It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspension of freedom now normal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The UK might have to modify its freedoms in the short term in order to prevent their "misuse and abuse" by terrorists, John Reid has said.
He conceded that was never an easy request, but it was up to everyone to ask: "What price our security, at what cost can we preserve our freedoms?"

The UK faced its "most sustained period of severe threat since the end of World War II", the home secretary warned.

He urged people from all communities to help by being vigilant.

Source.

Already the call to suspend freedom has become normal. I'm not saying that this terrorism alert isn't real. But is this a sign of things to come? Once a population has become accustomed to suspension of freedom, how hard would it be for a regime that seeks to enslave and control to abuse these powers? Would the population at large even notice?

[edit on 10/8/06 by Implosion]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Awwwww, what are you complaining about? its only a little bit of freedom after all, and besides, the only ones who will suffer are those filthy terrorist scum anyway! I mean, if youre innocent, what do you have to hide?

Now just step over here and give us your blood, dna, urine samples along with a thumb, finger, handprint, and retina scan so we can add you to our citizen database so we can make sure youre not a terrorist.

This NWO announcement is brought to you by the nice folks at the Bilderbergers, trilateral Commision, and funded in part by the generosity of the Rothschilds.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree. Whats a little bit of freedom out the window in order to protect us all from those nasty terrorists???

Bring on the NWO. It's been slow in coming. I'd rather already "be" at whatever state we're going to go to, than to have to suffer thru more terror. Lets get it over with. This NWO is slower than the 2nd coming of Jesus.

This is taking way to long.... i'd rather lose it all in one day.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You guys probaby know already, but I don't. Did he say this before or after the so called "foiled attacks"?????????????????? When were those exactly? I've heard 1am Est time, so that would make it 6am uk??

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You guys probaby know already, but I don't. Did he say this before or after the so called "foiled attacks

It was made in light of these "foiled attacks".

In an emergency statement, Home Secretary John Reid said police had disrupted a "major threat to the UK".

Transport Secretary Douglas Alexander said that significant delays would no doubt occur at airports across the UK.

You can watch it here. [Go to UK and click: "Reid on 'major threat to UK' "]

U.S. President George W. Bush said the plan was a stark reminder his country was at "war with Islamic fascists".

Source.

[edit on 10/8/06 by Implosion]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There's George...reminding us all of the terror....

Oh, yes.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

In further news:

A new unholyterrorist-islamofacist-evilbastard-satanicdevil's plot has indicated insurgents can drink an assortment of soda pop and dairy products that will make them human incendiary devices. Activation to explode themselves requires a simple gnashing teeth to the phrase of "Allah Akbar Baddabing Baddaboom!"

Homeland Security will begin banning all citizens from travel and recommends that the general public should stay in their basements with duct tape and tinfoil until mid-November.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Wauw, what a suprise, bush said it reminded him of the treath, what a suprprise, how convinient also, more and more people wake up to september 11 and suddenly there he says, SEE ALL TERRORISTS.
He is actually warning us that he was right wtf?
also, regenmacher, that last part was a joke right?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Wait, if we give up our freedoms and live in fear don't the "terrorists" win?

Bush said, after 9/11, that the "terrorists" want to disrupt our way of life.

Isn't our "way of life" based on the freedoms and liberties that the Constitution gave us?

Are we really expected to give up "our way of life" and let the "terrorists" win?

I understand that the Constitution doesn't apply to those in the U.K. but still, If you allow your way of life to be disrupted, and fear to prevail, are not the "terrorists" winning over there in the U.K. as well?

[edit on 8/11/06 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I know, what about: the terrorist attacked because they hate our freedom speach.
Hahahaha, the funnyets thing youve ever heard isnt it

THE WAY TO BATTLE THE EVIL TERRORIST WHO HATE OUR FREEDOM IS BY TAKING AWAY YOUR FREEDOM!!1 THAT WILL TEACH THEM!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patronas
I know, what about: the terrorist attacked because they hate our freedom speach.
Hahahaha, the funnyets thing youve ever heard isnt it

THE WAY TO BATTLE THE EVIL TERRORIST WHO HATE OUR FREEDOM IS BY TAKING AWAY YOUR FREEDOM!!1 THAT WILL TEACH THEM!!!

Sure will.

Now you're getting it Patronas. One example:

The more restrictions and fear they can put into flying, the less Americans will fly. Which means they get more and more isolated and freaked out and paranoid. The ones that do fly (I'm flying cross country tomorrow, lucky me) will be inconvenienced almost to the point of inconvenience. Hours more in security lines, strip searches, clusterf*cks on all sides.

Is this about politics? On every level. The thwarted terrorists wanted to make a point about US/UK hegemony in the Middle East and Muslim territories in general, and by gum, terrorism is a hell of a way to do that. The US government in general is leaping all over this to show it's still relevant and important and fierce (although it had precious little to do with the actual attack-foiling). The Republicans, specifically, are lunging at this opportunity to put the Democrats back on the defensive. We'll see Hilarity Clinton making ferocious pro-war speeches, Joe Lieberman demanding that he was right all along, and I'd say about three years of progress on the anti-war front erased overnight.

source

And that's no joke.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just wanted to add a quick one just incase you guys didnt know...

I live in the UK and the Department of Transport yesterday announced that the new rules regarding hand luggage and liquids etc in cabins is probably to be made permanent. No more reading books on planes for us then! Unless they are Government sanctioned books handed out onboard... because we obvioulsy cant go taking books onto a plane incase someone disguises one as a bomb.
But seriously, just another of our freedoms taken away. It seems to me that the once sizeable boundary that was our freedom is now very quickly being reduced to a very tight noose around the neck of every man, woman and child in this and many other countries.
How many more can they take away before people stop saying "It doesnt bother me too much as long as I am safe from terrorists"?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From the link in your post Psyopswatcher

The timing of the hysteria was even more useful to Blair, who was on the verge of being thrown out of Downing Street the previous night.

Labour MP Jim Sheridan quit as parliamentary private secretary to the Ministry of Defence, becoming the first to resign from a government post over the war in the Middle East, saying he could no longer accept that Scottish airports were being used to refuel United States planes carrying "real weapons of mass destruction" to Israel.

The Scotsman newspaper made it crystal clear that Blair had mere days left in power, with some 150 members of parliament demanding Blair's enemy Jack Straw call the politicians back to London, even though they're on summer break. Ministers were furious at Blair's handling of the crisis and said they would push for an emergency recall of parliament in a manoeuvre they hoped would trigger Blair's downfall.

emphasis mine.

With two acompanying links.

news.scotsman.com...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

UK threat level remains critical

Everyone faced the threat and everyone "should respond with a common purpose and common solidarity", Mr Reid added.

Source.

For your protection.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

now your getting it patronas

Lol, i got it a looooong time ago

I still wonder about the fact that only GB and amerika are taking giant leaps in controll, i don't know about the rest of the world, but here in holland all remeans pretty much bussiness as usual after offcourse the id cards and some other stuff, but i have found no cameras or strange things arround yet

Are they waiting untill the next attack or what?
I mean....really...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?
the iluminati, is it just bush and blair and co, or are some major governments of all countrys involved??
I only read about amerika and great brittain, so please, if somebody could give me something more....

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So it was to get Tony out of hot water, eh? Just heard on NPR that officials were briefed (didn't get who) on this plot last week. So it was timed. Convenient the CT primaries were going on, so it can distract from that victory too.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
From the link in your post Psyopswatcher

The timing of the hysteria was even more useful to Blair, who was on the verge of being thrown out of Downing Street the previous night.

Labour MP Jim Sheridan quit as parliamentary private secretary to the Ministry of Defence, becoming the first to resign from a government post over the war in the Middle East, saying he could no longer accept that Scottish airports were being used to refuel United States planes carrying "real weapons of mass destruction" to Israel.

news.scotsman.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Scotsman

Ah ha! This time the emphasis is mine.

Methinks I was a griping about that very thing (and praising the Irish) in another thread around here somewhere. Good ole Scotsman:

How Shrub and Blair maneuvered a refueling stop for the weapons flights to Israel... last post

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

If i was at that airport with my $100 jar of Nordstroms face lift cream, i would have booked it out of there- i dont care if i had to pay a penalty, or lose my money all together. I would have never given them the satisfaction of leaving all my valuable stuff behind- not over something i dont beleive in. They looked like zombies, all taking stuff out and dumping it in trash cans.
How pathetic...just for the priviledge to travel??? No way. I would have said"Have a nice day" i'm out of here.

I wonder why so many just did as they were told????? Ha!!! You can see the mind control at work here. I refuse to play that game. Its not as if those people wanting to travel that day were "prisoners" at the airport.....or were they?
I wonder if you chose to leave rather than "participate" if the law would have "suspected" YOU ???

This is not something i would have taken lightly.

Maybe for a water bottle, i would have stayed..but when you think of expensive perfumes, creams, liquids you bought with your hard earned money- NO THANKS.

ANYONE NOTICE how Obedient people were???????

Right out of some horror mind control b class movie.

I dont know.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Wait...that's not.....is it?

Is that deoderant on the left there?

You can no longer take deoderant with you on vacation!!!

Now that's a plane I definately don't want to be on.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Bush links Hezbollah and 'plot'

Mr Bush warned of the terrorists' ever-changing tactics
US President George W Bush says Hezbollah and alleged UK air plot suspects share a "totalitarian ideology" they are seeking to spread.
Linking their actions with insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan, he said they all wanted to "establish safe havens from which to attack free nations".

Mr Bush said the UK terror plot was a "reminder that terrorists are still plotting attacks to kill our people".

Source.

Bush using the alleged terror plot to back Israeli action in Lebanon.

[edit on 12/8/06 by Implosion]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
HWHAHAHAHAHA THAT LAST POST HWHAAHAHAHAHAHA, THAT THE FUNNYEST THING EVER!!!!!

US President George W Bush says Hezbollah and alleged UK air plot suspects share a "totalitarian ideology" they are seeking to spread.

am i actually reading this correcly, is bush saying in his words that the terrorists are trying to esteblish global controll, or new world order????

Wauw, the terrorists that the CIA founded under the rule of bush senior actually continue to fight for the thing bush senior said back then against his own son bush junior who is president now...i kinda feel sorry for him

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH, woah, that was quite a laugh hahahaha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join