It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really worshiping the DEVIL?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillrunner
Halloween , I guess would be a form of worshiping demons

I'd disagree. It's not as if the kids who go out and trick or treat and suchlike are perfroming any satanic rituals or deviation of Satanic rituals. They're going out dressed as vampires, zombies, Freddie Kruger and the bloke from the 'Scream' movies. Last time I checked my Grimoire these weren't Satanic deitys.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Halloween , I guess would be a form of worshiping demons but I truly believe that if your not worshiping God, anything you do[at least 98%] would be doing satans will.................................................................

Just one thing about your quote Hillrunner. Surely by default the opposite also applies?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Halloween is based on a pagan festival that predates christianity. So is christmas. So is easter. Christianity took the days that the pagan festivals fell on, and made them into christian holy days in another effort to make sure that everyone in the area was with them religious-wise. Halloween predates any references to satan. Also, before stating that all pagans are satan worshipers, I'd like to point out that there is no satan or god in a lot of pagan practices. It's a festival, get over it.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
Helen would it surprise you to know that Christmas also has it's basis in pagan festival?

I believe that is what MA is talking about.

If I remember Easter also falls on an old pagan festival too.

Actually Christmas is celebrated on Jan 7th using the original Julian Calander.......
Easter is not used .....it is called Pascha...which means Passover ...which Jesus Christ celebrated Himself.....Behold the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world!� (John 1:29), exclaimed John the Baptist when he saw Christ.
He identified Him with the Suffering Servant foreseen by Isaiah, the sacrificed Lamb, �wounded for our transgressions� (Isaiah 53:5). He is our Paschal Lamb, without blemish.

As the Lamb�s blood, with which the Hebrews marked their doors, reminded them that their firstborn had been saved from death, and that the people were freed from bondage and allowed to set out toward the Promised Land, in the same �indeed, in a more perfect� way the blood of God�s spotless Lamb reminds every human being that we all have been saved from death and are allowed to set out towards the Heavenly Jerusalem, to live forever with the Crucified and Risen Christ.
�For Christ our Paschal Lamb, was sacrificed for us� (I Cor. 5:7).

Link below why it is not called Easter and is Pascha......
www.orthodox-christian-comment.co.uk..., not Easter!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Toltec,

an excellent movie made in France but in english for us unilinguals.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally poasted by Helen
Actually Christmas is celebrated on Jan 7th using the original Julian Calander.......

so on what date do you celebrate christmas? and are you saying you do or dont celebrate easter?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Followers of Orthodox Christianity have the wonderful opportunity to celebrate it twice, on December 25 and January 7!

Easter (Pascha) is also celebrated, along with the Lent period, but it is based around a different lunar cycle to the Catholic and Protestant schedules.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Christmas...from what Ive heard and read it is a pagan holiday. I was always taught that people worship the tree of Christmas with all the shiny ornaments instead of the Creator of the tree itself...that make any sense?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
the more materially aligned you are the greater your devil worship

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy

Halloween , I guess would be a form of worshiping demons but I truly believe that if your not worshiping God, anything you do[at least 98%] would be doing satans will.................................................................

This is a fun Holiday for kids. I don't care what the original derivation of the event was...it is the fun, imaginative event of dress-up and candy I knew as a child. That's what I acknowledge. People read too deeply is some crap. Satan could give a crap about Halloween....cares as much or as little or AT ALL as God. Halloween is between me, the costumes, the kids and the Butterfingers.

Thats the way satan gets in....anything he can do to ake away from God, no matter what it is...think about it...what does a child get from hlloween....gets to dress like a demon, ghost,etc. and told its "OK"and "fun"...and also gets a treat for doing it..not to mention playing oranks on others.. not very christian uh.....????

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
After that post I'm waiting for someone to say that Harry Potter is the Devils own now...........

seriously though, a christian group here staged a mock shooting of Santa in a public mall a few years ago.

Traumatised the kids that saw it for ages.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy

This is a fun Holiday for kids. I don't care what the original derivation of the event was...it is the fun, imaginative event of dress-up and candy I knew as a child. That's what I acknowledge. People read too deeply is some crap. Satan could give a crap about Halloween....cares as much or as little or AT ALL as God. Halloween is between me, the costumes, the kids and the Butterfingers.

Thats the way satan gets in....anything he can do to ake away from God, no matter what it is...think about it...what does a child get from hlloween....gets to dress like a demon, ghost,etc. and told its "OK"and "fun"...and also gets a treat for doing it..not to mention playing oranks on others.. not very christian uh.....????

Yep, that's right, I also put razorblades in toffee apples and instead of bobbing for apples in water I use BLOOD!
Oh I'm a horrible Devil worshipper.
I must be punished.

-snore-

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
U know all i can say is that the bible is way too tainted long ago by those that felt it meant this or that and "helped" describe what it really means and that description becomes the word of god,, POWER and MONEY and CONTROL are the works of evil and selfishness and THAT is a huge problem with religion, how many church goers are greedy and selfish? how many televanglists pocket money? how many people have died for a concept of how god really is? do u all have any idea how many people were murdered in the name of god? thats not god,, thats the devil, god nor jesus would condone murder in thier name, they have their own justice they can inflict and the devil must just roll in laughter when mankind murders over a concept of whats right and wrong about god,, its this simple in my opinion,, all that matter is u bring good will, love and creativity to this world and try to leave it better then when u found it,,think of others before yourself and greedy selfish concieted ignorant people that bring pleasure from others pain are the true evil of this world

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i have one for you...

if your mother and father worked and put food on the table would they not let you eat because you didnt ask?...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join