It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports bottles with false bottoms to be triggered by camera flashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Seems that there is a little more information about why no one can have or bring drinks on board, as well as drinking containers. They were to use sports bottles, with false bottoms.

The suspected terror plotters arrested in Britain had planned to conceal their liquid or gel explosives inside a modified sports beverage drink container and trigger the device with the flash from a disposable camera.

blogs.abcnews.com...

This shows that there are people out there who are trying desperately to find a way to circumvent the security in place. This is very very similar to a 95 plot connected to an Al-Qeada member. Knock back that Red bull before you fly, because it may be a long time before you can do it again if this is true.

The fact that they were also going to use the flash energy from a disposal camera is a scary thought. Can't jam a camera flash like a cell.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well at first read I didn't understand how they could utilize the flash as a triggering
device. But apparently this former kid knew how it could be done.

I think they meant the disassembled camera flash. I used to take them apart and use them as tasers when I was a kid.

new topics

join