It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of England releases terror suspects names?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The Bank of England has released the name of 19 of the 24 terror suspects believed invoved in the recently foiled plot.

The Bank of England has named 19 of the 24 air terror plot suspects.

It follows an instruction by Chancellor Gordon Brown to the Bank of England to freeze the assets of the 19 people arrested on Thursday in connection with an alleged plot to blow up passenger jets leaving UK airports for the US.

Source: Bank of England names suspects

Maybe i'm jumping to conclusions with the whole conspiracy subject of the banks running the show everywhere, but since when has it been the job of the Bank of England to let the country know was allegedly going to carry out terror attacks against the country?

I know that banks usualy freeze terror suspects assets, and i know that the news says this was done on the recommendation of the government and MI5, but still, i always thought it was the police or other security services that revealed suspects name?

I'm probably reading too much into this, or is this a case of letting the public get used to the banks having more of a hand in things?

Related news link: Suspects assets frozen

CX.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I suspect that theres a legal requirement somewhere that the banks have to release a list of names of those whos accounts are frozen as terrorits, its doesn't sound like something they'd do with legal compulsion.

CX

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hmmm maybe, i was just under the impression that this was the first time the suspects had been named by any of the services.

Even a security advisor or Sky just now said it was unprecedented for the Bank of England to release names of people who were just suspects.

CX.

[edit on 11/8/06 by CX]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
its normal.
they do it all the time. they done it afew years back to the BNP.

Dae

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I know that banks usualy freeze terror suspects assets, and i know that the news says this was done on the recommendation of the government and MI5, but still, i always thought it was the police or other security services that revealed suspects name?

Good question! Perhaps there is a law that states if the Government instructs the BoE to freeze a persons assets then the BoE must announce their names to the public, like a tradition of sorts. Other than that, it is rather strange...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If it's normal procedure why wasn't it done last year with the botched train bombing suspects, I believe they were not immediately named by security services or bank of england.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

If it's normal procedure why wasn't it done last year with the botched train bombing suspects, I believe they were not immediately named by security services or bank of england.

Mabye, just maybe because they blew themsleves up? so i don't think you have to worry about dead men spending money. And it takes time to ID someone who is spread over a train.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As far as I know the BoE have to name the individuals that are getting their accounts frozen.

The names in the Annex are in addition to those listed in previous Bank Notices containing directions under Article 4 of the Terrorism (United Nations Measures) Order 2001 (S.I. 2001/3365) and under Article 8 of the Al-Qa’ida and Taliban (United Nations Measures) Order 2002 (S.I. 2002/111, as amended).

Financial Sanctions: Terrorist Financing

join