It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does today's failed terror plot change your mind regarding 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
To the people who believe 9/11 was an inside job...

If it's proven that Al Qaeda was behind today's plot to blow up numerous airliners headed for the US (and it’s looking like they are) does that change your mind at all as to who was actually behind 9/11?

Does this plot reinforce the theory (or fact, depending on who you believe) that Al Qaeda was really responsible for 9/11 as we’ve been told all along?

Just curious.

Admin edit: To correct typo in title.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
With the calling of national guard, Bush decalring this evidence we are at war and that America should not forget that, no it actually solidifys my belief this Terror is being organized by the Government. This is not the first twarted attack, the gov usesw these schemes to make them apear to be doing something. Amazing that they raid everyone ON the day of the attack, not 6 months before hand or what ever, trying to be james bond I s'pose. We have been fooled, and the calling of the military to take over our airports should show people how easy fear would allow the military to take over, if a crisis severe enough happened how easy would it be to dissolve congress??? We are playing with our freedoms.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Britain, the USA, and all those who joined into the illegal War on Terror in the Middle East have all set themselves up for retaliatory attacks. Terrorism is defined as illegal use of force and so I imagine terrorist retaliation against the western terror attacks in the Middle East will be a staple of life for everybody for years to come.

Even if 9/11 wasn't an organized crime conspiracy within the U.S. and foreign governments, what the USA and its Coalition of the Willing have committed against the people of the Middle East can easily be seen as a pretext for any actual terror attacks that take place within western nations.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Britain, the USA, and all those who joined into the illegal War on Terror in the Middle East have all set themselves up for retaliatory attacks. Terrorism is defined as illegal use of force and so I imagine terrorist retaliation against the western terror attacks in the Middle East will be a staple of life for everybody for years to come.

Even if 9/11 wasn't an organized crime conspiracy within the U.S. and foreign governments, what the USA and its Coalition of the Willing have committed against the people of the Middle East can easily be seen as a pretext for any actual terror attacks that take place within western nations.

Whatever

The war on terror started AFTER 9/11 so this would be happening anyways.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
doesnt change my view on 9/11. But i hate how they call it "war on terror". History shows us that so called "wars" on ideaology never work. Vietnam was a war on communism,and the dumbest one......war on drugs
. We see how well that war on drugs is goin.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A little from column A; a little from column B.

Do I think the gov organized a terror attack on the US? YES!

Do I think there are also terror groups in this country that are willing to commit harm in the name of their God? YES

These groups have always been around same face different garb but each time we encounter these threats in propegates more fear. And that is why I think 911 was orchestrated to initilize the fear

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more kuhl!

The "illegal War on Terror?" What does that even mean. What about the illegal destruction of the twin towers? Oh yeah, the US govt blew those up. Grow up people. I knew this would happen when I heard the news reports this morning...I knew you folks would be screaming inside job!

I am tired of hearing people defend these fascists who want to kill me for no reason!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Everybody please relax. This is just another Israeli 'false flag' operation designed to take the heat off their losses in Lebanon and to give a boost to pro-war candidates in the U.S. Have another beer and let the 'omigoditsthearabmuslimterroristsagain' go in one ear and out the other.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
John,
Correct in nearly every way. Further clarified as a Zionist 'false flag op'. We can't mesh all Israelis into that evil cabal.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
To the people who believe 9/11 was an inside job...

If it's proven that Al Qaeda was behind today's plot to blow up numerous airliners headed for the US (and it’s looking like they are) does that change your mind at all as to who was actually behind 9/11?

Nope. I do believe that Al-Qaeda was involved in some capacity in 9/11. Tools used by the governments of the US and Israel. Just because terrorists were involved does not mean the government had no hand in it either.

If anything, today's fiasco has strengthened my opinions about 9/11 being an inside job.

Does this plot reinforce the theory (or fact, depending on who you believe) that Al Qaeda was really responsible for 9/11 as we’ve been told all along?

No. And since I dont trust the majority of information from the media and the government, it is unlikely they could ever come up with evidence to disprove all the other masses of evidence accumulated in favor of 9/11 conspiracy theory.

Just curious.

Curiosity is always a good thing!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
John,
Correct in nearly every way. Further clarified as a Zionist 'false flag op'. We can't mesh all Israelis into that evil cabal.

I stand corrected. Thanks YIAWETA.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i personally believe that everytime something like this happens it takes away more of our freedom and the governments have more control. now this goes along with more of how i feel that one day they'll tell people how they can get freedom back and move along the way they use too. just come and lets do a background check on you and you will receive a new idee of some kind (a mark) and they know your not a terriost so they'll say, and for those who dont take this mark or let them do this back ground check are consider a terriost. and they will be the ones everyone else will be looking for. they have already got chips that can be linked to peoples brain that can move a robtic limb. which seems to me that maybe they can put the toughts into people through the mark or chip that the person who does not have this mark is a terriost and most be reported. i believe it will happen slow at first volentarly for your freedom. they'll say that if you dont want to stand in long lines you can get this new type of idee and since people is all about speed most will do it. i believe it will take years for it to be the way they want it but were getting closer to this new form or idee everyday. im not good at expressing what i am trying to say and my spelling sucks so i can just hope this came out ok.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes, it changes my mind to the fact that we now have coordianted efforts by many organizations who share information and can thwart attacks such as this.

And to Mel gibson who keeps popping in the threads declaring it a Mossad false flag. Do you really think they have time for that??? I think thier plate is full right now.

ALso, How could thwarting a bombing in another country help the polls for the Republicans, or used to their benefit? It was ANOTHER country folks!!!

My administration doesn't frustate me as much as my fellow citizens....

df1

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by undecided2
The "illegal War on Terror?" What does that even mean.

According to the US constitution the congress has the power to declare war and the president has the power to wage war. The president cannot legally wage war in the absence of a declaration of war from Congress. Congress has not declared war, thus the war on terror is illegal.

I am tired of hearing people defend these fascists who want to kill me for no reason!

Im tired of my rights being eroded because a bunch of "chicken littles" think the sky is falling.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by df1]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's no secret that a lot of us are expecting another inside job, as in another 9/11 or bigger. These smaller attacks, or "almost" attacks are nothing. You'll see much worse.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I feel if today's plot would have succeeded it would have been on the scale, terroristically, of 9/11.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nah, we'd have to see it for it to really sink in. Drawn out over a few hours, in the morning of course, and then played over and over and over again on TV for weeks, months. The alleged threat was airplane bombings, right? It'd be hard to recreate that 9/11 effect with something like that, I would imagine.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Im tired of my rights being eroded because a bunch of "chicken littles" think the sky is falling.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by df1]

You have voted df1 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

The best thing Ive heard all day.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This "terror plot" is so transparent it could almost be humorous if it wasn't so blatantly pandering to the fear of the true believers. This propaganda is so effective that even normally thinking individuals buy into it "whole hog."

These type of propaganda devices will increase until the November elections, culminating in a loss of innocent life, blamed on terrorist, killers, evil doers, al qaeda, or some other Muslim extremest group; maybe even a newly manufactured one with with a real scary name.

I can see the campaign slogans now. "How can you trust the cut and run Dembs with the safety of your child's future." This will work like a charm as we shred the constitution and march lock step to a new fascist future.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This "attack" has been a long time comming and I'm actualy glad its brought out as a large scale "twarted" attack and not a real one like 9/11.

Bush, Blair and Cheney's approval ratings were going rockbottom, almost nearing hell(where these guys belong) and everyone should've seen this comming over the last 2 years. Heck many of us have been saying that everyone can expect a new attack that might be equal or worse then 9/11 once these guys felt that support for them was getting a bit to low.

The bringing out of the book by the 2 9/11 commission members(which was a dem and a rep, not just some dem trying to hurt the reps), the House report on 9/11, the goverments stonewalling and other missconducts, and other official actions being taken against these sicko's prompted this.

The heat was on sorta speak.

You can be glad we were wrong in thinking people wouldn't still be as easely fooled into submission by a large scale "twarted" attack.

If we had been right, it would mean 3000 or more people would've died again in this PR stunt.

Sure hope the people who were taking official action against these whackjobs running the US aren't detered from continuing their work and definatly hope this event doesn't bring Bush and Cheney's approval ratings soring back to the 90%'s like they did on 9/11.

[edit on 10/8/06 by thematrix]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join