It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ehud Olmert and Pat Robertson Pray Together for Victory!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
One wonders how Pat Robertson has a seemingly open door to the office of the Israeli prime minister and is found here joining hands with Ehud Olmert to pray for victory in the struggle against the Hezbollah and their barrage of rocket attack's.

hosted.ap.org
JERUSALEM (AP) -- U.S. televangelist Pat Robertson said he joined hands Wednesday with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to pray for victory in Lebanon. "I'm here to say I love Israel. I'm here to say evangelical Christians in America stand with Israel in their struggle," Robertson told reporters. "For all our sakes, they cannot lose this struggle."

The session in Olmert's office followed a tense six-hour meeting of the Israeli Security Cabinet, which decided to expand the monthlong ground offensive in Lebanon."I think the people of Israel understand where their friends are, and their friends are evangelical Christians," Robertson said.

Robertson said the struggle against Israel was part of a larger struggle against what he called "Islamo-fascism," and suggested that Iran was behind Hezbollah's initial attack on Israel on July 12 that triggered a massive Israeli response, trying to draw attention away from its nuclear program.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In the past Pat Robertson has had close ties with former prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and has prayed with these leaders for the peace of Israel. Netanyahu even having appeared on Pat Robertson's television program the 700 club. Apparently the Israeli's hold Mr. Robertson in a higher regard than most American politicians.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It's because Robertson and many other US televangelists have struck a deal with the Israeli government to open and allow Christian tourist spots in Israel. Notice how after Robertson commented on Ariel Sharron's coma, stating that it was God's punishment on him for spliting up the land, the Israeli government banned Robertson from having any claim to the profits of the tourist revenue, and Robertson immediately played dumb and gave an appology to be let back in.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well its a belief amongst most evangelical Christians that everything Israel does is sanctioned by god, and if you oppose Israel, you support the forces of Satan.

One of many reasons I turned my back on Christianity, as that was how I was raised.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Note: Moderators, my appology for going off topic.

Interesting. Have you converted to another faith, after leaving Christianity?

I've heard my Christian friends telling me the same, about opposing the land of Israel. When you were Christian, were you ever given an explanation as to this verse:

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

It shows Israel did go astray from God, so wouldn't it mean it isn't entirely based on God's will?

Back to the subject, I feel people like Robertson are setting a bad example for Christians. I just hope his greed won't cause others any difficulty with their beliefs.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is scary stuff - these people are determined to bring about Armageddon if it doesn't come about by itself. What is the line? - Armageddon will come one genereation after the Jews retake Jerusalem (1967) - well a biblical generation is 40 years.

So get ready for a bumpy ride in 2007. They're not just going to sit back and wait for it to happen. They're going to do whatever they can to get the ball rolling.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I dont believe that every thing that Israel does is sanctioned by god, quite the contrary I believe Israel is wayward in gods eyes because they refused to accept his son Jesus as the messiah. Armageddon will happen and through this war Israel will accept the new covenant in Jesus. Hopefully!!

[edit on 11-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Two extremists, Ehud and Robertson, praying their god, money and power, together! What a news! Seriously those two crazy guy should hang themselves for what they promote and do.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Vitchilo?? You think that Ehud Olmert is an extremist?? why??

[edit on 11-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Vitchilo?? You think that Ehud Olmert is an extremist?? why??

Because he bombed all Lebanon for Hezbollah? Oh no, wait, it's his general that did that, but he approved the plan. He'll confirm himself that he's an extremist when he'll bomb Iran and Syria. Anyway, praying with Robertson is extremist by itself. Would you pray with Hitler?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

.......Robertson commented on Ariel Sharron's coma, stating that it was God's punishment on him for spliting up the land, the Israeli government banned Robertson from having any claim to the profits of the tourist revenue, and Robertson immediately played dumb and gave an appology to be let back in.

DJ, do you have any links about that? I did a small Google search but came up with nada. I've heard that before, I would like to read a little more on it. Thanks.

Sporty

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Didn't Nostradamus mention something about a "false" Armageddon?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Vitchilo, While I dont necessarily agree with every thing that Pat Robertson has done in his endeavors, I certainly wouldnt compair him to hitler.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Interesting. Have you converted to another faith, after leaving Christianity?

For a while, no, but now I am following a new spiritual path.

I've heard my Christian friends telling me the same, about opposing the land of Israel. When you were Christian, were you ever given an explanation as to this verse:

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

Yeah. i was told that only god has the right to punish Israel, and will curse and send to hell anyone who stands against Israel. So basically, israel can do wicked things, but only god is allowed to judge them, that we have to blindly support them no matter what because thats gods will.

It shows Israel did go astray from God, so wouldn't it mean it isn't entirely based on God's will?

I was told that it was gods will. Further adding to my already growing disillusionment.

Back to the subject, I feel people like Robertson are setting a bad example for Christians. I just hope his greed won't cause others any difficulty with their beliefs.

I hope so too, although he aint alone. there are alot of other televangelist evangelicals out there, like the Crouch's, and those guys who wrote the left behind series.

They are setting a bad example for Christians to follow, and are turning and twisting the bible to promote an agenda. i find it disturbing.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
Vitchilo, While I dont necessarily agree with every thing that Pat Robertson has done in his endeavors, I certainly wouldnt compair him to hitler.

what's worst, killing millions of people, or leading millions of people to hell?

just a thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shortness

Originally posted by the_sentinal

what's worst, killing millions of people, or leading millions of people to hell?

just a thought.

Exactly! Leading millions if not billions of people to death because they think that armaggeddon will happen if they kill enough people and create enough sh!t in supporting Israël?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think this has more to do with the new commercials lately to call on all christians to support Israel in "her time of need" by donating money. The more and more christians that support Israel the better it is for Bush in the polls, Robertson for PR and the obvious fact televangalist want Arabs gone from Israel so they can assist in the resurection of the new Temple of the Dome of the Rock.

Anyone who supports Israel simply for religous reasons, or follows Pat in his ways disgust me, not taking to heart the real issues at hand.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Robertson prayed with Olmert? To who, Jesus?
Is he saying you don't need jesus to be saved? Or do you get saved by being one of Roberston's political or business allies?

Originally posted by xmotex
Armageddon will come one genereation after the Jews retake Jerusalem (1967) - well a biblical generation is 40 years.

Firstly, there is no jewish apocalypse, olmert ain't trying to hasten it.
Secondly, it doesn't say one generation after the jews take jerusalem. Jesus tells his followers that the second comming will occur "before your generation is dead'. That, for the record, was about 2,000 years ago.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Firstly, there is no jewish apocalypse, olmert ain't trying to hasten it.

Not Olmert, Robertson.
Olmert's just happy to take advantage of a major American political figure that backs whatever he chooses to do unquestioningly.

And whatever the Bible actually says, some Christian millenialists believe that the restoration of Israel, defined by them as the posession of Jerusalem complete, is a sign of the End Times. That there will be a final battle between Israel and it's enemies after a generation, after which Jesus will return.

Ask them.

[edit on 8/11/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

.......Robertson commented on Ariel Sharron's coma, stating that it was God's punishment on him for spliting up the land, the Israeli government banned Robertson from having any claim to the profits of the tourist revenue, and Robertson immediately played dumb and gave an appology to be let back in.

DJ, do you have any links about that? I did a small Google search but came up with nada. I've heard that before, I would like to read a little more on it. Thanks.

Sporty

Yes, I do. This link covered the story, and has the story about his dismissal from the "Holy Land Theme Park" on the second page.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
www.cbsnews.com...

Thanks for the link
All I can say is...wow, talk about the blind leading the blind

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join