It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Storm- Calgary, Alberta

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I live in Tampa also and it's almost a daily thing to have electric storms.

We've learned that even if the sun is shining you can be hit by lightning.

They sure are scary.

DSO

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Looks like were set for another good round of t-storms today. 30C high tempurature, smokey atmoshpere, and a cold front/trough that are coming through could combine to give us a powerful light show, damageing winds, and big hail. Stay safe and post if you see anything. We will see if anything develops. Check back for updates.

DSO

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
sorry to post again, but did anyone see the clouds out there tonight, some of the strangest looking i've seen since the big storm a couple of weeks ago, good thing theres no lightning or much rain/hail. I still think were in for some strong and strange storms even though the past few "perfect storm" days haven't panned out.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My friend at this moment is in a place called birch bay ranch in Calgary.

She has told me on the phone about these mad deep purple towering storm clouds and the violence associated with them. I wait to see the video she has got on her video camera.... i love storms I think their ace.

DSO

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Another thing i've noticed with these storms is that infront of them there is a strong smell of forest fire smoke. I remember one storm, the smell was so strong you started to sneeze and cough. I think this is one of the main reasons we've been seeing such strange storms, there is alot more particulate matter in the atmosphere thus allowing the clouds, hail and lightining to form at a faster pace. I would be intrested in comments from people in the southern US and other areas that experence alot of particulate matter/ forest fire smoke to see if there is a connection to the stronger storms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join