It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't underestimate Al Qaeda's obsession.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Like al-Qaida's decade-long effort to bring down the World Trade Center in New York, first in 1993 and then, disastrously, in 2001, the latest plot to blow up commercial airliners reveals the group's unwavering resolve, Mendoza said.

"These people are obsessed," he said. "They will try and try and try again to accomplish their mission.

If they fail the first time, they will try it again. They are not easily deterred by just one failure, or the one after. Similar to the failure to take down the towers back in 1993, remember the U.S.S. Cole? Previously, the terrorists try to target another American destroyer earlier, but their boat sank because of too much explosives. So they try again, this time successfully hitting the U.S.S. Cole. Don't underestimate a bunch of people who people assume live in caves for life.

O yeah similar to this one, forgot to add.

Mendoza was among the law enforcement officers involved in thwarting a scheme by al-Qaida terror mastermind Ramzi Yousef to use liquid explosives to blow up a dozen airliners in 1995 as they flew across the Pacific to U.S. destinations, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Honolulu and New York.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You're a government agent or what? We don't need the boogeyman propaganda here, we have enough of that crap on TV. Be AFRAID!! TERRORISTS!!! VOTE REPUBLICAN!!! GIVE US YOURE LIBERTIES!! 9/11!!! ACCEPT ID CARDS!!! BE CHIPPED!!!

Please, stop propaganda.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Uhuh, so if the planes were blown out of the sky, you still be accusing me of propaganda eh? Just informing people to be aware, then needing to be watching tv where thousands may have been killed to remind you of Al Qaeda, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Screaming at someone you disagree with and calling them a 'gobment agent' would be propaganda. Avoiding the points of the discussion and resorting to meaningless rhetoric and insults is propaganda.

Like al-Qaida's decade-long effort to bring down the World Trade Center in New York, first in 1993 and

Since when did al-qaida do the 93 bombing? I understand that some of the people in that plot were connected to zawahiri, but that was before he was in al-qaida no?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
You're a government agent or what? We don't need the boogeyman propaganda here, we have enough of that crap on TV. Be AFRAID!! TERRORISTS!!! VOTE REPUBLICAN!!! GIVE US YOURE LIBERTIES!! 9/11!!! ACCEPT ID CARDS!!! BE CHIPPED!!!

Ah... you must of been watching Fox News Channel all day or listening to Bill O'Riley lol..... Your either with us or against us right, Good and Evil and all that.

Unfortunately deltaboy is on the right track, more attacks will come and you will see your civil rights slip away.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
breaking news, i think al-queda is trying to kill americans, just saw it on TV like 5 min ago, i was amazed.. how could they?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It was called Operation Bojinka. Yousef carried out a practice run on a Philippine airliner, that failed and only killed one person. They were later caught making explosives in an apartment in the Philippines. They had plans to assassinate the Pope, crash a plane into CIA headquarters, and destroy 11 airliners simultaneously over the Pacific and South China Sea.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This was the exact same plan that was stopped in 95 that called for destroying airliners over the Pacific.

They will not stop until they succeed in showing the world that they are still here. This is not about oil (prices dropped), or Bush . This is about pissed of religious fringers who are still pissed that the US entered SA during Gulf I and have been trying to hit us ever since.

There are no Ipods or internet, and you have an indigent people. Ones who would follow a believer who thinks that Jews should be eradicated. If enough people believe, you can create a following that will go to the ends of the earth. Sounds like a mustached guy I read about a few times. 9/11 was to the WOT what Pearl Harbor was to WW2. It made us participants, not voyuers.

Bin Ladens son was released from an Iranian jail recently and currently is running operations in Lebanon. This is a multi-generational group of hate that is building in a region that beleives in some pretty strong ideas about the coming of the end. I am not for sending soldiers to help there, as they can all keep fighting as long as I am concerned.

But whatever it takes to let me know that I can go to sleep at night and feel safe, so be it. I mean, if the CIA/Bush/Neocons wanted martial law so bad, wouldn't they have already done it. I mean, if you are going to do something of that magnitude, do you really give a S*** when the elections are held. That is such a weak arguement, that this is some type of fear mongering.

It was help from Pakistani intel and US com intel that helped stop these attacks and the dry runs.

Do not leave in fear or paranoia, only vigilance is necessary.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Since when did al-qaida do the 93 bombing? I understand that some of the people in that plot were connected to zawahiri, but that was before he was in al-qaida no?

Has nothing to do with Al Zawahiri. However, Ramsey Yousef (perpetrator of 1993 bombing on the twin towers) is the nephew of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (captured couple of years ago) who was the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, and is an important member of Al Qaida.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that there was never and is not any hard evidence that Al Qieda initiated the 9/11 attacks.

Oh, I forgot those INTACT terrorist passports that the FBI found at the WTC after the attacks amongst all that rubble, then subsequently seemed to lose and then deny all knowledge of.

Amazing how people forget these things isnt it?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkUK
I would just like to point out that there was never and is not any hard evidence that Al Qieda initiated the 9/11 attacks.

Its amazing how people seem to forget Osama's explanation why he attacked America who he views as enemy of Islam and why he did it in justification. Amazing isn't it?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ok, and you dont believe that the US has lied about bin laden in the slightest? If not answer me this, why have they not mentioned him in the past couple of years? Why has he not appeard on television in 2 years? Why is it always his second in command? You would have thought the US would want him still, as he is the FBI's most wanted. They seem to have just given up on looking for him. And as I said, bin laden never admitted to the attacks himself...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Uhuh, so if the planes were blown out of the sky, you still be accusing me of propaganda eh? Just informing people to be aware, then needing to be watching tv where thousands may have been killed to remind you of Al Qaeda, don't you think?

And what of the tens of thousands killed by US troops whilst 'freeing' the people from these terrible terrorist states? I dont suppose the people of Iraq feel very 'free' at the moment...

The US is no better than the terrorists themselves, they just have bigger guns and bigger bombs.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

And what of the tens of thousands killed by US troops whilst 'freeing' the people from these terrible terrorist states? I dont suppose the people of Iraq feel very 'free' at the moment...

The US is no better than the terrorists themselves, they just have bigger guns and bigger bombs.

O really, it seems to me that Iraqis are killing more Iraqis themselves in Iraq then American troops are. Makes you wonder why they don't feel free. Must be the anger between different peoples. Even without bigger guns and bombs, the insurgents and terrorists seems to kill more people with small arms and carbombs and trucks just fine, they don't need fighter bombers or artillery.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

O really, it seems to me that Iraqis are killing more Iraqis themselves in Iraq then American troops are. Makes you wonder why they don't feel free. Must be the anger between different peoples. Even without bigger guns and bombs, the insurgents and terrorists seems to kill more people with small arms and carbombs and trucks just fine, they don't need fighter bombers or artillery.

The 'insurgents' as you put it are only setting off car bombs and blowing themselves up because they have no other way of defending themselves and what remains of their country. Bear in mind that they would not be doing this if US and UK troops were not occupying their country.
Let me ask you this, if a foreign power decided that your country could do with a regieme change and invaded and destroyed a lot of infrastucture and killed a lot of your fellow citizens along with murdering and raping women and girls, what would you do? would you sit idly by and do nothing except accept your new rulers? or would you go out into the street and fight for your country?
The question is entirely hypothetical before you go sprouting off that no one could invade your country etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The 'insurgents' as you put it are only setting off car bombs and blowing themselves up because they have no other way of defending themselves and what remains of their country. Bear in mind that they would not be doing this if US and UK troops were not occupying their country.

Thats no excuse for intentionally killing innocent people in the name of chaos and terror. Targeting mosques, markets, funerals, etc.

Let me ask you this, if a foreign power decided that your country could do with a regieme change and invaded and destroyed a lot of infrastucture and killed a lot of your fellow citizens along with murdering and raping women and girls, what would you do? would you sit idly by and do nothing except accept your new rulers?

I fight for my country but not to the point of terrorizing the population who refuses to join the insurgency and to terrorize where the new govt. couldn't protect their own people.

I could post an example where a suicide bomber just recently attacked a mosque filled with devout Muslims (no American or British soldiers nearby or in the mosque and not even allowed in anyways since they are not Muslims unless they converted). It must be justifiable in resisting the occupiers don't you think?
I'm certain you supported that attack.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Thats no excuse for intentionally killing innocent people in the name of chaos and terror. Targeting mosques, markets, funerals, etc.

I dont support the killing of innocents, on either side. Granted there are those extremists who would give their lives to kill innocents, which is completely wrong. What I am pointing out is that before slating these extremists for killing innocents, remember that the govenrment of the US is run by Christian extremists who's troops are commiting all kinds of atrocities themselves in Iraq. US troops have been accused over and over recently of raping women and girls and murdering whole families. Supposedly 'professional' US troops getting drunk on whiskey and deciding they want to kill someone. These people are sick, they should not be soldiers. You dont see UK troops raping and murdering civilians.
Then what do you get? Mr Bush on TV saying how the insurgents are the cause of Iraq's problems. Rubbish. The invasion by America and the UK in Iraq has done nothing more than completely destory that country. The place is in a far worse state that it was before. Both sides are at fault, as it always has been. Its simply a case of religion versus religion as it has been for thousands of years.
Only thing being is that the US has only been involved in world affairs for the past few hundred years, an immature, inexperienced state when compared to European and middle eastern countries who have been around for thousands of years.
The US needs to grow up and mature as a nation and realise that they are not in charge of 'policing' the world. You cannot force democracy on a people, they have to be ready for it and in my opinion the Iraqi people are not ready for such a transition.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by DarkUK]

[edit on 11-8-2006 by DarkUK]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Have a WATS, dude

You have voted DarkUK for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
for those who put ramsey yousef aligned with al quaida mob, please review his lifestyle, he was not a fundamentalist, rather a playboy of the western world, You have to find proof that he was a psycho or a secret agent for a country. Please research your information before posting dwadle?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
So the officla story is that Al-Quaeda is attacking other muslems based on religious differences. They just hate those shia`t alii and everyboody on their side should flock to Iraq to bomb other muslems standing in lines in front of police-offices or in their churches. Ok ! Osama prefers to focus on us combat troops in Iraq in stead of civilian infrastructure. USarmy is in Iraq to keep iraqis from blowing up iraqis. Hm. Ok ! They would do that now anyway. It could of course be the heat. People go mad under that scorching sun. One of the official hijackers trained with bert chavez from the jedi warroir project. That smells funny. The towers went down during a nato joint exercice. And all the other discrepancies. Maybe fox moulder was getting close to those kennedy-killer in the military industrial complex ? Or maybe they needed to readjust the numbers of ownership to keep up with the expanding economies outside of central western control ? Who knows ? Reread the lord of the rings please. He got befuddled and that is the most conservative of the three main systems. The conservative hood\hat. They have\had three major systems to feed into you while you sleep. Conservative, liberal and rasta\gangsta. Might change that and expand though. You cut of one head and two new grows out..........

Divide and conquer as the saying goes ! When somebody gets to close to truth you just feed them to much truth and a few bits of religion. I mean, now adays you can get religion in pills and in sprays.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join