It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heathrow Airport Secret Underground Rail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hi, apparently there is a secret underground rail track running from heathrow to northwick park hospital, does anyone have more information on this?

Mod Edit: Fixed ALL CAPS title

[edit on 8/10/06 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
loool, why would they want to build a track leading to northwick park hospital, which is affectionaltly known as chenobyle by locals (tis my local hospital)

in the case of an emergency, it MIGHT be the closest and most well equiped hospital to the airport. Besides, you can hope on the piccadilly line at Heathrow, and then go back to Rayners Lane, hop on the Met Line and bam, you'll eventally get to Northwick park

I don't see why it would have to be secret, and I've never heard anything about it despite living locally.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm..

Most airports (I worked at San Fran one summer) have underground areas. Its possible that some sort of tram exists to move equipment and luggage from one terminal to the other etc.

Im not sure of the distance involved, but it seems that even taking a VIP to the hospital would be better acomplished by a chopter or etc rather than a whole tunnel.

Maybe you should check out the hospital and see what you can find to see if there is any sort of system like that in place. The airport is unlikely to allow you to do so

Also, is it possible that the tunnel was part of an abortive attempt to provide a subway for public transport?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well I received this information from an older timer (in his early 60s) who grew up in the area and apparently when the hospital was built, they found an old bunker whilst digging full of ammunition that was stored there incase the Germans got that far inland during WWII

apparently the local kids new about the bunker whilst playing in the area, maybe you have an old relative who could dhed dome more light on this

thanks

kg

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The distance between Heatrow and NPH is probably about 9-10 miles.

There is a testing area at the hospital where they used to do stuff on animals

There are/were a number of crucial millitary bases in NW London. Which might be related.

Northwood is the head HQ of NATO (controls the iraq war operations currently) and was in use during the war, I think. Bentley Priory is not far away in Stanmore and was the main base of operations directing the battle of Britain. Uxbridge (closest to Heathrow) has a underground base (open to public) which was another Radar control centre. RAF Northolt was a frontline airbase in the war, and is today now the home of the Royal squadron which transports the queen, VIP's, Government ministers et.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
bother with NPH - its my local too - Hillingdon Hospital is at the top end of Stockley Park and handles all the isolation cases from Heathrow (there was a post about a suspected Ebola Case only the other week) and is very very close.

RAF Northolt handles VIP traffic and what was Queens flight i think (white planes with Red and Blue Livery) - and some very nice new helicopters. For those of you who remember that was where Princess Diana was flown into after her death.

HMS Warrior (Northwood) i think used to be CINCATLANT Fleet - living over the road I could never get a cell phone signal so i guess that points to some pretty big signals out of there.

RAF High Wycombe(Strike Command) was CINCUKAIR at some time during the 80s and 90s - and is just up the road.

RAF Stanmore - i know very little about save for passing the front gate, as well as RAF Uxbridge.

Ive no knowledge of an underground link to NPH - though i do know there is an unused line from Buckingham Palace that joins to the line for Heathrow - its pretty well documented (there is a padlocked access point opposite the palace according to some sources)

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Northwick park, man I try to avoid that place at all costs, I took out Private healthcare so I didn't have to goto any of the North West London hospitals because they are disgusting lmao.

although I have never heard of a tunnel, anyone know WHY they would build one ??

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
lol, its looks bad (looks like Chernobyl power plant), but it rates highly on the standards list. The news coverage about the drugs tests weren't exactly fair on the hospital, because the tests were done by a private company who have a compound on the site, like other companies.

They also have St Marks and Trustplus services there which are private medical care.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi there
I used to work at Northwick Park in the '80s and there are indeed tunnels under the hospital that I used to love exploring. Unfortunately I never saw anything to do with trains - only lots of pipes and the occasional stiff being wheeled to the mortuary. I'm sure most large institutions have these tunnels.
IPAS

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yay, this is like a north west london meeting.

FIrst off, RAF Stanmore is no more, it was closed about a decade ago and was turned into Stanmore park housing development about 8 years ago, its most interesting role ws probably as the head of the RAF balloning corps it then became a simple training base with the most interest thing being a Javelin gate guard.

There are indeed underground tunnels near RAF Bentley Priory however. I believe they were part of a pre-WW1 archive. In WW2 I believe they were considered an "anything but a direct hit" bomb shelter for the staff working for fighter command. Since then Bentley priory is kept more for historical nostagia than any real strategic use. It is right at the top of Stanmore Hill and i'm sure just waiting to become some un-affordable housing when the MOD feels like making a bit of cash.

Jensy

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Funny you should say that. Today the MoD annouced that all millitary operations in London will be consolidated into RAF Northolt, including the British Forces Post Office.

RAF Uxbridge will keep its museum, but the vast base is being turned into accomadation for 'key' workers, along with retail and business zoning. Stanmore is already derrelict, and there was definately housing planned for the areas a years back, there was a lot of controversy with the locals apparently, I don't know the latest. Bentley Priory still maintains nostalgic purposes.

Anyway, I mentioned those bases, as they were all still active at the time NPH was built.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
you never know anything is possible but I guess your right in asking why would they build a tunnel to NPH unless it has a secret underground base directly under it a bit like Dulce

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I misunderstood the original story, these tunnels existed before heathrow or Northwick were built and connected two bunkers storing weapons and ammunition, one in Hounslow and one where Northwick now exists

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
an interesting story - cant find out anymore from my sources at the moment. I wonder if those tunnels were part of the problem when the extension line caused the collapse of the building a number of years ago? Some pilot pals were describing the building as looking like it had been chopped in half as they flew over.

new topics

top topics

join