It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the freak candidates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have been a Libertarian internally for twenty-six years, but 2004 was the first time that I voted LP for President ever. The thing that bothers me the most about the party is the wack jobs we so often field for office. In my state, Kansas, there is a guy who recently ran for state office and wore a colonial period uniform to serious events. They were not on Halloween.

df1

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moon Pie
The thing that bothers me the most about the party is the wack jobs we so often field for office.

As opposed to the whack jobs fielded by the democratic & republican political parties? If you want to talk about whack jobs, the demopublican clowns that got elected to congress from these two parties actually voted on the patriot act without reading it and abdicated their duty to vote on a declaration of war to executive branch.

I will vote for the guy in the colonial period uniform rather than demopublican politcal hacks that do not even have a vague familiarity of their duties under the US constitution.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
aint that the truth DF1..... you know what though... we need to elect Steven Colbert and John stewart to office.... and start electing a different kind of wacko to office....

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The Libertarian Party is not the only party that fields, as you put it, "whack jobs" as candidates. In the last presidential election, the candidates that both the Republican and Democratic parties fielded -- Bush and Kerry -- are members of the Skull and Bones Fraternity.

One might make note of a Libertarian Party candidate and dismiss that person on the grounds that the candidate wore a period costume of an early American pioneer and patriot. Do we even make note that both Bush and Kerry wore silken, hooded, robes while participating in a secret ceremony involving the supposed bones of Geronimo, bonfires, torches, chants, rituals and, according to some, human sacrifice?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why all the freak candidates?

To continue the trend of freaks we now have.

Freak or not, i dont believe we will make it past Dick & George. They're here to stay. Come hell or high waters.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Actually, what I was looking for was not a critique of the major candidates. You do not need to convince me that I do not want them.

My question is: What is it about the party that causes wack-jobs to think that they will be taken seriously? I would like to see some more in office, but those freaks cause serious public relations problems.

df1

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moon Pie
My question is: What is it about the party that causes wack-jobs to think that they will be taken seriously?

I do not accept your assertion that LP candidates are whack jobs. 99.9% of libertarian candidates dress like everyone else and do not campaign in a costume.

new topics

top topics

join