It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News highlighting new terror plot "conspiracy".

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Sky News has kindly set aside a page of thier website to focus on the conspiracy theorists view of this recent terror plot.

Police and security forces have come under increased scrutiny following a number of high-profile security failures.

Police were heavily criticised in an official report on the Forest Gate raid on June 2.

Mohammed Abdul Kahar, 23, was accidentally shot in the raid but no evidence of terrorist activity was found.

The CPS was unable to secure convictions last year for a number of number of men accused of plotting to spread the poison ricin in a public place.

And the Government was accused of overreacting to an alleged terror plot against Heathrow airport in February 2003.

Tanks and hundreds of troops were sent to the airport after an apparent plan to shoot down an airliner was allegedly uncovered.

Now chatrooms and message boards on the internet are buzzing with rumours about the current security alert.

Many bloggers and writers accuse Britain and the US of issuing the current alert to take the heat off Tony Blair and George Bush as fighting rages in the Middle East.

Source: Terror plot conspiracy

Well i for one am at least glad that are even mentioning this on thier news site. We all know what news networks like Sky and Fox can be like, at least they are giving viewers thier say without cutting them off or accusing them of being nutjobs this time!

CX.

[edit on 11/8/06 by CX]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
its just feeding in and trying to make money off conspiracy theories. Sky does tend to show a lot of conspiracy shows (which are very tongue-in-check). i wouldn't take any of it serious at all.

i wouldn't read too much into Sky doing this.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
They start to focus on dissidents to treat us as terrorists. So anyone against government will be seen as potential terrorists. ATS will be considered as a terrorist website. Next ``terrorist`` attack.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
They start to focus on dissidents to treat us as terrorists. So anyone against government will be seen as potential terrorists. ATS will be considered as a terrorist website. Next ``terrorist`` attack.

I highly doubt ATS is going to be considered a terrorist website.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Have you guys heard of information warefare? 9/11 researchers have accused people of releasing crazy theories to discredit the main researchers. Skynews could be doing this to attack those who are chanting conspiracy. They do have a history of using tactics like that at sky

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Isn't there an OBVIOUS tie in here with the Mid Term Congressional elections in the US? August, 2004 saw some very frightening news as well. The up coming reelction bids of several Repulican Congressmen are on the line and so is the coveted and very important Majority.

These Congressional elections are as important as the Presidential race in 2004.

Springer...

CX

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Have you guys heard of information warefare? 9/11 researchers have accused people of releasing crazy theories to discredit the main researchers. Skynews could be doing this to attack those who are chanting conspiracy. They do have a history of using tactics like that at sky

Yeah i know thats the way Sky News works, same as Fox, but the way i see it is when they put this info about the conspiracy on thier website, yes there will be many that will scoff at it and shout nutjob, but there will be a hell of a lot of people whose eyes will have been suddenly opened up to the possibilty of a conspiracy.

Thos people may not have ever heard of a conspiracy theory regarding this unless Sky News had told them, and i guaruntee not every single viewer will side with Sky and consider it crazy.

I was amazed at the amount of people who had never heard of the 9/11 conspiracy until i told them or showed them Loose Change. Some thought it crazy, but a lot more believed it.

If it takes just a little snippet of info about conspiracy theories to make people question something, then i'm all for Sky News and other sites giving us a hand with spreading the word!

CX.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yeah, it does not take much to push people "to the other side." We can all listen dutifully to our high school textbooks, sitting around with shirts tucked in, but the internet and the mass explosion and consolidation of information removed a lot of conventions. It doesn't take a massive IQ to realize that for all the lip about honesty, it really is a matter of deception and control and fear and debt and blood.

If anything, the "Bottle Bombers" have reinforced that the security blanket WORKS. They tracked these guys for months and months, literally tailing them, wiretapping them, becoming aware at the right moment of what was imminent and what needed to be done. For all my hullabaloo, I'd rather enter a airport that is much like a police-state. Don't be stupid. Don't bring drugs. Follow the rules. Sit down. Shut up. Have a Jack and Coke. Let's all survive this together.

As much as this mention in Sky News may indeed open people's eyes up to the conspiracy view rather than the chaotic view, this whole affair only reinforces the collective psychological fear that demands advanced security technology and the lessening of personal privacy, choice, and expression. Far more people are going to be convinced that they should give away their rights further and not question wire-tapping, Net intrusions and hacking, or the idea that maybe they should just stay home in front of the TV rather than exiting their abode to experience reality, at the expense of exposing one's self to the random and malevolent chance of death.

By having nothing truly terrible happen, THEY still accomplished a great PR victory for their plans of a post-modern dystopia of chaos and separation.

new topics

top topics

join