It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the next step?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The public will not go bonkers, as many have predicted. There would be an initial buzz, especially by the media, and then the subject will die down, for the majority of people, except for those fascinated with outter space, scientists etc.

What shall the next step be? the USS Enterprise, of course. We are going to the stars.

Where do I sign up? :-)

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
What do we do next?

Those who are in contact with aliens (I believe there are quite a few), know what they are up to. Imagine a whole institute working on this particular subject : What do we do now?

They are probably in interactive contact with aliens, or else there is no reason to ask this question. Really, aliens have the right to decide what we are to do, since they are in posession of the useful technology.

I think, the aliens already have this answer: Let's just use up all the natural energy resources, if done, I will show you something wonderful.

People outside of this closed group also may ask this question, my answer is: None of your business! Even if you are the best taxpayer. Am I right? Yes, this is a secret.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I friend of mine told me 2 weeks ago, "We don't sit and think anymore, we should be taking 20 minutes each day and take some time to see what's going on in our lives".

That's a good point! It reminds me of a boss I had a GE. They loved him because he got everything done so fast. The only problem is I had to go along behind him and constantly fix mistakes he made in his haste to mark things off the list. They didn't like me because I was anal and methodical and my stuff worked the first time.

The reason? Patience and taking the time to think and reason thru things. Looking around and using your senses.

This will not only help in dealing with visitors from space but in every aspect of life as you have pointed out.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conluceo

I would have to imagine the situation is a little more complex than that.

Disclosure will only happen when we go back to a truly real form of government for the people, I don't think that's ever going to happen because now that the vote is electronic by the same token, that ensure's that there will never be a real electoral vote again.
The only way disclosure might happen is by the sheer power of the entities themselves to show up and outsmart the human supposed intellect that's in power(that won't be hard) but when i think of SDI or star wars i can't help but think that those weapons are in fact to prevent exactly that.

Too much money at stake.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Conluceo]

Conluceo ... I wanted to cut down the size of your quote, but didn't really know where to begin. This is not a discussion, at least in my mind, of all the possible to impossible causes for the effect. I'm not really at all curious about the government of, for, and by the people that would make it possible. All I want anyone to do is suspend their belief systems for a moment, like all the folks who don't like skeptics ask us to do, and tell me what might be the next logical step.

Rather than obfuscate it all with all kinds of rhetoric, I am simply curious as to why:

a) It is so important to try and make the government admit that UFOs exist. After all, they are going to exist, or not, regardless of what our governments do or do not do. The non-skeptics already have proven this time and time again by the way they tend to mass around and denigrate people who either do not believe, or are sitting on the fence with no particular strong thought about it either way.

b) Once we did get the government to admit that they "believe" that UFOs exist, or they have definitive proof that UFOs exist, what do we all do then?

Just how earth shattering is it to get someone (the government) to validate what all the pro-UFO folks believe they are lying about anyway? Do the UFOs then become anymore valid? Do we become any less capable of progressing, or at least not regressing as a civilization? Do we, as some posters proclaim here, become drooling, psychopaths, who no longer have the faith in our ability as human beings to carry on without raping, pillaging, plundering, and killing each other off in grand scale? Do we find that we are unable to function, simply because what we have set as a base belief without reliable evidence that the reality of UFOs makes us suddenly incapable?

That is the source of my questions. I kind of am following exoterrestrial here. First, if there were evidence of the existence that were concrete, then that is very cool. However, even if there were, and everyone suddenly knew it... How do we proceed?

Very few thoughtful answers here, but much emotional rhetoric. I'm still looking for a plan of action that makes sense.

You`re going to have to forgive as I really thought about you`re question and had to stop when the above replie came to me, but to really answer, i would have to say this.

Once contact would be disclosed, which would happen through the UN, Vatican and leaders of other religions, There would be a tremendous uprising throught the world due to Religious doctrine implemented, once that died down (after placing certain places around the world under martial law), The UN with the Race or Races that made themselves be known, would establish a plan of contact on a more personnal level with humankind.

If Benevolant,
That plan would include new systems around the world for everything from a clean up of Earth to Energy to the fiducieri systems established throughout by the World Bank and a new One World Religion amongs other things.(Imho) that would take about 15 years after contact to implement.

If Malevolant,
Well then prepare yourselves for armageddon.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thanks very much Conluceo. I appreciate the clarification.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Thanks very much Conluceo. I appreciate the clarification.

you're welcome.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
TOC - show me one piece of irrefutable evidence that ANY of the UFO's reported originate from off-planet culture technology.

Just one is all I'm asking to see - just one piece of irrefutable evidence.

I think a much more logical question would have been to ask what the reaction would be if we finally learned that all of UFOlogy stories, myths and legends have been created and/or encouraged by government agencies to deflect and/or hide the technology gained after WWII from the German scientists and black ops projects.

To me, that's a much more logical question given there is not one shred of irrefutable evidence that ANY of the UFO's reported originate from off-planet culture technology.

Always,
Shawnna

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
sigung86 good post, I was going to post something similar a few days back but I'm glad I didn't because I've gotten answers from a different approach.

I was pretty much in between the believers/skeptics until my own sighting in 2003. After that I wasn't in the same position as a "believer" since I knew something else was out there...

Of course I won't go as far to say that I KNOW they were aliens but that's probably the best explaination. Other options would be super-secret government aircraft but then the question arises; "Where did they reverse-engineer that tech from?" hahah...

Like I said I've been wondering the same thing. This coming from this nutcase. You know in all my sarcasm I think the overblow skeptics (not just your average ones but the ones who are really malicious) are just as bad as the blind followers of the world.

The religion topic has come up -- sorry to the extremely faithful here but could you open your mind for a sec? I mean there can still be a God or Gods or whatever you believe coupled with life from beyond this world. We live in an amazing universe, after all. I've seen people's religions come and go. I've seen people abandon faith as well as adopt it. It leads me to feel that UFOs and sightings are a very individualistic sort of thing.

I think that even if aliens came down and had lunch with the president (whoever it may be), many people would still not know.

I could easily deny what I saw, just like some of the people that were with me did. But it doesn't change the fact that I saw something amazing and was able to cope with it a lot better than everyone else.

Plus the fact that it's unlikley that aliens would integrate into our society... who to believe? Would you believe it if it were on the news, if your friend told you, if you had the proof in your hand but didn't know what it was? Most people probably wouldn't get a chance to meet an E.T. ... all of this is rhetorical of course but my best guess at what the next step few step would be is one of patience for both sides.

We can't be expected to drop all of our petty beliefs immediately, so there'd be some kind of trasitionary period before the aliens would be able to "let us move in next door" I mean that in the hypothetical context of becoming part of our intergalactic neighborhood.

I think the government has been beating around the bush for a long time and the way things are the govts of the world are unlikely to relinquish power to ideas bigger than themselves and taxes and all.

Patience is the next step (for those who don't already know)... and we're still waiting. I hope you can understand my answer from this side of the computer screen.

B. Sage

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I don't start too many threads, because I am one of those people who can post to a thread and bring it up to a screeching halt. But ... I have a question, based on some supposition.

Let us, for the sake of this discussion, assume that aliens are real, and that UFOs really are their vehicles. Based on the fact that so many folks adently defend that point of view, I think that is fair. Now. Further supposition ... We finally get confirmation from the government that they have, actually, tracked and even perhaps, interfaced with aliens from another planet.

What do we do next?

In consideration to the many people on this forum...

Try to make the world acceptable to peaceful newcomers and prepare incase they become hostile. In this scenario it would be best to find out if they were peaceful or hostile.

Realistically...

Forget about Earth and ask to be brought off this pathetic excuse of a planet and live with them in a perfect utopia.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
widespread mob violence looting and panic.

if you live in apts in the city, i hope you don't live on the ground floor.

me and my ex, who was also into scifi, talked about this once after watching a movie.

i don't think i'd want to drive or even go outside for as long as is manageable. even then, i dunno, i think people woudl be violent regardless of whether they 'came in peace' or not (so to speak).

although running around and hurting other people and trying to leave the city would really accomplish nothing, because if aliens ever actually came here and were more intelligent than us, they could pretty much do w/e the hell they wanted to. imo.

[edit on 8/11/2006 by evanostrand]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What would we do...well lets hope they are friendly first as we all would be in some trouble if they are much more advanced than us.If they are friendly hopefully we can learn off them in ending diseases in our world but i think us humans would just want to build bigger weapons against each other.

Toc

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
TOC - show me one piece of irrefutable evidence that ANY of the UFO's reported originate from off-planet culture technology.

I think a much more logical question would have been to ask what the reaction would be if we finally learned that all of UFOlogy stories, myths and legends have been created and/or encouraged by government agencies to deflect and/or hide the technology gained after WWII from the German scientists and black ops projects.

To me, that's a much more logical question given there is not one shred of irrefutable evidence that ANY of the UFO's reported originate from off-planet culture technology.

Always,
Shawnna

Shawnna, prove me that protons and neutrons exist and i'll accept the atomic theories...until i see one proton, atoms don't exist.

What kind of proof do you want? Do you want alien body parts? A piece of spacecraft? An ETV landing in your backyard maybe?

Dr Greer has witnesses with radar tapes and documents and 450 witnesses. I'm not sure but can someone tell me if any court ever had so many people willing to testify for any given case?

The NASA Video: You would have to be pretty darn blind to not understand those globes of lights aren't ice...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied

I forgot to add that a perhaps even more logical question is could it be the UFOlogy myths (e.g. Roswell, Area 51, Alien Abductions... not the UFO phenomenon itself which might be real) were created for personal gain (e.g. financial or otherwise) or even as part of a religious conspiracy and it has nothing to do with the government?

See Slerpo FMI

AD and Shawnna, you are both correct, the questions are probably more logical, but you are missing the gist of my original post. All things being hypothetical, and equal, and the government finally admits the reality of the UFO ... What do we do then.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toc

Always,
Shawnna

Shawnna, prove me that protons and neutrons exist and i'll accept the atomic theories...until i see one proton, atoms don't exist.

Well I know that this is rhetorical question... base on trying to present a case very similar to what is asked about by another.

But I'll answer them both... you want to see a proton, look at your hand you'll see billions of billions of billions of them. You want to see one proton? Get an electronic microscope or develope one even better to observe an atom and see a proton.

You want to see a UFO, wait until 2012... if you want to see one sooner learn telepathy. You want to see one without learning telepathy, get a telescope and just have some patience. You want to see an alien, wait until 2012. Can't wait that long? Learn telepathy. Can't learn that? Learn something about neurology and human behavior, go outside for some extraterrestrial hunting. Just find a human who displays a behavior not found in human beings and annoy that person until he or she confesses on being an extraterrestrial.

A concrete behavior of an extraterrestrial is not being able to properly digest plants or animals. They eat fungus. So if you find a human that can't eat any plants or animals, it is more than likely an extraterrestrial in disquise as a human. Just annoy him or her in any fashion that exhibits the best frustration and annoyance in anyone. Such as blowwing air in their eyes or in their ear. Do so for about a few minutes and they'll convey what their true identity is.

You could force them to watch Pokemon and that'll do the same thing. In fact it might even more more efficient.

If they don't start screaming and panicking after the first three episodes, then bring them back where they were and appologize for the misconduct.

Now if you don't want to abduct people off the streets, then I'd suggest you make a broadcaster like those that broadcast TV messages to satelites and just target a region in outerspace, at the Earth (some of them live underground on the Earth), and at the oceans (some of them live in the oceans). And you should have some very nice feedback.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   

AD and Shawnna, you are both correct, the questions are probably more logical, but you are missing the gist of my original post. All things being hypothetical, and equal, and the government finally admits the reality of the UFO ... What do we do then.

You mean what we do now? As I've already tried to point out in this post here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Contrary to popular belief, I believe the government has already "admitted" the reality of UFOs...

- No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

- There has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represent technological developments or principals beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge.

- There has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" are extraterrestrial vehicles.

The last two points are the one that seems to throw everybody off the most. As Sir Winston Churchill might say... it’s “a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma"... or not depending on how you look at it.

It is easy to see... if they are extreaterrestrial, then why would they be categorized as unidentified, especially since they have been identified as of extraterrestrial origin. Obviously the extraterrestrials are not a threat and their technology follows parallel to our own present scientific understandings, especially considering what we got from the Nazis after WW2.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't read too much into the memo. Like Timeseer pointed out, it basically says 'none of the ones we identified were unidentified, and all of the unidentified ones remain unidentified, but are probably terrestrial in origin and around or below our technology base, as the US is one of the more advanced nations on the planet.'

I also like how the memo points out that the Department of Defense is no longer investigating UFOs. That in no way should even implythat the government isn't investigating them. Although, I would like to say that I find it irresponsible of them to ignore any unidentified aircraft that may enter our airspace. (/sarcasm)

As to the original question of the thread, I'd say what happens next depends on the circumstances surrounding this 'forced disclosure.' If it's imminant invasion, the reaction would probably be greatly different than if SETI finally picks up some identifiable radio signals of extraterrestrial origin.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timeseer
It is easy to see... if they are extreaterrestrial, then why would they be categorized as unidentified, especially since they have been identified as of extraterrestrial origin. Obviously the extraterrestrials are not a threat and their technology follows parallel to our own present scientific understandings, especially considering what we got from the Nazis after WW2.

Bzzzt... wrong... but now you're thinking.

Hmm... I'm thinking of a key word that starts with an o and ends with a r... what could it be?

P.S. Notsees have nothing to do with it.

Wrong? Please... you are just saying that because it didn't came out of your mouth.

But hey it is what we humans are, egocentric bastards.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You mean what we do now? As I've already tried to point out in this post here...

Contrary to popular belief, I believe the government has already "admitted" the reality of UFOs...

- No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

- There has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represent technological developments or principals beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge.

- There has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" are extraterrestrial vehicles.

The last two points are the one that seems to throw everybody off the most. As Sir Winston Churchill might say... it’s “a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma"... or not depending on how you look at it.

So this means that the Air Force has never reported, investigated, and evaluated any UFO that has ever given any indication of threat to our national security. Right?

If the sightings are categorized as "Identified" as extraterrestrial space craft then do they represent technological developments or principals beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge? Present-day seems like a "Key phrase", perhaps.

But what if they are categorized by the people making this statement as "Identified as spacecraft from another world"????

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

So this means that the Air Force has never reported, investigated, and evaluated any UFO that has ever given any indication of threat to our national security. Right?

Or it could mean that all extraterrestrial crafts that have been reported, investigated, or evaluated were of no threat to our national security.

If the sightings are categorized as "Identified" with extraterrestrial space craft then do they represent technological developments or principals beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge? Present-day seems like a "Key phrase", perhaps.

There is a considerable account of Nazis possessing the know it how to develope saucer like craft. America seized that documentation and used it for whatever they could against the soviets. That was back in 1945. Certainly with all the progress that we have done in 60 years, we could easily have enough access to superior technological understandings to say that we do know how these craft fly and they don't bypass any knowledge that we certainly possess as of the present-day.

So it can mean that too...

But what if they are categorized by the people making this statement as "Identified as spacecraft from another world"????

Exactly my point...

"A riddle has no single answer, for there is always more than one correct interpretation" - Quoted from a Draconian Prince.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Timeseer]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The problem with that theory is we're talking about Blue Book case files (the context) and there was no category for identified (extraterrestrial)... only identified (known, IFO), unidentified (unknown, UFO), and not enough data (miscellaneous).

Curious if this is the same guy, seems have had similiar titles, and the same name, but if it is it would be a long career.

Anyways, found an e-mail for Harold Heilsnis the guy who signed the letter concenring the Blue Book findings....

[email protected]

So, email him and ask him personnally.

Let me know how it turns out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join