It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of All The Liberties You Have Lost, Because Of The 911 Conspiracy. Which One Do You Miss The Most?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I hear this from people, on this board all the time. They state their civil liberties, are being trampled, or taken away. I would like to know. What has changed in your life since 911, to make you feel this way. If it is indeed connected to the 911 CT frame work.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
mostly related to airline travel...

I don't really like the reactive trend the GOV/TSA is following.

Terrorist Event = take off your shoes.
Terrorist Event = no more liquids in carry-on's (that should be easy to enforce :-)

However, if these are my biggest gripes, I can't complain too much. I'll have to purchase their damn 4.00 martinis rather than smugglig in the Kettle One.

- balance -

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I resent the fact that my phone has been tapped in the past. I can not prove it, but it has been, I know it for a fact. (I am not willing to say why I know this)

My home may have been entered and searched as well, but I have no proof of that. Sometimes you just know that something is not right.

It's more of an invasion of privacy than anything else.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yes, but phone taps are perfectly legal with a warrant. Do you have proof that it was a warrantless tap?

It's not a civil liberties violation if it was a standard law-enforcement tap with a court order.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Yes, but phone taps are perfectly legal with a warrant. Do you have proof that it was a warrantless tap?

It's not a civil liberties violation if it was a standard law-enforcement tap with a court order.

How would I ever be able to prove that?

Now I have to prove a damn case against my own damn government? Are they considered innocent until proven guilty?

Didn't some of the parts of the 1st patriot act specifically give the government the right to tap your phone WITHOUT a warrent?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
And you know what makes me mad the most.

I'm being taxed to death for which I receive little to no beneifit, and they use my tax money to spy on me.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The right to life.

If the government cannot take my life without due process of law then clearly my right to life has been eliminated through this act.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
I resent the fact that my phone has been tapped in the past. I can not prove it, but it has been, I know it for a fact. (I am not willing to say why I know this)

I may be looking for trouble here, but if you have a fax modem, send a fax to your own number with the speaker enabled. The assisted re-dial feature seems to conflict with this, and I have literally heard comments made on the phone when no one was supposed to be on the line.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
The right to life.

If the government cannot take my life without due process of law then clearly my right to life has been eliminated through this act.

So you're dead now and communicating from the other side??

Great thread Duhh. The response is always the same to direct questions to claims that are made. "My liberties have been stripped!".. Well which ones?..."I don't know, they just have been".."Explosives in the towers!"..How were they put there?..."I don't know..they just were"

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Anyone arguing in this thread should really read the definition of the words:

LIBERTY

and

FREEDOM

As an American, you are granted certain inalieable rights. PRIVACY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS being two of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wow...what a great topic! I have posed this question several times in other threads. I personally don't feel I've lost any civil liberties. So what if I have to take my shoes off going through airport security. If the government wants to listen to my phone calls, they can knock themselves out. I don't break the law and I'm not a terrorist! Someone actually responded with: "The right to life." What a joke! We do not live in a police state and we're not moving in that direction. And if you believe that or you hate it in the U.S., you have the FREEDOM to leave.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I resent not being able to fly my plane into the Washington DC area airports because of the permanent ADIZ around DC. It was a stupid, knee-jerk reaction that offers absolutely no additional security to anybody.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Insteresting. So far, not a single example of a lost liberty has been demonstrated. So much for big brother behind the scenes......

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The one Liberty i am missing the most is the abillity to watch TV. What i mean by this is every time i turn on the TV the is some "junk" about the middle east,Oil,Death on a grand scale. As a fellow crack head of mine said once "Why cant we all just get along". I miss not knowing about all of the garbage this world is offering up in such a hurry.

E-

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I miss being able to attend public finctions without having my person and belongings rifled through and searched.

I miss being able to travel without having to give biometric data like some common criminal.

I miss being able to open up a bank account without a background check.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I miss not being able to pursue civil justice if I suffer ID theft.
I'm told to take it as a loss.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

My home may have been entered and searched as well, but I have no proof of that. Sometimes you just know that something is not right.

It's more of an invasion of privacy than anything else.

Indeed that is the most important to me. Being able to go to sites like this, being able to talk on the phone and not being affraid the big brother is watching you.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have a better idea than asking people on ATS if they've felt the civil liberties pinch. As most haven't felt anything different, you'll get that answer.

Now, let's ask the U.S. citizens being held at Gitmo if they feel any civil liberty loss. Oh wait, we can't contact them......one civil liberty lost.

Let's ask them if they have had due proccess.....another civil liberty lost.

Before you say "but they are suspected terrorists"....let's go over that again...."suspected terrorists".

Due proccess is in place so people are not charged with a faulty charge, have access to a lawyer, have a trial etc, etc. Ask the U.S. citizens in Gitmo if they've recieved any of these.

Before I look like a fool......there are U.S. citizens in Gitmo right?

[edit on 8/11/2006 by Griff]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Insteresting. So far, not a single example of a lost liberty has been demonstrated. So much for big brother behind the scenes......

You have no right to privacy.

With a SINGLE SEARCH the NSA can get most of your:

Bank transactions (Combined with shared store data a list of EVERYTHING you buy item by item)
Credit Report
Medical Records (Possibly with DNA)
Criminal Records
Phone records
Internet Histories
Educational Records
Vehicle registration information
Gun Registrations

And they can do it ALL without a subpoena if they say "NAtional Security" or "terrorism".

The SIMPLE FACT that they are collecting this data and storing it REAKS of NAZI GERMANY where they kept "files" on each individual using neighbors, etc. as moles.

As a matter of fact, since they have been given these powers, it is almost CERTAIN that they are being abused.

LIBERTY. Look it up.

This does not bother you? YOU are the one that should leave for trying to turn MY COUNTRY into a FASCIST STATE.

PEACE.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Slap Nuts]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I haven't lost any civil liberties, but.....

Last week I tried send some money to a friend using Western Union and MoneyGram (online) and both times I was told that I was flagged for security concerns due to recent federal mandates since the Patriot Act....
Read More

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join