It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

landing on mars in may 22'62

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i just want some information regarding this video of a supposedly landing on mars, here is the link

video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted by hiwaga

I want some information regarding this video of a supposedly landing on mars

It's OK, but an electroiic invention. the maker has potential. But this one is only a half star.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I know what it is.

I will tell you it is real. Enjoy

Oops, almost forgot. Lastly, I will tell you I have seen much better copies!!

[edit on 10/8/06 by SteveR]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Already discussed and was part of a program on Anglia television.. Alternative-3.. originally meant to be aired on April 1st 1977... make of this what you will.
Here is a link to explain further...
Link
I remember seeing recently the whole program on Google video... very well done... althougth tongue in cheek. Ill leave you with a quote from the above link...

However, some conspiracy theory supporters have argued Alternative 3 is at least partly true.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The following exert says it all.

Shortly after Alternative 3 was broadcast, Anglia Television issued a statement that the Alternative 3 episode was a hoax.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The idea is exciting. You might say it’s exhilarating. I do hope every young person age 11 to 14 will fantasize about going to Mars. Our own president does. And he’s 50 or 60. But by time you finish high school, you’ll have to accept that a trip by humans is unlikely. At least a round trip. Without unduly slandering an ethnicity, maybe some of our Muslim Arab friends will volunteer for a one way ride? Our president calls them Islamic-fascists. I think he calls anyone he does not like an Islamic-fascist. Which if he knew me would include me. I have called him “Dumbya” from the beginning. Or worse.

If we were able to maintain a spacecraft at escape velocity of 25,000 mph - that’s 41,000 km/hr for you Euro-centered types - all the way to Mars, then discounting the fact we cannot follow a straight line from here to there, Mars being 120 million miles from the Sun, and on that scale, Earth is 90 million miles, we’d have to travel 30 million miles. So how many hours are we talking about? 1,200. That’s 50 days. Actually, due to planetary mechanics and so on, I think it will take about 4 times that long should we begin a real trip and not a make-believe one.

If it takes the same amount of time to return to Earth - it would not in real life - then you’d need at least 100 days food and water - plus waste disposal capacity - unless you’re going to flush your w/c straight into space - now that would really be panspermia in action! In your darkest moment you don’t suppose a passing spaceship did just that some 4 billion years ago? Which makes us descended from what?

So how much fuel would lift-off from Mars require compared to Earth? I think Martian gravity is about 20% of earth gravity, so you’d need proportionally less fuel. (V = 4/3 X pi r cubed.) I think we’d encounter 2 serious problems going and coming to Mars - as if throwing your garbage overboard is not serious - and that is oxygen to breathe and shielding to protect us from the solar wind. I know how to make oxygen from rocks, but I don’t know how to make it from nothing. So, let’s think about that for a while.

Thanks for the heads-up on Mars.

[edit on 8/11/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well... thanks for the info guys

new topics

top topics

join