It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid construction explained and the carnage that follows.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Still doesn't explain the worldwide phenomena of pyramids. Or the precise cutting and polishing of the stones, Marc's theory works for putting stones one atop another, nothing more, Quit focusing only on Egypt. Look at the Inca's, for instance, how did they get the stones all the way up the mountain's? Levers and rollers? Look at Baalbeck, the most massive stone blocks on the planet are there, although it is not andesite, how to move those stones is almost beyond our comprehension. Building a pyramid on a flat leveled out surface is one thing, putting one together on the top of a mountain is quite another. Putting them on other planetary bodies? You tell me. Maybe man was quite a bit more intelligent in the times of the building of the Pyramids, when was that? 4000yrs ago? Are you sure? Marc said this is how I would probably do it, not this is how it was done. So Marc, How would you go about putting a pyramid on the top of a mountain? Please try to remember people, Pyramids are all over the planet. And possibly on other planets as well. If humans are so smart, now or even back then, what happened?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUNTER1967
I love it and the intestines of animals were used as snorkels

I guess we will have to share credit on this theory, since i was at a loss to explain the snorkels... intestines work for that... good job

I suppose it is not much of a stretch to think that they would have used inflated animal carcasses to help supply the bouancy required to lift the blocks underwater...

and then there is the idea that they could have had air tubes made out of intestine, that stretched all the way to the surface (no snorkel needed)... with more of the animal carcasses stretched upon a rack structure to form an inflatable air bellows...

guess it just goes to show (as the worlds oldest proffession knows)
if you are willing to put gross disgusting things in your mouth, then you can do almost anything... including breathe underwater, and build a pyramid...

[edit on 11-8-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If only that little booger Leedskalnin wasn't heart broken and bitter, we'd
all know how they were built.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buffalo Voice
Still doesn't explain the worldwide phenomena of pyramids. Or the precise cutting and polishing of the stones, Marc's theory works for putting stones one atop another, nothing more, Quit focusing only on Egypt. ....... Building a pyramid on a flat leveled out surface is one thing, putting one together on the top of a mountain is quite another.

As far as I know, there is no evidence to prove that Aliens were responsible for any of the Pyramids built in the world. Just because we aren't familiar with construction methods from thousands of years ago doesn't mean that Giants or Aliens are responsible. Maybe hundreds of years of building pyramids and moving heavy stones provided builders with experience and improved-upon methods of building them 'right'.

Putting them on other planetary bodies? You tell me. Maybe man was quite a bit more intelligent in the times of the building of the Pyramids, when was that? 4000yrs ago? Are you sure?

Are there pyramids in space? I wasn't aware that we have indesputable proof of intelligent life on other plantes. Do you have links to photos of these space pyramids? Are you sure?

Marc said this is how I would probably do it, not this is how it was done.

I certainly made no claim that Mark's method is THE ONE, but it certainly beats these Alien and Giant theories (among others).

And possibly on other planets as well.

"Possibly" on other plantes doesn't equal = "There are Pyramids on other planets". Until we see absolute proof of Pyramids in space, I'm gonna go with "human beings built the pyramids"

If humans are so smart, now or even back then, what happened?

Imagine there is a terrible disease that kills off 90% of the population. Imagine you're one of the survivors. Are you going to know how to build a house from scratch? Will you be able to build an automobile from scratch? How about harnessing and using electricity? I'll be honest. I couldn't! Something tells me that the remaining 10% won't all be Professors and Physicists, experts in every field of human knowledge.

Disease and war happen. Important people are killed off, survival kicks in, and suddenly knowing how to build a pyramid isn't as important as farming or hunting, or fighting your enemies who want your food. There are numerous scenarios that could cause the human population to lose much of it's knowledge. Different regimes and empires have been known to burn books, kill the intellectuals and experts,.... disease and war is nothing new to the human race. So,..... that's what 'might' have happened, and that's what 'could' happen to make us lose what we have and know today. There are a lot of different scenarios, but at this point, Aliens and Giants aren't indesputably one of them. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I never said anything about aliens, I am trying to look at this from a worldwide perspective. There are pyramids all over the planet, can you agree on that? Giants did exist, plenty of evidence outside of the good book for that. Google it and see. I never said giants did it either, this was a WORLD WIDE phenomena. Marc says based on his safe moving experience, that huge blocks can also be moved in the same manner, so what, doesnt explain a world wide pyramid building culture. Maybe the culture itself wasnt worldwide but the knowledge of how to do it sure was. Imagine a worldwide catastrophe where 90% of the population is wiped out? Imagine a global civilization with pyramid building skills. I mean after all we are just Imaganing, right. Look, I dont want to debate anyone here on ATS about who, how, or even why, just look at it from a worldwide perspective thats all. Focus on the great pyramid in egypt all you want, gets us all nowhere, marcs theory is just that, marcs theory, doesnt explain the world wide pyramid building. Build a dam and fill it with water, then float the stones intop place? All over the planet, every time? WHEW!! OK, here is a thought, lets see if the very brightest and best here on this forum, and marc himself will agree to a debate. A civilised debate moderated and controlled. There is a debate forum here right? Let the debate be on pyramid building of course, although then we must incorporate the world wide phenomena of it all then. Not just the Giza Pyramids. Who wants to accept the challenge to debate master marc? Marc, do you want in on this or are you consigned to just the giza plateau also. Well boys and girls, is their anyone here at this board capable of debating a WORLDWIDE pyramid building knowledge base. Actually, Master Marc should have issued this challenge to you all, not me. Good luck to you all.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buffalo Voice
I never said anything about aliens, I am trying to look at this from a worldwide perspective. There are pyramids all over the planet, can you agree on that?

I think we can agree on that.

Giants did exist, plenty of evidence outside of the good book for that. Google it and see. I never said giants did it either, this was a WORLD WIDE phenomena.

Can you please provide links, prefferably the ones that convinced you? I know it seems I have an infinite amount of time by the way I post, but the truth is I don't. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Marc says based on his safe moving experience, that huge blocks can also be moved in the same manner, so what, doesnt explain a world wide pyramid building culture. Maybe the culture itself wasnt worldwide but the knowledge of how to do it sure was.

The reason you see so many pyramids all over the world isn't specifically because the building of pyramids came from one source, but because it was one way of building structures that could measure hundreds of feet tall, and still remain stable. The ancient civilizations may have been smart, but they didn't (to my knowledge) have the capability to build very tall buildings in any other way (not like we do today). The pyramid is simply a great piece of engineering, without the need for very sophisticated tools. That's my take on it.

Imagine a worldwide catastrophe where 90% of the population is wiped out? Imagine a global civilization with pyramid building skills. I mean after all we are just Imaganing, right. Look, I dont want to debate anyone here on ATS about who, how, or even why, just look at it from a worldwide perspective thats all.

Explained in my above paragraph.

Focus on the great pyramid in egypt all you want, gets us all nowhere,

The reason people tend to focus on the Pyramids on the Giza Plateau is, because they are considered to be one of the best-built pyramids in the world. Here is a quote from Wikipedia

The techniques used to construct Egypt's pyramids are thought to have initially been developed by trial and error[3], and then further evolved based on local economics, resources, and other considerations, over the thousand year pyramid-building phase of Egyptian civilization. At first, what we now know as pyramids were actually step pyramids, which eventually became more complex by filling the empty steps.

marcs theory is just that, marcs theory, doesnt explain the world wide pyramid building. Build a dam and fill it with water, then float the stones intop place? All over the planet, every time? WHEW!!

I don't recall his explanation mentioning anything about floating stones into place (of course I could be wrong), though other posters did mention this as a possibility. I realize that Mark's theory is only a theory at this point, and not absolute proof. No one is saying that it proves anything. It's just another possibility among dozens.

OK, here is a thought, lets see if the very brightest and best here on this forum, and marc himself will agree to a debate. A civilised debate moderated and controlled.

Honestly what's there to debate? He presented his 'theory' and he asked ATS members to pose questions for him. He seemed quite eager to give replies to these questions (at first), especially since he seemed to want to work out all the potential problems/holes in his theory. No one here can prove beyond a doubt that one theory is more plausible than the other, unless we see a physical demonstration of these suggested methods side by side in my humble opinion. Once again I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it. Since he's moved incredibly heavy objects for years, I give him the benefit of doubt, and acknowledge that he might have something to add to the subject of Pyramid building. He even offered to give a theory on how other pyramids and heavy objects in the world were built/moved. Of course people were too quick to linger on the way he composed his post instead of what he presented inside of it.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Glad you did the research.

Technology gets handed down and modified, but the successful stuff stays around for a long time.

Well the Link you offered didn't have the reference A Level, and it was not until reviewing "Those Other Sites" that this became clear.

In my first reply, referencing a "Square" was infact what was shown, along with the Plumb Bobs for aligning vertical.

Those three pieces, would not have done the Job, but those Rig's in the Canadian Site that explained the "LINE" aspect, made this quite clear and easy. I've worked in Laying Pads and Pathways with Line levels for Many years, and the margin of error with such a tool, is well within acceptable margins for Modern applications. A 1/4 Inch over a 100 Feet is nothing to be to concerned with, and it seems neither did those, who constructed the Great Pyramid in 10000 BC.

But I have seen your response about the Road System, earlier here, and still think the Draging over Rock, is not the Mode of Transport.

Skidding across the Rock on Sleds or Rollers would make this move like silk. Just as long as the Front Edge of the Piece you ARE MOVING is not allowed to be a weighted contact to the surface it is being pulled over. I would not think thay would have just dragged material (Blocks) over a Hard Surface.

This leads to another question though.

I know I am JUMPING ERA'S, but when did the Roman's FIND OUT about Concrete, and is it not Lime, that is the setting agent?

"Limestone"?,
"Lime"?

Not to suggest the Egyptian had utilized Concrete as the Roman's had, but what if the Lime, Sand and Water was enough to produce that Firm Base to lay stone upon?

And Marc, I am glad to see you got back, because HERE, THOUGHTS are being expressed, on Both Sides. This is a positive thing no matter where the carnage ends.

Thanks Byrd

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
www.stevequayle.com...
Here is your link, dont let the name stop you from checking it out. A lot of people dont like Steve Quayle, but the research on these pages is very good. Start with the left hand side of the page and just click on research, that alone should keep you busy for a while. If you are still not convinced then the other links in the column should satisfy your curiosity. All I am saying here is Giants did exist at one time in our history, thats all. As for the Pyramids, Giza and all the rest, well, your opinion, Marcs, or anyone else's is as good as any. Until proof positive can be had. As far as the pyramids on other planetary bodies are concerned, same thing, until proof is found, well, all we have are theories. I would personally like very much to know for sure though. Not just about the pyramids, but about all of our ancient history. Good talking to you people here on ATS, I have learned a few things I might otherwise never have known. Thanks for that. I think I am done here on this thread though, see you all on another on in the future.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

the intestines of animals were used as snorkels

Hunter, I blew beer out of my nose laughing at that one!
And I wasn't even drinking any.

Where is Marc anyway?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
And getting caught up, I do see there is evidence of Roads/Ramps, but this seems to be still under some question of "definition".

This is the Link to the Authors direct page discussing this. It was offered through an other site previously, but this portion was specific to the subject

III. 2. The Discovery of the Ramp.
www.zahihawass.com...

During the work of relocating the Sound and Light Show cables at Giza, we were able to excavate their route beginning at the Southwest of the Great Pyramid. Also at this time we started the re-excavation of the cemetery GIS and the restoration of the tombs there.

As was discussed above the only possible side for the erection of the ramp during the reign of Khufu was the South side. The ramp was constructed of limestone chips, gypsum, and a calcareous clay called Tafla. Due to the hardiness of the construction materials what remains of the ramp, after the Egyptians removed it to build the tombs of GIS, should still exist on the South side.

We started to remove sand for the erection of the cables North of the paved road and South of the pyramid. During the work we found a big part of the ramp used to transport the stones from the quarry to the pyramid base. This part of the ramp consisted of two walls built of stone rubble and mixed with Tafla. The area in between was filled with sand and gypsum forming the bulk of the ramp.

1. The West Wall:
The length of this wall is 1.40 centimeters, built of a stone rubble and Tafla.

The length is 60 centimeters. Mud was used to consolidate the stones.

2. The Eastern Wall
It is located to the East of the West wall about 1.50 centimeters. The width is 1.45 centimeters and it is also built of stone rubble.

On the South side of the paved road, South of Khufu's pyramid, we excavated down about 2.50 meters and found another part of the ramp. This part is in line with the Eastern and Western wall and is of similar construction. This discovery proves that the ramp led from the quarry to the Southwest comer of the pyramid and was made of stone rubble and Tafla.(see plans 2,3) The ramp rises to about 30 meters above the pyramid's base at its Southwest comer. The ramp would have leaned against the pyramid's faces as they rose. Somewhat like accretion layers wrapped around the pyramid with a roadway on top. The weight of this ramp is borne by the ground around the pyramid. Traffic could move along the top of this structure as both pyramid and ramp rose in tandem. The top of the pyramid could be reached with only one and one quarter turns. The slope would rise with each turn from a reasonable 65 degrees, for the first section, to as much as 18 degrees for the last climb to the apex. 19

This is the extent of the "Find" and the talk does infact confirm, a Service Route was disvised, madeup of a Somewhat Firmer Composition, than the Sand. It has been expressed this was part there of some Ramp, but look at this find carefully.

I know many here, are Americans, and a Centimeter may be lost, but 1.40 Centimters is about 1/2 Inch. 60 Centimeters is about 1.70 Feet.

Now Hawass seems to be suggesting, there is evidence of "Outer Walls" that measure maybe 1/2 Inches high by 19 Inches Wide. He concludes, this is evidence of a Ramp, which COULD be accurate, but it also demonstrates, that a Path or Road, led directly to the Southern Face of the Pyramid from the Quarry, and infact this Tafla, was something that Firmed a Support for his persumed Ramp, which is still not clear from where I sit, but used none the less for Transport to the site.

Now, I would be impressed if he found a 30' High segment of this somewhere supporting the premise this was a ramp, that also demostrated an incline rising at an angle that would provide the proof there was infact a ramp, but he does not have this, at least as of yet. He only has a 1/2 Inch x 19 Inch Outerwall of a path

All he is truly finding, according to his research is something that leads from the quarry to the Jobsite.

Now, if the use of Flag Stone, or Cut Slices of Block where used atop the Tafla, is something that could still be possible.

But it is nice to see, that things where not just dragged over the Sand via Logs and Mule teams of Workers, with water and such being poured to make it slippery. At least something of an practical manner to move these items was used.

Now to see what the end result was.

• An ever increasing slope that made each level a more difficult task to accend

or

• A Hard Pact, possiblely Stone Covered or Flagstone Covered Path/Road, led to the Pyramid and Twiwdi type handling occured for the next lift.

I do not know what other information is available. Doing a search, I keep getting the Same details offered as Proof, but as noted, I do not see this as proof of anything outside of a Path made to move these blocks.

Maybe you Byrd, or Harte have something more to offer, in respects to the Great Pyramid, but I can not find anything but what was offered, as Harte also noted in his reply previously.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marchimedes
Do you all understand what I'm saying? I control the place with text.

That's there.

This is here. Two different locations. WE control this location with text.

That little rant is fo the people calling me nuts and SOB so maybe they wont do it here because they have a place just for abusing me, keeps the thread on topic, makes it kinder and gentler which I'm guessing you want by ALLTHE FRIGGIN TIMES I'VE BEEN OLD THAT, tells you a little abou me so maybe you wont take me saying I'm smarter and talk crap better so seriously, and jus maybe lure fresh victims there.

Back to topic...

In fact, it's been known for some time that blocks were levered in place to some extent in building the pyramids. This 1978 journal article mentions it: links.jstor.org...(197803)37%3A1%3C3%3ABCP%3E2.0.CO%3B2-B

Do I imply I came up wih levering?

However, they weren't dragging the stones atop a "road" of other pyramid blocks. The friction of stone on stone is higher than stone on mud, so they'd be doing a lot more work. And if one of the stones fell off another, the limestone is brittle enough to shatter. That means going back to the quarry and cutting more rocks.

I moved safes. One doesn' drag heavy weight. Where do I say EVR they dragged he blocks. Read ALL the words and we wont have to go through all his and I can ge to posting drawings.

In order to make a smooth surface, they would have to lay the "road" in with a lot of precision, adjusting the blocks on the sand so that there weren't any gaps in them. The "road" would have to be at least two blocks wide, otherwise they'd fall off the sides when you pulled them forward.

Now you say precise was beyond them? Did I say how wide or how they built the road yet?

The road would also be resting on soft sand that doesn't compress evenly under weight. Sand shifts (remember the Biblical injunction about building a house on shifting sands.)

Did I say they buil on the sand? maybe they made a bed of mud and pebbles, compacted it, then blocks on that. Read all the words and don't put words in my mouh.

Not to mention the wear and erosion on the "pavement" blocks after 20 years of stone being constantly dragged across them. Our own modern roads (built of more fleible material on a better engineered substrate) crack and have problems after 8 years of use.

You do this one.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I doublechecked on the intestine idea. Are you aware of just how fragile these intestine membranes are? They aren't waterproof (sausages take in water as they cook, and animal skin condoms aren't as bulletproof as latex) and they do rip easily. Coating them with something (wax) makes the contents unviewable.

I take back my repeated claim of them being indestructable.

So setting this hypothetical device of yours on a block of stone would simply suck the water from the membrane pores. You'd be left with a very flat and limp looking bladder -- if you didn't rip it to shreds when you slid it across the surface of the stone.

Take out of water bucket, fill to top, check level, put back in bucket. I understand the stone sucks a couple of gazillion gallons a second through intestine but maybe they were real fast.
JThat's not a useful tool.

you've never used a water level. Have you?

The tools that they do have pictured are made out of wood and very durable.

Stop acting like I know knothing about this.

They are consistant

Consistantly not as accurate as a water level which is more accurate then a bubble level.

(unlike things manufactured from animal products, which can vary according to the age and weight of the animal as well as the breed and the physical condition) and they don't shrink.

Why do you need intestines to be all the same? Two feet, ten feet long, bull guts, duck guts, so? You're looking at the ends. Never used a water level have you? And from your words it seems you don't understand how it works. Explain why you said the varying pat and how it bears on anything.

So: levers moving pyramid blocks is an old idea.

Stating known facts is fun.

They wrote about hauling the blocks with human effort and oxen and boat.

That's better. Please to steer me to this.

* The ancient Egyptians failed to show stone roads being made, to write about stone roads being made, to give men the title of "Royal road maker" (every overseer had a title, and we know what they are. Any road built would have had an overseer).

Then I guess they would have documented "royal ramp maker" stuff. Please to steer me to this.

* You're assuming a perfectly smooth stone (which they weren't) and all of equal size (they aren't) and a coeficient of friction that's actually lower than mud. You will have to supply proof that the ancient Egyptians polished the stones so smoothly that you could easily slide another stone over it.

All the words, no matter how big.

* You seem to be assuming that animal intestine bladders are about the same sort of durable, watertight container as latex. They aren't.

You know bro, seeming applied to me is bunk.

In order to make a viable concept, you'll have to go to the original hieroglyphic texts and to the paintings themselves and look for the clues that support your idea.

Again, if all these things are wrote, what's the big mystery? So then, jus tell us how they were built. Tell me how you drag a kings chamber block.

Otherwise, it's as viable as "a flock of My Little Ponies descended and put it all together with the help of the Care Bears."

Humor, sarcasm and inuendo do not translate in text. O so Skeptic told me. Before he infomed me of that I would have said "good one" bu now I just don' get i, I feel insulted, that does no belong in a opic like this in a seious thread and I'm complaining about this. You'e a mod right? I hearby complain o you about you. I demand a hoible cruel punishment hat you will inflict upon youself like....get a mirror and look. Now ban me. One for you, one for me.

Just tell me where to find all these pieces of evidence on how they DID do it please. I guess I was under the wrong impression that this was unsolved because of my ignorant assumption that there was little evidence.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by trudginup

Originally posted by Marchimedes
talking about pyramids or gags, I can do both at the same time and chew gum. But not here.

So I go to the members place, upload a paint, copy it, come here, click insert an image, paste theadress from the members place there, hit okay then fail. Who can I blame, what kind of fine can be levied, and I assume it can be paid in beer. I need images. I've a lot of ideas unheard of and best shown.

Okay folks, the last block on a level, it has o fi infron of one and between two others tight. Somehow you get it in, I'll cover that, but the back leftcorner is low.

Make fun of me moving weight. Call me names. We are building a pyramid here. You're not going home until this block is level. It's part of the building right? Your theory has to cover this. Mine does, quarry to top.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post some images, please.

If you need to, I can give you my e-mail address so you can send an image to me, to post on ATS.

The 10 steps of sharing an image file:
Step 1. Open up your e-mail homepage.
Step 2. Click 'Compose Mail'
Step 3. Type my e-mail address in to the line that says To:
Step 4. Type, 'ATS Images' in the subject line.
Step 5. Click the 'Attach' link
Step 6. There will be a Window that pops up, with all of your computers files. Double-Click on the image file that you want to appear on ATS.
Step 7. Repeat Step #6 for each image file that you want me to put on ATS.
Step 8. Click 'Send' at the bottom of the composed mail page.
Step 9.Refresh your browser, with your ATS thread open, until you see your images, posted by me.
Step 10.Quote my post and explain each image, in any way you see fit.

Everything is IMO, as to avoid links.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by trudginup]

Thanks. Will give it a go.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaneSo, since I am forced, I guess I must address this as I can.

Here would be a Level/Plumb Bob/Square
touregypt.net...

From another site, I acquired this insight

www.sciencetech.technomuses.ca...
HOW DOES IT WORK? The level is hooked to a string spanning two points. A plumb bob is then hung from the level

There is some "Other" examples of these "A Levels" as well

So, if Hung, between a Span, The tool would infact become a Line Level, which would make absolute sense in the "Grand" Scheme.

Glad you did the research. I knew what I was talking about, but was sleepy and distracted and began to wonder if I really WAS making sense. They're beautiful precision tools, and each builder treasured his own set.

I'm not sure, but I believe these same tools were the primary architectural and building tools for thousands of years. I have a vague memory that they were also used in the construction of medieval castles.

Technology gets handed down and modified, but the successful stuff stays around for a long time.

Perfect for plumb, but not for level. But water is.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
Marchimedes, I need to address your intestine theory. When I first read it I thought "He's on to something". I still think you're probably in the ballpark, but it has to be something different than intestines.
Intestines are kinda strong considering how thick they are. But let's say that a 23 foot long intestine has no leaks and can be filled with water. The water will (obviously) fill the lower regions first, as more water is added the pressure on the intestine walls would be tremendous (for intestines). At roughly 8lbs per gallon I really believe the intestine would rupture before you got it full.
Also, you would have to empty it each time you wanted to use it somewhere else. The pressure inside would keep the skin so tight that the slightest nick would make it pop like a balloon.

This whole thing got me wondering along similar lines though....
Can you tan a piece of intestine? I mean prepare it like leather and keep it somewhat flexible. It would be stronger and more durable that way, wouldn't it?

So go kill something and see how much water it will hold. Don't know about you but I've eaten a bunch of buritoes and I didn't pop. This would be final level. Rough level with the A level. I used to rough level vault doors to a point. Then the door swing would dial me in. Again. I just was thinking of a way to find level better then the A thing with what they had. I did. At a certain point in some cases a bubble level is not good enough for some things I have done. And a bubble level is way better then an A level. You follow me?

link   
Would it be at all possible, since this is an attempt at explaining the construction of the pyramids at Giza, to keep this debate clear of innuendo and sly personal attacks?

It's really difficult digging for artifacts in viscous mud as it tends to 'flow over' anything which is briefly uncovered. Please be kind to the thousands of people (who are all those 'hits') trying to build an image of the offered theory in their minds.

An excellent example of the writing style I'm asking for (nicely) is the recent post by Shane.

Clarity at it's most pristine.

link   

Originally posted by Mr Totality
jesus, just shut up and get on with it. A diagram would be better than your incessant rambling about how great you are. Also, if I have to hear about your previous jobs, and what you call this wonderful theory, I am going t have to walk away from this garbage.

So I was annoying within the rules? Swell.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well I don't mind the abuse, but I do mind you passing off a collection of already widely published and debated ideas as your very own

Copy/paste the idea and where I claim it as my own.

There have been several more or less well-funded, serious, scientific attempts at recreating these scenarios with the tools and methods described

I've seen a few. They knew nothing about moving weight. I saw many things they tried doing and failed miserably, took forever, or was lucky no one died that I've done easily many times.

, and to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever managed to do any of it. The principles work with small blocks that can be moved into position

Heaviest safe: 5500 lbs.

Heaviest vault door: 12000 lbs. Done with levers and rollers.

Is that equivilent to your definition of "small" blocks?

You need to go to a local bank equipment o safe business and run my method by them. Or just hang out and watch. Your telling me I can't do wha I have done and it just says much about you. I'm not lieing. You next opion is to tell me I am.

(often using modern methods, cranes, trucks etc.) onto rollers and then dragged a few feet, but they wouldn't have been able to move a 100 tonn block onto the rollers in the first place. Not to mention they would certainly break under that weight.

They wouldn't ahve been able. Careful with words. They may come back and shame you. I'll see that it happens.

I agree that some of the smaller stones could have been moved in this manner, but surely there are some things we still don't understand about the manipulation of massively huge stones... The way I see it your theories are nothing new, and I recent the way you worship yourself and your ego

I'm not allowed to do that any more and that you are so bother is TOO FRIGGIN BAD. The road is new. The 6" steps are new. Show me where it's been said before and I'll take it back. More new stuff coming.

with these claims. Lay off the cocain/coffein/sugar or whatever your on

NyQuil and elephant tranqs.

and try to actually use SOME of the words to describe your theory

Like I said. I've only posted 5% of my writings and that from a year ago and un proof read. But I'm enjoying this so far.

-

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I thought it was against T&C to draw members to another forum, especially with baiting and trolling techniques...

Dude, it's over, I got spanked, said my hail marys and paid the fine. But don't let that keep you from dweeling on it.

While marchimedes has taunted and teased with unoriginal theories,

Which theories have I claimed as mine are unoriginal. Except the I invented ollers, levers, and conjured up the fulcrum.

and self promoted "fact", he has not really improved the debate of what little of his theory is original... (the stone raising method) the leveling methods have all been covered, as well as the block transport methods... so lets concede that his understandings there are complete...

So far the road, the steps, and the water level are all I've claimed as mine. Copy/paste the ones you say I did and I'll fess up. Right now...

(sound of crikets chirping)

he has however u2ued many here, with additional baits and draws to come debate him on his own forum... (

All he wods. I said if you want to clash do it here.
where as he likes to point out, he is "teacher")

Came up wih that by myself and a 6 pack.
glad to know you teacher,

You too. but here you are still a new guy, learning how the board works...

Gee, when I figure that out maybe I can get like a few views, a place on the home page, and some play instead of hiting refresh and pining for replies.

please dont jump into artificially built personas of overconfidence, because as you pointed out, we dont know you yet, and if we did, then perhaps we would get your humor more, but as it is, you come across abrasive, and that really does affect peoples acceptance of "you" which you have to get past to hear your theory...

I ain't looking to get accepted. I want validity of my theory reached or not.

You are really obsessed on my personality aren't you. bet you hate Dennis Leary and Don Rickles.

you brought it here, so please debate it here!!!

It's been one day and I have a Basement to run. You scream at the microwave fo the 30 seconds, don'tyou?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUNTER1967
If they could have built a perfect square stone then they could have built round stone rollers or even round stone balls and built a wooden jig similar to a chinese checker board with the divits cut out smaller than the ball to hold several of the in place with the jig and attached handels. OR a series of parallel stone trenches in the road for the stone balls to ride.

Stone will shatter and chip fast.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join