO something about it.

Go to www.moveon.org.

Call your congressmen.

La Resistance!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
moveon.org was made for the clinton adminstration during his time of adultary do u really think clinton is not in on it and hes innocent i personally believe hes not innocent.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I believe that Clinton is in on it, yes.

But MoveOn is working to change who is in charge at the moment, which may not make much of a difference, but it will buy time.

If you don't like Move On you can still call your congressmen.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I just want to say that the threat level remained at Level Yellow. The threat level was raised to Red for flights from London and Orange in aiports and flights in the U.S.

I just wanted to point out that error... I'm still listening, and I'll post my reaction and thoughts after.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some links regarding:

Gun Control
www.politechbot.com...
www.chuckbaldwinlive.com...

Trillions Missing from Pentagon
www.apfn.net...
www.cbsnews.com...

Canada US Mexico Merger
www.theconservativevoice.com...
www.newswithviews.com...

Scholors for 9/11 Truth
www.st911.org

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine_Concept
If you believe what Alex Jones has to say, then it's time to stop talking and actually DO something about it.

Go to www.moveon.org.

Call your congressmen.

La Resistance!

You can DO two things. Only two things, no other options.

1.) allow Democracy to run it's course and hope we put better people in office, though we have the most corrupt tainted house in all American history, it will be difficult.

2.) defiance, rallies and a dismantling of the government to allow it to re-form with very strict guidelines on how elections are run and strict outlines of moral codes. The problem is this leads to civil war and revolution, which once started there is no going back, no admitting faults that you preferred it the way it was, when you where blind and ignorant of the world.

They can have their wars, they have no need to violate their own people unless they have other plans, it is very complex as to motives and who is involved, if you believe the Gov was behind the attacks before. So long as the next generation can grow up like we did in peace, we cannot allow the government to keep growing at it's current rate, butting in where they needn't be, deciding matters they have no business in, raping the state right over our country. What America needs is an independent social enlightenment period, get rid of the morally corrupt and install true Americans in our offices through votes or rally.

MoveOn is a biased radical group that has nothing to do with bettering the country, quite opposite actually.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
skyway i respect your opinions, and i like to have debates in a earlier post you replied to the following members quote of

quote: Originally posted by jtma508
These predictions are being trotted out to instill fear in people and program them to accept the liklihood that an attack is imminent.

with your own interpretation of what that means as

Which exactly the effect that Alex Jones's prediction will have on some of those who believe him. People have been expecting and predicting terrorist attacks and "staged" terrorist attacks almost from tthe very day that the Towers were hit. There have been red...yellow...orange...multicolor alerts...and NONE have happened. Not ONE! Doesn't that indicate something to you? It should tell you that this Jones "Red Alert" is almost certainly another false alarm.

now on the surface that may seem to make some sense to people but words due have a way of altering perspectives especially when u make abstractions that are misleading

i agree with the first part the gov't media are always dong this stuff and it never seems to happen. imagine for a second the media is controlled by the gov't and the gov't has a big hand in all this terror it is part of there agenda and they coordinate these attacks

alex jones is trying to stand up for the people of the united states he is a leader in terms of standing up and trying to do what is right in the interest of the people of the united states. he is not behind the attacks so when he makes predictions they are different than the media's and the gov't. he bases this off modeling of gov't behavior and tactics and this modeling is the KEY to his predictions.

IF anyone forgot U can feel FEARFUL without TERRORISTS. U should feel fearful because of what the secret gov't is probably on the verge of doing. i wouldn't call it terrorism i would call it a set up and i would be fearful yet at the same time prepare because this prediction from this man, is not to put forward an agenda, it is to warn the american people and his model for prediction is not based on a guess but modeling the very behavior that led to the last inside job on 9/11. i beleive anyone trying to rationalize that this is just another prediciton is doing so to comfort themselves.

WE NEED TO STOP THIS there is some way there is someone involved having second thoughts that has an influence they have to be reached.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yes, Alex Jones actually predicted the attacks of 9/11. They're all over the place, youtube, google video, and his website www.prisonplanet.com, and a close friend of mine who's been watching Alex for years saw it when it was originally broadcast, and called me on 9/11 freaking out.

This is only the second time Alex Jones has ever made a prediction like this. The first came true, and let's hope and pray the second doesn't.

That being said, for all those who doubt that 9/11 was an inside job, or that Alex Jones knows what he's talking about, I guess this is a good litmus test, and we'll find out by the end of october. I for one think he makes pretty reasonably analysis about the attacks, and presents great evidence not from his own articles, but from main stream media sources (such as the BBC interview with one of the 19 alleged highjackers, who turned out to be not so dead and working as an airline pilot in Morocco).

If he's right, I wonder how many people who heard this prediction will believe him. If he's wrong, then it will most certainly tarnish his credability.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join