It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i go to a major event right now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
with all that is going on and what just happened in london, i wonder if i should be going to major events. especially with the look on GWB face when he gave his speech the other day, ( like he didnt know what we were in for). i usually dont think twice about doing things like this, but im starting to wonder. its just a baseball game, but still, its in a major city in America. what do you guys think.
i know i shouldnt let the terrorists decide if i am going to go somewhere or not. but still, it does way on the back of my mind.

what do you guys think.
i dont know what the alert is like, but just incase this would help you decide, the place is San Francisco.

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I say go! Dont let these people stop you and make you scared,
Just make sure you stay aware of whats around you,

Make sure you know where the exits are, and take your cell phone fully charged and some credit on it,

Its really just about making sure you a prepared, we will never know where and when they will strike so just be ready as much as you can,

Taken a few simple steps can save your life,

other than that just try and live like you normaly would,

But the end of the day its up to you

If you dont want to take the chance then dont, there no right or wrong answer, just go with how you feel

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I am a homebody to start with, but the current state of things does make it easier to stay home and I do consider it.

I was at a company picnic last month, and at one point about 1000 people were in a relatively small event hall during the Presidents speech. And in my head I started to realize how easy it would be for somebody to kill every single one of use right then and there. There were two police officers managing traffic outside near the entrance of the parking lot maybe 300 yards away. That’s it.

Now think about the tens of thousands of similar events/attractions/places in the USA alone each day that are so "soft" it would be nothing to cause a major terrorist event.

It’s scary. Not because I think it will happen, but because its possible and it would be so easy in so many places to do it.

Its only takes one person, just one, to slip into a country and find one of these easy targets. It will happen eventually and some people will die, who is t say it isn’t you?

I will continue to go to important function and places, but I will no longer hang out for the sake of nothing in crowded or overly public places. Its not worth it. My wife and child are too valuable to take the risk.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ok, i went and now im back... no problems. ( besides the thousands of people that get in your way every single minute!!)
but it was great and fun.
i did stay aware of my surroundings.

so thanks for your posts.

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
But by not going to an event out of fear of an attack you would be letting the terrorists win.
Fear is their only weapon, and if you succumb to that fear, they win and you lose.

Go about your life as you normally would, but if the guy next to you starts behaving oddly, or things look out of place, take precautions.

DON'T LET THEM WIN BY HAVING YOU LIVE IN FEAR.......

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Why wouldn't I go to a major event? If you got the tickets and you are concerned about going, give me a call. I'll happily go in your place or, if I can't make it (not of fear), I'll sell the tickets through the classifieds.

I cannot see how "avoiding life" because the fear of a terrorist threat is in the least bit productive. You cannot live your life in fear. If it isn't terrorist then it will be lightning, traffic, storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, meteors....where would it end? The only thing that would dictate my going or not going to a major event was my schedule, availability and price of the tickets and, of course, my desire or "keen-ness" to see the band, sports event or whatever.

OK, I might skip a US vs Iran sports event held in Tehran (especially if I only had a USA #1" tee shirt to wear) but, otherwise, I'm good to go.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindtrip02
ok, i went and now im back... no problems. ( besides the thousands of people that get in your way every single minute!!)
but it was great and fun.
i did stay aware of my surroundings.

so thanks for your posts.

im out
-mindtrip02

hey buddy glad it was ok

just remember to always learn and know these three things for big events:
Its called S.A.M.

1. Survey Surroundings-look around, just check out where you are, city, area, and most of all the type of peoples.

2. Accumulations- be sure to know, if you see a people grouping up or in some sort of organized manner, stay out of there way.

3. Multiple occurrences- just try and research of certain events if something bad has ever happened there, or in the certain area you are attended, and also, if you are already there, juts be on the look for out of the ordinary things, most likely it will happen more than once, you will definitely notice something.

peace

top topics

join