It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel possable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here is a conundrum about time travel. Theoretically Time travel is impossible to live threw even if it was possible unless you took the whole universe with you! Here’s why...

Say you were in New York and you built a time machine to go into the future say 10 years where would you be when you arrived? The answer is floating helplessly in space.

Why you might ask, The universe is constantly expanding at I think 25,000 miles an hour (correct me if I’m wrong on the MPH ) If you were to travel forward in time you would be at the same point in space as you left just 10 years later the earth would be 2190000000 miles away from your current position.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
But it doesnt really say that time travel isnt possible..

And maybe think of it a bit as jumping of a moving train - You'll still move in the same direction, not straight down.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
But even if it was like jumping off a train you would still lose velocity(you are starting on earth not space) the minite you stepped off the train and if that’s the case you wouldn’t be able to jump back in time seeing the universe is constantly Expanding outward.

AlBeMeT

new topics

join