It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SECOND SURVEY RESULTS ARE IN!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Another fine survey result.

As of this writing, 155 people have responded to our second survey that asked questions specific to the quality of content on the AboveTopSecret.com discussion board. Overall, most people seem to be pleased with the material here.

Here are the running results:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Question 1 asked the general question: On the whole, how would you rate the overall quality of the material posted by other members on ATS?

57% said, Pretty good. Mostly great posts, with a smattering of crap.
37% said, Average. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, just average.

Not bad really. While we certainly aspire to be better than average, more than half of you think the contributions of our members is indeed above average. But about one-third feels we're average, so perhaps we might consider some effort here.

Question 4 is a question I wanted to watch closely: Please pick the statement that best describes your response to this: I think all the newbies posting the same topics over and over again really hurt overall quality.

The response on this one is spread pretty broad, however, when you look at the combinations of those who don't care, with those who like it or don't mind, we get slightly over two-thirds of our members. This was a surprise, it seems most people either aren't bothered by repeats posts (I think we can assume the repeat is not over a period of days), or like to see "new blood" rehashing old ideas.

The other questions are all giving us great material. Half of you think the points help post quality, while only 22% think it hasn't. A lot of you also think the debate forum is helping overall content quality on the board.

Overall, again, I'm very pleased with the response and especially the turnout for this second survey. We're already discussing some ideas in Cosmic based on the results of these surveys. Thank you everyone for helping us.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
good stuff

hopefully the appropriate changes can be made...
judging by the highest scores..but then should that be looked at as the majority's right?
i have reason to believe that some adjustments should be made to suit all, not just those yelling the loudest.
this is so subject to contradictions

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
yep.. BIG CHANGES ARE COMING SOON!! as they once said!

keep with the feedback will's your onto a winner i thinks..

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I couldn't take the second test because I haven't really been around long enough to judge how changes have affected things. Personally I think that the sites great and its good to know that you actually listen to suggestions.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
I couldn't take the second test because I haven't really been around long enough to judge how changes have affected things. Personally I think that the sites great and its good to know that you actually listen to suggestions.

You're onto something there, pantha, well said.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
as i said earlier anything to help out the site

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Is it possible to have posted here, or in a new topic, the overall results and analysis, as the mods and admin see it from their point of view, when completely hashed thru?

I know the current results pages are probubly statistically accurate, but after some delving thru the numbers and comments, it would be interesting to me, as to the overall 'perception' of the reading of the results, from those who are currently discussing them.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I had one more idea
Put a dedicated bar/button labeled "latest UFO Pics"
and link it to the Google Ads

my popup blocker kills em

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think Cyrus made a good point...Take a look at the number of people that actually *did* the surveys & compare it to the number of members who've actually logged in at any time the surveys were active. Kind of looks like American Voter-Apathy Syndrome, doesn't it?

I hope the staff takes a look at how vocal the *overall* membership was as well as the survey results when you're trying to make improvements to ATS...After all, the people who've logged in during that time frame & *didn't* take the surveys may be presumed to be sufficiantly satisfied with ATS as it is now...If they would've thought ATS *needs* improvement, then they should've taken the surveys.

Originally posted by straterx
I had one more idea
Put a dedicated bar/button labeled "latest UFO Pics"
and link it to the Google Ads

my popup blocker kills em

Have you considered turning off the blocker just long enough to get what you want & then turning it back on again?...Or do you hate dealing with popups, even temporarily for a mere few minutes, so much that you'd rather miss the good stuff?

Personally, I just close them before they can fully open up...It's the Cookies I don't like to deal with because they actually *save something to your hard drive* that I may not want. I just have my OS set to warn me of cookies & lets me choose which ones get downloaded.

Yeah, I know that some popups use cookies too, but at least I can make a choice...And then delete cookies later. After all, if you accept a lot of cookies, you wind up with a bunch of crumbs too...

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, he've had over 50% response for both surveys. Having some experience with surveys of this type, anything over 20% is considered successful.

And yes, we will be combining some of the things we'd like to add/change along with some known comments of members with the overall survey statistics when we compile a more complete opinion on the response and steps we'll take.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Is There Underlying Bias, contained in 2d Survey?

When your COSMIC meetings/consultations unfold,
...? keep scales balanced?..
for example- i find the televised discussions with William F Buckley...with all his airs, stiffness, pomposity...quite entertaining at times & really boorish at other times.

i would think a Required/non-redundant/Proof-Read/Thrice edited for publication/Exacto-Mundo/Polished dialog/= Post by community member, would be 'channeled' into certain areas:

*RESEARCH/THESIS/PROFUNDITY FORUMS
*existing DEBATE FORUM
*new*above-Stratospheric top secret FORUM
*new* MENSA'MERICA FORUM

thus leaving a broad landscape (of exchange)...
for those of us with human frailty & shortcomings/et al:
as a result the verticle profile-> BelowTS->AboveTS->[heavenly abode?]TS?

----> s/schizophrenic riff raff

top topics

join