It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really worshiping the DEVIL?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here's a link to what Halloween is all about. I�ve been celebrating it with my kids for a while now, and this is my last year celebrating it due to what it's all about. I�ve known this for some time now, but ignored it for stupid reasons. I just what to get your input on all of this.

www.holybible.com...

Thanks
Glan

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Halloween , I guess would be a form of worshiping demons but I truly believe that if your not worshiping God, anything you do[at least 98%] would be doing satans will.................................................................

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I agree 100% with you hillrunner.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
you are all going to mexican hell!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just my Opinion:

Samhain was the day when the Earth and spirit world were at their closest interval. This does not nescessarliy mean that all the spirits were evil. Many people of that time also used this day to communicate with loved ones. But definitely not a "devil", since they didn't believe in one

Yes, the Church did build a special day upon Samhain (All Saints DAy, or The Feast of All Saints).

Nut also remember, this "peaceful", rather new cult of "Christianity", also gave thses same people the option of death or conversion.

With that in mind, I will keep celebrating my favorite pagan holidays: Halloween, Christmas, and Easter, knowing full well of their origins, and that my anscestors long ago were practicing "some" form of celebration, long before the Christians were a blink in the gods eyes.

Just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok if God says there's no sorrow in Heaven, then how can they communicate with people on this earth? Wouldn't that be sorrow right there? If I was in heaven, and had to hear from my wife living on earth that would be sorrow for me.

I personally don't think anyone can communicate with dead people.

Originally posted by nathraq
Just my Opinion:

Samhain was the day when the Earth and spirit world were at their closest interval. This does not nescessarliy mean that all the spirits were evil. Many people of that time also used this day to communicate with loved ones. But definitely not a "devil", since they didn't believe in one

Yes, the Church did build a special day upon Samhain (All Saints DAy, or The Feast of All Saints).

Nut also remember, this "peaceful", rather new cult of "Christianity", also gave thses same people the option of death or conversion.

With that in mind, I will keep celebrating my favorite pagan holidays: Halloween, Christmas, and Easter, knowing full well of their origins, and that my anscestors long ago were practicing "some" form of celebration, long before the Christians were a blink in the gods eyes.

Just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
" The apparently harmless lightened pumpkin face or "jack-o'-lantern" actually is an old Irish symbol of damned soul. A man named Jack was supposed to be able unable to enter heaven due to his miserliness, and unable to enter hell because he had played practice jokes on the devil. "

" Unable to go in Hell " ? Interesting.... Also, he was probably very smart. I allways thought only the devil was able to play jokes on the poor humans. If I was God, I would do an exception for him, just because he tricked the devil.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I believe it is all in the name of fun. I personally do not think of it as "worshipping". It is for the kids,they get to wear cool costumes and get candy treats. ....Just an opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
" The apparently harmless lightened pumpkin face or "jack-o'-lantern" actually is an old Irish symbol of damned soul. A man named Jack was supposed to be able unable to enter heaven due to his miserliness, and unable to enter hell because he had played practice jokes on the devil. "

" Unable to go in Hell " ? Interesting.... Also, he was probably very smart. I allways thought only the devil was able to play jokes on the poor humans. If I was God, I would do an exception for him, just because he tricked the devil.

the devil got punked.
next we'll have ashton o' lanterns

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You have to take what is written with a grain of salt. This was written by someone very religious. And has a particular slant towards certain things. Based on Christianity, what was written may be true. What about other religions? I am sure there are non-Christian families that send their kids out on Halloween so they can get candy. I for one cannot say what the purpose of Halloween is, besides getting candy and dressing up. Of course I never really cared what it was about, as long as I got more candy than my brother.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here is another 'history of' site:

One story says that, on that day, the disembodied spirits of all those who had died throughout the preceding year would come back in search of living bodies to possess for the next year. It was believed to be their only hope for the afterlife. The Celts believed all laws of space and time were suspended during this time, allowing the spirit world to intermingle with the living.

Naturally, the still-living did not want to be possessed. So on the night of October 31, villagers would extinguish the fires in their homes, to make them cold and undesirable. They would then dress up in all manner of ghoulish costumes and noisily paraded around the neighborhood, being as destructive as possible in order to frighten away spirits looking for bodies to possess.
And today, even many churches have Halloween parties or pumpkin carving events for the kids. After all, the day itself is only as evil as one cares to make it.

wilstar.com...

[Edited on 10/31/03 by crayon]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Measuring your life achievements in dollar terms is worshipping the Devil.

Dogmatically following the preaching of any individual in any Church is worshipping the Devil.

Christian Churches and their predecessors have been stealing Pagan festivals for many more years than you could trace your genealogy. It's all part of the money machine.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree with Masked here. Nothing, and I mean nothing about Christianity is original. And ol' holybible.com is biased propaganda. I know it is true that there are just as many sites that put Christian views down in much the same way Christians do to Pagans. This is why I like reading works done by agnostics...they generally either don't put down one view or the other or put them all down. They don't take one side or the other. Holybible.com's description is semi-accurate, but nothing that should be taken without cross-referencing from numerous other sources.

Gotta love them Christians.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
We take our kids to a fall festival at church and to friends and family to snag some candy. We think of halloween as a time to have fun, dress up and see friends and family and nothing more

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It doesn't matter, IMO. It's all a bunch of superstitious psycho-babble.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillrunner
Halloween , I guess would be a form of worshiping demons but I truly believe that if your not worshiping God, anything you do[at least 98%] would be doing satans will.................................................................

This is a fun Holiday for kids. I don't care what the original derivation of the event was...it is the fun, imaginative event of dress-up and candy I knew as a child. That's what I acknowledge. People read too deeply is some crap. Satan could give a crap about Halloween....cares as much or as little or AT ALL as God. Halloween is between me, the costumes, the kids and the Butterfingers.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
Halloween is between me, the costumes, the kids and the Butterfingers.

I would earnestly suggest a translation of this for non-Americans who aren't familiar with American candies and are overly familiar with Brando in Last Tango In Paris. Really.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Satanism from the context of what Christians often define as such does in fact relate much to the application of semantics as a means to manipulate others. Truth be known the duality and its respective orientations in common are quite startling.

There is a movie called the Brotherhood of the Wolf would really recommend it in respect to this issue.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Measuring your life achievements in dollar terms is worshipping the Devil.

Dogmatically following the preaching of any individual in any Church is worshipping the Devil.

Christian Churches and their predecessors have been stealing Pagan festivals for many more years than you could trace your genealogy. It's all part of the money machine.

Masked ......what do you mean 'stealing Pagan Festivals'' for many years now......
Pagan Festivals are just that''Pagan Festivals''
Christianity is not about holidays or money machines.....it is about the one true God ....
No one forces anyone to give money or to help anyone...
It's about love and giving what you can .......Masked dont take this the wrong way,Considering Blessed John and his miracles while still alive.....
helen...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Helen would it surprise you to know that Christmas also has it's basis in pagan festival?

I believe that is what MA is talking about.

If I remember Easter also falls on an old pagan festival too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join