It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid construction explained and the carnage that follows.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Mark you really need to start laying stuff out in a more logical and concise manner.So far, in 8 pages, you have talked/argued more with other members than actually presenting your ideas/thoughts.....and its dragging the thread down big time...stop talking about human nature, and get back to presenting your theory.This isn't some chat site(for the most part).
Stop trolling and baiting people in some personal "thought experiment", and get back to why you came here in the first place.He who talks much says little.

I was posting. then ban, lectures, insults, BS rebukes, lies, misquotes, on and on. I said my peice. You gonna tell me these things are not true? How can smart people get so much wrong? When it's right there? Dragging blocks. How can they say this? They can't. But if the lies and BS wasn't there I'd have nothing to address. But you got it. Just for the people who realy are interested and have been honest. I won' quite do as Shane suggests, you'll see, but hang tight. Nice man gave ten steps for images. If that works, we're off.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Not to scale. Not a lot of things. Don't sweet minutia. You know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

CX

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Not sure if everyone is seeing those images Mark, i'm not getting them here.

Welcome back btw.

CX.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Not sure if everyone is seeing those images Mark, i'm not getting them here.

Welcome back btw.

CX.

I exited the site and got back on. I still have them. Okay. What's the problem? Please go find an adult to help us out. You know more about who to see around here. I have no idea and I'm not in the mood to scream at my PC today.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Not to scale, just imagine the concept..

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

First is a way to turn a block.

Second is one way to catch a Byrd.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Marchimedes you sure talk alot, but say very little.
You might move safes, but you will never build a pyramid with them.
Remember the time frame also. Blocks would have to have been placed every two minutes. Can your method move a new block into place that quickly.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Setting a block in place .No way to roller it in and set down slap next to the next. One way to snug up is to put a lot of pressure on it and then bash it. Bashing wont do it alone quickly. Learned this puting in safe deposit boxes. here are a bunch of variations to this. To move a block above or below, square a bunch up, and on. It will just distract you from what you need to know. op view is three logs held by men. Two outer logs press, middle log bashes. Yes, hbash is the industry technical term. Beat and whale are also acceptable.

Is anyone able to see these? If not why? You been bugging me for pictures, now I'm bugging you. I've have gobs of drawings. We will be going over this long time. I have thought of everything. I've thought of stuff you don't know is needed to be known. Get over my attitude and get this or ask me what you don't get.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Marchimedes you sure talk alot, but say very little.
You might move safes, but you will never build a pyramid with them.
Remember the time frame also. Blocks would have to have been placed every two minutes. Can your method move a new block into place that quickly.

yes. With guys like me,everyone set and in the routine, it's like a machine. Do you see these images?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

First block out of quarry is first block in road and the first road block to go on pyramid.

Last road block is last block on pyramid. Explains why there is no evidence. What did they have a lot of besides sand and Egyptians? Blocks. I would use them. Lots of them. readily available, real good at moving them. No special orders or changes in production. little work and they're nice and smooh and flat. Solid. stable. lasting. Stagger each row so the cracks aren't lined up and rollers go right over. You don't have to stop and heighten the ramp every level. maybe they aren't mentioned because the Egytians are like "duh, use the blocks". Shortest distance fom quarry to pyramid? High school. Come on now. Straight line. Yes Byrd I know you know but give the others a chance. listen people, this as toned down as I get. Ban me, ignore me, but don't tell me this don't work becasue of my mouth. Does anyone see these? Now find a better quicker way. The last guy asked about the 2 minutes. One of he things I always kept in mind was that. Any slow idea was tossed. Like dragging. Or cribing and levering each block up each level.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

oUT OF THE QUARRY WITH THE FIRST BLOCKS. wAAAA, BUT mARK, HOW DID THE BLOCKS GET OUT OF THE QUARRY? sTEPS, JUST LIKE THE PYRAMID. Standardization. Blocks out of quarry, blocks in road, blocks up pyramid. Consistant. Men able to work in quary one day, fill in for that slacker Byrdsan who called in sick but is just hungover and know what to do BECAUSE IT'S THE FRIGGIN SAME. Speeds things up right there eh bro? Get godd, get timing down, like a bucket bigade. like railraod wokers hitting spikes in cadence to a song. you ever thought this that far? I got way more.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
At least this last picture appeared.

Keep on posting them.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
At least this last picture appeared.

Keep on posting them.

Now my first 7 posts the image is gone and there is that little red x. I still have the last three. rattle my cage . I can take it. You all are out here. So sayeth the views. And I can hear you breathing. What's the deal? Spending software cash on beer?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
First of all, you didn't upload your images. So we see ...nothing.

Originally posted by Marchimedes
First block out of quarry is first block in road and the first road block to go on pyramid.

I think we all got that ages ago.

What you don't seem to "get" is that they didn't do it that way. Others put up links to the types of roads they built. And I remember reading about quarry roadways and other roadways paved with small bricks.

Last road block is last block on pyramid. Explains why there is no evidence.

No, it doesn't. You see, if it HAD been done that way (for 20 years) the top blocks would be chipped and scratched and there'd be a HUMONGOUS trench roadway (as the blocks sank into the mud from the floods and all that.)

What did they have a lot of besides sand and Egyptians?

You really don't know anything about them, do you? What a shame. They're a wonderful culture.

Blocks. I would use them. Lots of them. readily available, real good at moving them. No special orders or changes in production. little work and they're nice and smooh and flat. Solid. stable. lasting. Stagger each row so the cracks aren't lined up and rollers go right over. You don't have to stop and heighten the ramp every level.

Yeah, that's the way YOU would do it in the 20th century. How many granite and limestone block highways have you built? You're awfully proud of your safemoving experience, but I don't see a thing about your experience building roads in Egypt and hauling stone over them.

My brother knows a thing or two about building roads. He had a good laugh at your idea. Blocks without gravel underneath to stabilize them won't stay stable under loads.

maybe they aren't mentioned because the Egytians are like "duh, use the blocks".

Wow. You really don't bother reading, do you?

Unlike you, I do bother to read the links. The Egyptians talked about their methods and left evidence of it. Didn't include huge shifting blocks.

Shortest distance fom quarry to pyramid? High school. Come on now. Straight line.

You really don't know anything about roads, do you? Here's a hint from my brother: that may be the shortest line but it probably isn't usable. You can draw a nice straight line from one side of the Rockies to another, but I can guarantee you that you couldn't drive a car over it.

And you sure haven't tried moving any stones. Safes, yeah. Other stuff, yeah. Become a sculptor (like my uncle) and start hauling a ton or so of limestone or marble for your sculpture out of a quarry.

I've helped do that.

I'm here to say the idea of "dragging rock over rock" being 'efficient and fast' is pure baloney.

listen people, this as toned down as I get. Ban me, ignore me, but don't tell me this don't work becasue of my mouth. Does anyone see these? Now find a better quicker way.

So far, your mouth hasn't proved that it's doable. YOU haven't proved that it's doable (you probably don't watch a lot of tv, so I'll tell you that there's several documentaries where students and others have tried methods they theorized about.)

You just showed up, said "WORSHIP ME! I KNOW EVERYTHING!!" and copped attitude and pitched fits, hoping we'll all cave in and go "ooooo! He's a fountain of wisdom!!!!!!!!!"

Nope.

You haven't proved that your "idea" is right. You've proved you're a terrible artist and that you will attack savagely anyone who thinks your ideas are wrong. You've proved you have a terrible temper. You've proved that when you can't argue a point, you try being nasty.

Well, your nasty attitude doesn't prove a thing. Grab limestone, get a vid, go out to the desert and use YOUR building technique in a race against another team and prove it's faster and cheaper.

Then we'll be impressed.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Indellkoffer]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
marchemedian,

Aside from your "theories" on how the stones would have been moved from the quarry to the pyramid site, you do realize that the methods you have put forth for moving large, bulky objects up, and to, inclined elevations/pads takes place on a daily basis throughout many a construction site, worldwide. No?

Levers, fulcrums, roller bars and/or Johnson bars are nothing new and have been used throughout, virtually, the sands of time. Nothing new there, whether it be a bank vault, safety deposit box, 5-8k# air conditioning unit, a 5-10k# electric transformer, or a Huge boiler unit.

Day in and day out these same methods, that you seem to proclaim as having pioneered, are utilized daily throughout the world.

Again, aside from your "theories" as to how the stones were moved from the quarry to the actual "construction" site, Please do explain how/where "your" methods differ from those that have been in place and practice for centuries.

Curious minds Do want to know?!

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join