It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Sol 913 Sea Shells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I found this while searching the net. This is interesting, i didn't know they had found these before. The article includes some good pics.

More sea shells have been imaged by Spirit on Sol 913 at the wintering grounds where NASA has parked the rover. The angled hillside provides best sunlight for the solar panels and allows the rover to continue operating well into its second year. These new images show some excellent specimens that are without a doubt some of the clearest sea shells yet imaged on Mars.

xenotechresearch.com...

So is this proof that life did exist on another planet at one point? What are your views on this?

Toc

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Damn nice!!! Hehehe. Enough to shut a few mouths
If this isn't proof, i mean, what do you need

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well, the images are from the JPL, and that isn't in question, at least not yet. I don't know of any natural geologiacal formations that could do that. Maybe they're volcanic rock?

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

The pics definately look like Earth Molusks. I'd like to know what NASA says about this.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It really does look like a seashell. Maybe an unual rock formation, but I doubt it.

And no word from NASA on the nature of the objects? Most odd. Usually they jump at the first chance to debunk something.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
No comment as to whether or not it's a seashell, but for anyone interested, color versions of the photos are available here and here.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Interesting, but looks can be deceiving. Just because it looks like a sea shell, doesn't mean it might not be some other kind of volcanic ejecta, which can also have thin sides and a "droplet" shape.

new topics

top topics

join