It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this new terror plot staged to keep us afraid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Does anyone beleive that this new terrorist threat involving British Airways is just scare tactics to keep us afraid? I'm sure there will be many conspiracy theories about this. Any thoughts. (I'm not saying this is the case so please no bashing).

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I most definitely think so,

Busted Bamboozlability: Bush Has Lost the War on Terrorism

by John Seery
Snip
Let's face it: Osama bin Laden, holed up in his cave somewhere, must be laughing at us. He's calling the shots, and he really doesn't have to lift a finger. Why? George Bush is doing his bidding. His administration has suspended many civil liberties and deftly defied the U.S. Constitution. Junked the Geneva Convention. Tortured prisoners. Oversaw criminal acts at Abu Ghraib. Ignored due process at Guantanamo. Engaged in domestic spying without court supervision. Flushed billions down the toilet in Iraq. Weakened our military readiness. Set much of the world against us. The Middle East is now ablaze in terrorism. At home, we live constantly in "elevated fear" levels (whether color coded or not). Our internal politics have become poisonously divided, not united. Osama bin Laden is playing George Bush like a cheap fiddle.

We shouldn't be surprised that Bush has been so stunningly gullible. He fell for Saddam's bluster about WMDs. He allowed himself to be conned by the in-house neo-cons. He believes Karl Rove when Karl Rove assures him that it is a good thing to put on a flight suit for an aircraft photo-op.

The Republicans now want to ride the terror bandwagon back to electoral victory. If you're frightened to death about our national security, they tell us, vote Republican. And thus Osama bin Laden wins again, with the Republicans as his co-conspirators (or dupes). Don't they realize that every time a U.S. military war hero such as John Murtha gets "Swift Boated" by his fellow Americans, Osama bin Laden chuckles to himself: "Why, I didn't even have to pay those guys to be my agents of agitation!"

[edit on 11/8/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This is another scare tactic period. Some poor saps are gonna get railroaded in trumped up charges OR we'll find out the 2nd in command actually worked for MI5/MI6/CIA, etc. The gov't agent probably recruited everyone in the first place, supplied all the materials with tax dollars I might add.
Just some more B.S. to create an extreme delay in long, long lines that can easily be avoided if everyone just accepts an easily identifiable chip in their right hand or forhead so the aiport security can wave you through quicker.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
They were going to use liquids see... and then they would mix the liquid with other liquids see... and then they'd use a cellphone see... yeah that's it, a cellphone see... and kobluuewy! No more doubtin civilians see, it's brilliant! I'll take ten of those and the check!

AAC

[edit on 11-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

[edit on 11-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
mmmmm... Remembering back to the Ricin plot that was a complete fabrication. Then the high profile police raid in Forest Gate and the talk of the threat of a Bio / Chem vest that these evildoers were close to detonating.... that didn't exist! etc.....etc....

Such a huge event and threat to the country but TB doesn't think it's important enough to return to the country? If this was the real deal I'm sure he'd be back ASAP to tell us all how lucky we are to be protected by our vigilant Intel services.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It's all fabrication.Everyrhing to do with terrorism is all fabrication. Right guys. Bush is evil and wants to rule the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
steve 99,

do some research dude. Govts have been using fear and terror to control the populations. research these few things and you will change your mind:

- operation Ajax ( gives us the Iranian problem we have today
)
- Operation Gladio
- Hitler burning Recihstag
- 7-7-05 London bombings (MI-5 of course)
- and duh obviously 9-11-01

anyway I believe this is going to be hyped to the max by Republicans as we head into mid-term elections. They are going to play the safe card, "we keep you safe from terrorists", etc.

it will all be used as a ploy by US UK and Israel to support operations in Syria and Iran by october/november.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Im sorry but I am going to bite the bullet and say it was not Staged.

I would have rather it be stopped before they acted out this, (weither it is true or not), you have to remember the UK has been hit by terror attacks for years, this terror plot is not new.

Knows this is a conspiract site but i feel alot safer knowing that this has been stopped (hopefully) even before they managed to carry this out and cause carnage.

There is too much speculation flying around all over the place, Imma wothold from saying the was staged until all the facts are known.

I just think this what has happenned since yesterday is going to raise tensions between community groups, whitch is already strained. Call me wrong on this but thats just my own opinion.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
heres the brilliance of the plan...

Whether Al Quaida is real or not... whether this latest plan was scripted or not... none of that matters... the end result is still the same.

The "terrorists" win and the people lose... whether those "terrorists" are the "Islamo Fascists"... or the Govts of the US,UK, and Isreal.

And now they dont even need to have another successful attack to achieve the same reaction of 911. Just the hint of it is enough for people to move to the next level of being controlled... The Real ID act; RFID chips tracking EVERYTHING that we buy. One of the points they kept pounding home on the news yesterday is that..."These items can be purchased from any drug store or Home Depot".. Now the arguement can be put in place that we need to track all purchases so that if certain combinations of items are bought people will be flagged and pulled aside.

Like I said, either way the govts. win and the people and the COnstitution lose...again.

And for the record I believe that this is a scripted event.. and the Govts are behind 911,7-7, and the madrid bombings.

"I quote Skeptic Overlord "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to fail to realize that they have been decieved"

And boy has the majority of the world been decieved here. Btter get a good roll of Constitutional toilet paper... cause thats about all its good for anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was talking to my neighbor yesterday about this, she's American, and we came to the conclusion that this is just a repeat of previous ratcheting up and down of the terror train, to pump people with fear for the upcoming election.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I was talking to my neighbor yesterday about this, she's American, and we came to the conclusion that this is just a repeat of previous ratcheting up and down of the terror train, to pump people with fear for the upcoming election.

How would that affect us here in the UK??? We got nothing to do with the elections over in the USA ya know. Ahh hang on your pointing out US Voters point taken

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Whilst I have no inside knowledge about these things and try to remain pretty open-minded one thing does strike me as proving to be very odd about the repeated conspiracy claim that it was really 'them'.

In the UK the attacks and these alerts etc have done nothing for the popularity of either Tony Blair as Prime Minister nor the Labour party as the party of government here.

In fact the whole WOT has reduced what was - by a huge margin - the most popular government in the UK post-war to one reduced to a probably having real and serious fight on it's hands to remain in government at the next election.

I gather the opinion polls indicate the same might well be true of George Bush and the republican party in the USA in the coming polls in nov.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
How would that affect us here in the UK??? We got nothing to do with the elections over in the USA ya know. Ahh hang on your pointing out US Voters point taken

Perhaps because Blair could've been thrown out of government in the coming weeks?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
hums is there an election in the UK Comming up???? Something I have missed maybe?????

Or maybe a Leadership challenge?

US Elections have nothing to do with the British Elections

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
No, not an election. Check out the link. They were upset with him for allowing U.S. planes (carrying weapons to Israel) to refuel in Scottish airports.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ahhh oks point taken

Everyone is upset with T/Blair over them Planes stopping over in Scotland before going over to Israel (now which are being allowed to land at Mmilitary Airports).

And because he brushed it under the carpet not making a big deal out of it, while a percentage of the population in the UK Are protesting alongside Muslims about this.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nb25
- 7-7-05 London bombings (MI-5 of course)

Why would MI-5 be part of this?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No

The government can't win on this. A terror attack succeeds, and its either an act of shadowny government branches, or they get blamed for being incompetent.

A terror attack is foiled...and its just a plot to scare us (I'm not scared)

If they really wanted to scare us properly, surely they would just commit another attrocity on their people

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
No

The government can't win on this. A terror attack succeeds, and its either an act of shadowny government branches, or they get blamed for being incompetent.

A terror attack is foiled...and its just a plot to scare us (I'm not scared)

If they really wanted to scare us properly, surely they would just commit another attrocity on their people

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Peyres]

I don't believe the whole thing is a government plot, I'm pretty skeptical on Vast Dark Conspiricies™ in general.

That said, I do think that there are a number of organizations, governmental and private, that are making use of the opportunity this bust afforded them. The news networks are cashing in on peoples' fear and need to feel informed. Government departments that can are grabbing the power they can while everyone's nervous and not looking to closely at such things. Heck, racists are making use of the whole affair to paint anyone with dusky skin as a potential terrorist who could cause violence, and getting mainstream airtime with little criticism, in my neck of the woods.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I don't believe the whole thing is a government plot, I'm pretty skeptical on Vast Dark Conspiricies™ in general.

Agrees with that comment.

Lets look at it this way oks.

Say they did nothing about it oks. And all these so called terroist plots were carried out. Who would we all be blaming for not doing anything about it?

Exactly we would be blaming the Gov, Security Forces, Police for allowing this to happen in the first place.

Dont get me wrong if this was to make eveyone afraid, it is not working, you have seen the attitudes off passengers at Airports etc..... Most of Us UK folks are not scared anyways we have lived throught terroist attacks before, and we will do so again!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join