It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could be that we're living in a Matrix...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You don't believe it? Check this out:

www.simulation-argument.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
this is one of those conspiracy theories that can't be disproved so you never know. But very unlikely.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
this is one of those conspiracy theories that can't be disproved so you never know. But very unlikely.

Why unlikely? I would say it's a 1/2 chanse.

But as in the movie The Matrix only a few people are aware of it.

EDIT: I belive we live in some sort of matrix

[edit on 11-8-2006 by InSaneTK]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
In my quest of finding out what I really am because of my consciousness and what reality really is this theory has popped up as an explanation several times. First of all I don't think this is a similar scenario like the Matrix involving humans used as power generators. There may be another civilization that made this "universe" as a physics simulation or a simulation to analyze the development of a fairly intelligent civilization. An unfortunate scenario would be that the civilization in the real world may be dead. Remember, all computer software has bugs which may be detected as glitches, corruption, freezes and so on. Be sure to watch out for those. Personally I feel that this is much more important than aliens and other civilizations in the current "level". The truth may be out there...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This topic is nothing new to ats.

For me, I think yes we are living in a matrix. Matrix of God, His creation.

I agree that this world is an illusion, however it is the realest thing I or you will ever experience. (to date)

Nothing in this world you can hold on to. You are only truly free when you let go.

**edit spelling

[edit on 11-8-2006 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I too believe we are living in a 'Matrix', but not as the movie example puts it exactly.

The movie is simply about power and control, which is exactly what current society is all about.

As in the movie, the machines are infact our governments, the people with the power. They hold complete and utter control over mankind and keep us in place with a picture of a 'false' but happy world where we have our so called freedoms and are protected from all the evils of the world by them. We can make money, buy nice things and live a happy life.

The reality of it is that we are infact being used to 'fuel' these people. In the films people were used as 'betteries' to give the machines their power. In the same way we citizens work 5 days a week to make money for ourselves, but also for those in power. We are taxed to the hilt (especially in the UK) and have to pay these taxes before we have even seen any money from our jobs. We also HAVE to have jobs, otherwise we will suffer and eventually become nothing. We are simply cogs in a very large and powerful machine known as capitalist society, a set up which favours the rich and discriminates against the poor.
These people who continue to live happy lives ignorant to what is actually happening around them are the 'sheeple' of our society, simply asleep to the real world, as the people in the matrix were. Kept alive but unconcious in a virtual reality world where they believed everything was alright. Most of the people in our world are asleep to what is actually happening.

The only people that could save them were the ones who had been 'awoken' from this fake reality and allowed to see the reality of life.

I believe that the Matrix trilogy is a very clever euphemism for our day to day lives and that we are indeed living in a matrix of sorts.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"REALITY IS NOTHING BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM"

top topics

join